Pyramid Subs 2024

Joey Peeps

5 minutes ago, FirstGlastoHype said:

Any suggestions or ideas? 

Well The National are heavily rumoured for the Sunday. Would love Placebo, but not sure if they are still big enough to headline. Also Stereophonics and Pulp are both possible.

51 minutes ago, Chip Batch said:

Though an album show would be a bit strange to open a main stage with, I could see that working. It’s their best album and has a lot of big songs from the mid- 00’s that a lot of casual people might / would know. A bit like the Libertines in 2022. I don’t know who played that slot last year though as no ticket.

Last year was Ben Howard. Played all his newer stuff which, fair enough, is what he wants to promote. But everyone was clearly there for the big singles off his first album so ended up being a bit of a snooze.

I'd worry about Bloc Party having something similar where people come for The Prayer / Flux and don't know a lot of the album tracks on Silent Alarm at all so get restless.

If Bloc Party are playing and doing Silent Alarm in full then it’ll surely be a secret set. Them opening Other with that set doesn’t work at all. 

We had somebody saying they’d heard there was a secret set before the run of Yard Act > Sleaford Mods > Gossip on Woodsies - I’ll hazard an early guess that that’ll be Bloc Party.

42 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Just that final four acts on the Saturday for Woodsies. 

I wouldn’t have to go very far that afternoon if it were true. Bloc party (playing Silent Alarm) yard act and sleaford mods would do me ok, clashes / better options aside 

Edited by Chip Batch

I can't see stereophonics as an other stage headliner in 2024.

They fill the same sort of space as Keane. Still strangely big but musically bankrupt for a long long time. Pyramid late afternoon. Big crowd and bring the singles out. Fine. 

It amazed me that they headlined latitude a few years ago as a filler for snow patrol. 

There's a place for them at glasto but not near the top. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Euphoricape said:

Well The National are heavily rumoured for the Sunday. Would love Placebo, but not sure if they are still big enough to headline. Also Stereophonics and Pulp are both possible.

Sounds great for the other! And what about the pyramid subs? 

Edited by FirstGlastoHype

2 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

If Bloc Party are playing and doing Silent Alarm in full then it’ll surely be a secret set. Them opening Other with that set doesn’t work at all. 

We had somebody saying they’d heard there was a secret set before the run of Yard Act > Sleaford Mods > Gossip on Woodsies - I’ll hazard an early guess that that’ll be Bloc Party.

I'll take that. 

2 hours ago, mouserat said:

Last year was Ben Howard. Played all his newer stuff which, fair enough, is what he wants to promote. But everyone was clearly there for the big singles off his first album so ended up being a bit of a snooze.

I'd worry about Bloc Party having something similar where people come for The Prayer / Flux and don't know a lot of the album tracks on Silent Alarm at all so get restless.

The idea of anyone turning up for Flux rather than anything off Silent Alarm is hilarious… 😂

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, GrumpyRaver said:

The idea of anyone turning up for Flux rather than anything off Silent Alarm is hilarious… 😂

Well, exactly - but I feel like that song got way more radio play than (e.g.) Price of Gas. Although I've got no real concept of how well-known Bloc Party even are outside of my bubble so maybe I'm being unfair.

5 hours ago, mouserat said:

Well, exactly - but I feel like that song got way more radio play than (e.g.) Price of Gas. Although I've got no real concept of how well-known Bloc Party even are outside of my bubble so maybe I'm being unfair.

Flux was a single, so of course it got way more radio play than album track Price of Gasoline.

That said, I do get your point. I'd much rather a setlist with 7 or 8 tracks from Silent Alarm and a few other* singles like Flux/The Prayer/Hunting For Witches/One More Chance/One Month Off, than the full 13 Silent Alarm tracks. They've toured Silent Alarm in full twice now. Just play the bangers at a festival.

*no singles from the last 3 albums plz

E: I thought people were talking about opening Other. A standard Woodsies set billed as SA in full is fine I guess. Would still prefer a mix for a secret set/Other opener.

Edited by ghostdancer1