Site changes for 2024 …

Crazyfool01

On 2/17/2024 at 5:39 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Isn't the opening display on the Wednesday pretty minimal compared to the pyro on El Pointo during a headline performance?

From memory both look fairly similar in terms of quantity of pyro just fired in different ways.  The Wed night is longer but with low intensity while the headliners are the opposite.   

13 minutes ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

Genosys is coming back 

Whoop. 

In it's original format? 

Must say I'll be pleasantly surprised if they've rebuilt the same setup and not used the budget for something new. 

10 minutes ago, turkey twizzler said:

I'll be really happy if so. You sure of this? If so, how?

The bus just hasn't been cutting it.

I actually like the bus - if it wasn't a substandard replacement service for Genosys and was just another stage somewhere else I'd have no issue with it.  Especially when in yellow searchlight mode on Monday morning sunrise 🙂 

On 2/21/2024 at 4:55 PM, stuie said:

Whoop. 

In it's original format? 

Must say I'll be pleasantly surprised if they've rebuilt the same setup and not used the budget for something new. 

I actually like the bus - if it wasn't a substandard replacement service for Genosys and was just another stage somewhere else I'd have no issue with it.  Especially when in yellow searchlight mode on Monday morning sunrise 🙂 

agreed that if the bus was something else by itself it would actually be great - but as a Genosys replacement is just rubbish. 

the idea of it being there as some sort of tribute to the old spiral tribe days was a joke - paying tribute to free parties at an event that cost £400 to get into seems like an actual piss take rather than a tribute.

that said - if the bus was tucked away in a corner somewhere banging out acid techno 24/7 i'd be well up for that.

23 minutes ago, stuie said:

Based on?  Inside information?  Prediction? 

Bit of info. I was told what the intention is but asked not to share that. "Something going wrong" is just from previous history 😄

• Like 1

Forgot this thread existed... anyone got a roundup of all the rumoured updates across the site? I'm an explorer so this makes me more excited than the headliners to be honest... doesn't seem to be any groundbreaking new concepts this year though...? 

1 hour ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Forgot this thread existed... anyone got a roundup of all the rumoured updates across the site? I'm an explorer so this makes me more excited than the headliners to be honest... doesn't seem to be any groundbreaking new concepts this year though...? 

I don’t think we know a huge amount yet but a few bits:

Arcadia is expected to continue its evolution to its 4th incarnation at Glastonbury. Afterburner - Spider - Pangea - ??? 

The mighty Genosys returns to Block 9 after going mouldy during Covid lockdowns and two festivals being replaced by a yellow bus! 

The Rabbit Hole is no more. Poor old rabbit has disappeared and the area is under development! 

3 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

1 hour ago, stuie said:

I don’t think we know a huge amount yet but a few bits:

Arcadia is expected to continue its evolution to its 4th incarnation at Glastonbury. Afterburner - Spider - Pangea - ??? 

The mighty Genosys returns to Block 9 after going mouldy during Covid lockdowns and two festivals being replaced by a yellow bus! 

The Rabbit Hole is no more. Poor old rabbit has disappeared and the area is under development! 

Yup this is all we know pretty much. 

Arcadia probably getting their helicopter. 

Rabbit hole replaced by some sort of LGBT venue. 

Oh the assumption there's usually about 2 big changes each year that might be it or there could be something else. 

Top of most people's shortlist for areas to be refreshed with new stages are probably Unfairground and Shangri-la. 

Which would be quite a lot of change in one year alongside tech upgrades for the stages etc. 

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Word on the streets of Pilton says there will be no Avalon cafe this year. 🥷

Shame, used to love the cafe in its spot just close to the Avalon tent. Great place to go on the Wednesday and Thursday. Nice breakfast eggs as well! Wasn’t it run by the flying machine locals? 

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Shame, used to love the cafe in its spot just close to the Avalon tent. Great place to go on the Wednesday and Thursday. Nice breakfast eggs as well! Wasn’t it run by the flying machine locals? 

Has been in the past.

12 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Word on the streets of Pilton says there will be no Avalon cafe this year. 🥷

Shame, I had a proper head rescuing coffee from there on the Thursday morning. 

8 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Neither will be there. Space is being given over to the queueing system for SE corner which will run 24/7 this year.

Noooooooooooo!

I can live without the Avalon Cafe, but the Avalon Stage too? And the SE corner never looks as good in daytime anyway.