Glastonbury lineup poster 2024

Crazyfool01

For comparison, I only saw 5 acts on the first poster last year. Ended up with a packed schedule in the end with few gaps.

Arctic Monkeys
Elton John
Leftfield
Manics
Texas

From this poster I'd definitely see (just what I'd defo go to without clashes)

Paul Heaton
TDCC
Bloc Party
TLDP
Nothing But Thieves
Confidence Man
Dexys
And might as well add in Avril Lavigne for a laugh 😂

So 3 more acts, just not really a wow factor for my tastes and no headliner. And of course you find things from the Spotify research.

9 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Very possibly but the conversation would've went:

Glasto: "Hi would Madonna be interested in playing Glastonbury?"

Madges agent: "No its an indoor production"

Glasto: "Ok thanks". 

It definitely got further than that, but then I think logistics came in to play and it was quickly realised it just couldn’t be done without massively upping the fee and/or production and that was that. Somebody over on the other place got word that Emily was in close contact with Madonna’s people around the time of the London show she attended and talks seemed to be ongoing at that point, but then soon fell through. 

3 or 4 acts a day on there for me.

Coupled with pre midday drinking in the Avalon Inn we have a f**king weekend.

Just now, FloopFiller said:

It definitely got further than that, but then I think logistics came in to play and it was quickly realised it just couldn’t be done without massively upping the fee and/or production and that was that. Somebody over on the other place got word that Emily was in close contact with Madonna’s people around the time of the London show she attended and talks seemed to be ongoing at that point, but then soon fell through. 

I dont buy the info coming from the other place. Its all been a big pile of shite. 

Edited by The Nal

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I dont buy the info coming from the other place. Its all been a big pile of shite. 

Fair enough - kinda can’t blame you given how all over the place it’s been.

14 minutes ago, Nickyboy said:

Quote 'A profound shift not just in demographics but in tone'.

Yes, I guess it is, but I think they have to, it's going nowhere if they wheel out all the geriatric rock acts year of year. Where would Reading/Leeds be if they hadn't changed too? I don't reckon there's anywhere else to go but to appeal to a younger audience.

9 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

First timer and still understanding how to feel about the lineup. At first was very happy (outside of headliners) but now reading these comments I agree there's some magic missing. No big surprises or breakout artists right before they're clearly about to blow up. It feels hard to spot them now, but I'm sure there'll be so many amazing moments. 

That being said, there's like 20+ acts I am really keen to see already so I can't wait!

As a first timer, you'll have an incredible time no matter what happens, there's a hell of a lot more to the experience than watching bands. And if you've already spotted that many acts that you know you'd like to see, you're going to have a great festival. Enjoy!

• Like 1

So many acts with albums out and touring that are missing... Sprints, St. Vincent, Elbow, Vampire Weekend, Ibibio Sound Machine, Nadine Shah, Everything Everything, The Smile, Brittany Howard, Villagers... to name but a few, some of which always are a hit at Glastonbury (Elbow, Vampire). It's a bit odd.

6Music promote all these bands and alternative music and then they feel absent.  

I'm so lucky to be going and still lots to see and the festival is so much more than the main stages, so it's all good. But weak headliners for me, Shania Twain is baffling to me... who next Michael Bolton? Curtis Stigers? Celine Dion? Coldplay feels very lazy.

Dua Lipa and SZA i guess i'm just too old for them to be on my radar, but it does feel very pop.

Anyhoo... i'll still be cracking open a beer on Wednesday 26th June full of excitement. Will just be exploring other places.

41 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Why have they clashed idles and Fontaines? Please move Fontaines DC to Saturday night. Are they definitely both Friday night headliners? Park will be empty as same fans will be at Idles. Makes no sense at all.

I'm going to devote my life to them being on different times.

33 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Jesus. That f**king Friday night line up. f**k me.

Just too good.

9 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Bob on.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Fair play on that Green Poster my guy. Looks like you have a hotline to the good stuff.

Yeah looked spot on. Weird was a mad design though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, muffin said:

So many acts with albums out and touring that are missing... Sprints, St. Vincent, Elbow, Vampire Weekend, Ibibio Sound Machine, Nadine Shah, Everything Everything, The Smile, Brittany Howard, Villagers... to name but a few, some of which always are a hit at Glastonbury (Elbow, Vampire). It's a bit odd.

6Music promote all these bands and alternative music and then they feel absent.  

I'm so lucky to be going and still lots to see and the festival is so much more than the main stages, so it's all good. But weak headliners for me, Shania Twain is baffling to me... who next Michael Bolton? Curtis Stigers? Celine Dion? Coldplay feels very lazy.

Dua Lipa and SZA i guess i'm just too old for them to be on my radar, but it does feel very pop.

Anyhoo... i'll still be cracking open a beer on Wednesday 26th June full of excitement. Will just be exploring other places.

Although me and the 3 other people who were at St Vincent a couple of years ago would probably be happy to see her back, I wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't a big fan.

Anyway, there's still loads to be announced.

45 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Why have they clashed idles and Fontaines? Please move Fontaines DC to Saturday night. Are they definitely both Friday night headliners? Park will be empty as same fans will be at Idles. Makes no sense at all.

Apparently, Idles were booked very last minute - possibly as recent as last week - after they had to do some switching around. I don't think this clash was intentional.  Huge crossover there which will eat into both crowd sizes.

It's missing an excitement factor for sure but being in this forum every day consuming all bits of info and rumour will contribute to that.

I'm happy with it, it has a different feel to it this year, more modern on the most part, less "I need to see this person before they never play again" vibes. 

Weird clashes with Idles/Fontaines and Simz/Streets though.

30 minutes ago, Nickyboy said:

This made me laugh out loud 

"festival favourites Coldplay, bouncing on to the stage like the labradoodles of rock, sure to cheer up even the most sceptical with their gormless, effervescent joy."

22 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

First timer and still understanding how to feel about the lineup. At first was very happy (outside of headliners) but now reading these comments I agree there's some magic missing. No big surprises or breakout artists right before they're clearly about to blow up. It feels hard to spot them now, but I'm sure there'll be so many amazing moments. 

That being said, there's like 20+ acts I am really keen to see already so I can't wait!

I went for the first time last year and my fave day was the Thursday where I saw 0 bands. You will have an amazing time regardless. Plus- plenty more to be announced including some surprises for sure. Last year has the Foo Fighters who weren't on the poster. Big names can still come 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

would be insane imo. no one is doubting her critical acclaim but her biggest album got to number 4 as far as I can see. Has she even played arenas?

you are assuming she won't get any better 

i am not saying headline now ,. next year . but if she keeps moving the way she is going she will have bigger albums and play stadiums.   she will one day headline