Best visuals, sensory set ever

westholtschic

Good afternoon from a beautiful sunny Morocco.

So I’m on my sunbed watching the Chemical Brothers set from 2019 and thinking what’s the best visual set/ moment you have seen at the farm.

Here are my top 3.

1. Coldplay 2016

2. Chemical Brothers 2019

3. John Lennon on stage with Sir Paul McCartney.

What’s yours?

• Upvote 1

1. First time seeing Arcadia, in it's original SE location.

2. Oh My God It's The Church (Avalon), the music's pretty dodgy, but the crazy presentation and showmanship is really worth seeing (once).

3. The Darkness (Pyramid, 2003), only because it was the first band I saw at Glastonbury, and first at the Pyramid, and right at the front, so the whole experience is still clearly imprinted on my mind, including Justin's ludicrous outfit that got tangled with his guitar.

• Upvote 1

I think (but don't know for sure) I saw Primal Scream play the Other Stage (may have been called something else at the time) one year. It was both cosmic visually and audibly. Then again, I had taken mushrooms. While I was there, flying off me tits, my mate nudged me and said 'Have a look at the Grim reaper' behind us. I looked, and there indeed, was the f**king Grim Reaper. Only for real - some bloke had actually dressed up as the Grim Reaper, complete with scythe. 

What kind of an evil bastard dresses up as the Grim Reaper at Glastonbury - knowing that many people will get the 'Fear' when seeing him? 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

1. First time seeing Arcadia, in it's original SE location.

2. Oh My God It's The Church (Avalon), the music's pretty dodgy, but the crazy presentation and showmanship is really worth seeing (once).

3. The Darkness (Pyramid, 2003), only because it was the first band I saw at Glastonbury, and first at the Pyramid, and right at the front, so the whole experience is still clearly imprinted on my mind, including Justin's ludicrous outfit that got tangled with his guitar.

Oh My God are fantastic live. Saw them at WOMAD and had tickets for their Bristol gig before Xmas but was poorly 😢

I was fairly near the front for U2 and I thought the set was great - abeit just a big screen, but the sound/ visuals are one of the more memorable sets

the other couple of times that sticks out in my memory for being great - although i was fairly drunk for both, was radiohead and flaming lips in 2003

Edited by bob323
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Not on the farm did not have his full set up but Max Coopers tour this year has been stunning best visuals I've ever seen at a gig.

The set he did at the gas tower in 2019 is the best sensory visual experience I've ever had at Glastonbury. Absolutely phenomenal. 

• Like 1

Beyoncé 2011. That production was just awesome and more or less designed specifically for the Pyramid Stage (I think she played one other set with it.. T in the Park perhaps?).

13 years on it hasn't really aged. Still looks great.

• Upvote 1

i would say Jah Shaka in London Underground.

although to be fair i dont think it was specific to Shaka's show, it was just the set up in there.

they had these laser beams that would go up and down in a grid, felt like being in the matrix or something - actually it was just like that bit in the resident evil movie when the lasers go along the hallway and chop people up.

anyways, pretty basic i guess, but it was freaking awesome and its something that's always stuck with me for just how cool it was.

10 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

The set he did at the gas tower in 2019 is the best sensory visual experience I've ever had at Glastonbury. Absolutely phenomenal. 

Sadly I was not aware of him in 2019. 

I can definitely see the gas tower being a great venue for him with all the screens

1 hour ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Sadly I was not aware of him in 2019. 

I can definitely see the gas tower being a great venue for him with all the screens

I was at the gas tower. The tour visuals were another level with the screen infront

11 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

I was at the gas tower. The tour visuals were another level with the screen infront

It was so good. Not sure how complicated it is to set up. The screen in front that is but I guess to bring it to Glastonbury  would be tricky I'm guessing. 

Flaming Lips at the Park in 2017 - i saw them at the Other in 2010 and that was good (i mean theyre always good, i've seen them somewhere north of 12 times now i believe) but the park was just a wonderful combination of weather, stage, sound, setlist, crowd, visuals, the whole shebang. I think because there's a huge crossover in appeal between Radiohead and the Flaming Lips, people had to actively choose to be at the park, and that feeling of dedication definitely helped. The unicorn, the giant gongs, the screens behind them, that was a particularly good time of the Lips live experience i think. I should look it out on youtube one of these evenings! 

• Upvote 1