Acts you've newly discovered on the poster

Lushroom

Not acts which I've learned from the poster but some smaller names that are really worth checking out..

- Soccer Mommy - She has done several albums 90's american indie rock sound.  Supported The National at Ally Pally last year FFO Phoebe Bridgers.

- Bar Italia - released debut last year I think.  Post punk indie - FFO Fontaines DC/Idles

- NewDad - I think they they have one album and some ep's - dream pop/Indie - FFO big thief, lush, wolf alice

- Mannequin Pussy - new album was out a couple of weeks ago.  Punky but then also shoegazy as well. FFO Idles, Ride

- Barry can't swim - Debut album was out last year. sort of "lofi" Dance music, in a similar vibe to Fred again. FFO Fred Again

-Alvvays - On about album 3 I think.  Jangly indie pop FFO c86 bands

I know lot's of indie there but I do listen to a lot of indie 🙂

also, I know people like Squid have been around a while but they are great post punk indie and Lankum was one of the albums of last year, dark folk I guess. 

I know I bang on about Nia Archives a bit but she really is fantastic.  Jungle music very 90's influenced. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Not acts which I've learned from the poster but some smaller names that are really worth checking out..

- Soccer Mommy - She has done several albums 90's american indie rock sound.  Supported The National at Ally Pally last year FFO Phoebe Bridgers.

- Bar Italia - released debut last year I think.  Post punk indie - FFO Fontaines DC/Idles

- NewDad - I think they they have one album and some ep's - dream pop/Indie - FFO big thief, lush, wolf alice

- Mannequin Pussy - new album was out a couple of weeks ago.  Punky but then also shoegazy as well. FFO Idles, Ride

- Barry can't swim - Debut album was out last year. sort of "lofi" Dance music, in a similar vibe to Fred again. FFO Fred Again

also, I know people like Squid have been around a while but they are great post punk indie and Lankum was one of the albums of last year, dark folk I guess. 

I know I bang on about Nia Archives a bit but she really is fantastic.  Jungle music very 90's influenced. 

Happy to endorse all those suggestions. Alvvays are my favourite band and their third record really was quite something.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Checking these all out, cheers!

28 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

Happy to endorse all those suggestions. Alvvays are my favourite band and their third record really was quite something.

God yeah,  they are great aren't they. I loved antisicocialites most but the third is fantastic as well. I've never seen them live so hoping there isn't a clash. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Thanks! Already been listening to New Dad and Barry Can’t Swim for a while. Will be checking out some of the others too. 

2 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Seconding the Mannequin Pussy shout, fantastic album

2 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Soccer Mommy, Alvvays, and Mannequin Pussy are all amazing. You seem to have a similar taste in music to me, so I'm going to check out those others you've listed 😁

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

Soccer Mommy, Alvvays, and Mannequin Pussy are all amazing. You seem to have a similar taste in music to me, so I'm going to check out those others you've listed 😁

Alvvays are amazing, really good live too. We've got tickets for Manchester the Sunday before and will keep those even if successful in the resale. One of the only bands where I like every one of their songs so need a full gig! 

2 hours ago, lendan said:

One of our group just recommended Fat White Family, that will be my soundtrack for the commute home 

One of our very favourite live acts. Definitely worth checking out and I really hope they get more than one set over the weekend.

4 hours ago, wairey said:

I’ve been loving Black Pumas since the WH lineup was leaked last week

Same.  Obsessed now.  My only must see on the poster.

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Interesting young pups by the name of Two Door Cinema Club.

Watched them in the BBC Intro tent in 2009, playing to about 20 people and using a Macbook as the drummer.  They looked about 14 at the time!

• 3 weeks later...