Glastonbury lineup poster 2024

Crazyfool01

Posted (edited)

Nice one Emily on the majority female headliners 

edit for clarity in case people feel offended by nice one Emily .  I’m happy Emily is working towards her objective and will be seeing Dua lipa and really looking forward to the party 

Edited by Crazyfool01
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 3

General consensus from our Facebook group - underwhelming.  I can see us spending a lot of time in the SE corner/circus etc. this year which is no bad thing.

I don't have a ticket this year, so it is with some relief that I realise I really don't seem to have any must-sees which I am missing out on. Little Simz is the closest, but I saw her in 2022.

I'd still rather be there than not, and will be trying in the resale, but the lineup is more "I'd watch them if I'm there" than anything else.

11 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Idles headlining other is embarrassing. I think SZA is objectively weak too, they must have really struggled - no way that was plan A B or C

You’d say SZA was headlining Other and IDLES Woodsies, but both got bumped when Madge/Stevie didn’t happen. 

Would make sense. 

• Upvote 3

I reckon that Emily shot herself in the foot when she declared LAST YEAR that she had 2 female headliners and female legend and then failed to get contracts with Madonna, Taylor Swift, O-Rod or Stevie Nicks

Ended up with decidedly 2nd string Plan D artists

But hey, headliners probably relatively cheap so more money for charity?? 

Just now, airwaves said:

I reckon that Emily shot herself in the foot when she declared LAST YEAR that she had 2 female headliners and female legend and then failed to get contracts with Madonna, Taylor Swift, O-Rod or Stevie Nicks

Ended up with decidedly 2nd string Plan D artists

But hey, headliners probably relatively cheap so more money for charity?? 

Nah. Why would SZA getting the call affect so many other things?