2024 Ticket Buying Tips

parsonjack

Congrats to the lucky ones.  Commiserations to those who missed out.

Six out of our twelve got tickets.

Two people in the remaining group will need camper van tickets if they get lucky in the resale.  

When I got resale tickets a few years back I had to buy a campervan ticket off someone who no longer needed his, which was slightly dodgy.  Is there a legit way of getting campervan tickets post-resale?

Well that was stressful. 2 of us hammering refresh on 4 laptops, 2 iPad and 3 iPhones. Finally got in on a iPad at 9.50 something, booking confirmed at 9.57 and sold out tweet at 9.58!! Commiserations to those unsuccessful, but never give up. We’ve turned to Oxfam volunteering etc. in years when we’ve been unsuccessful. I genuinely believe if you want to be there in some form, you can always be there. 

1 hour ago, prestonmanc said:

any number at the end seems to get you in the queue...

I wondered that, I tried 35000000, and 45000011 and just the plain seetickets.com, and none seemed to be any different this year. So they seemed to have changed things a little and knowing the link or not (or using a wrong one) give no advantage any more. Maybe someone more technically minded can come along and explain

I think being part of a massive group and increasing your odd's seems like the only way forwards.  Reading that the same person/people managed to get in multiple times seems to point towards some kind of sticky session coming into play which does smell a tad unfair to me if true. 

Not trying the resell as we have 6 in my family and leaving 2 behind is just not an option.  Last couple of sales for me have been different in some much as I didn't clear the holding page.  Normally I at least manage to get the first form before the fun starts.

Oh well, here's hoping for some better luck in 12 months I guess and well done to those that managed to bag the golden tickets. 🙂

This information may be useful for future reference:

We had two home laptops set up in our flat both with six different browsers refreshing about once a second.  My flatmate's laptop got through after five minutes with Opera (I think it has an inbuilt VPN).  My laptop didn't move from the holding page on any of the six browsers being refreshed once a second for 55 minutes until at the very last Firefox got through (no VPN).  Tickets were purchased at 9:57am, a minute before the sell out announcement. 

It was feeling like there was no chance I was getting through from the holding page and then it happened after 55 minutes and what must have been 20,000+ previous refreshes across all the browsers.

I also had a work laptop with three browsers refreshing every second and four browsers refreshing every 20 seconds over phones and tablets also on the case too and none of them got through.

I think this suggests that it's unlikely you can saturate requests from using multiple laptops / browsers even refreshing them all more or less at once (although no individual browser would have refreshed more often than once a second) across two different laptops on the same IP address.

It also suggests that you should keep persevering until the bitter end as it looked like there was no hope until all of a sudden there was.

36 minutes ago, Tinsel19 said:

This is at least the 10th example of this i've seen this year. They've seriously f**ked up.

We had one of those in our group; she posted an image of her registration confirmation email and what we were entering was definitely right but coming up as invalid..  Weird.

Edited by Pipine

Mate got ours, we had about 20 people trying and only he got to a booking page. Other group we know got bombed out with an unknown postcode, same issue as it seems others have had. He had checked it a few times before and was ok, it was him that got through so he knew something was up as even after trying retyping then copying and pasting from actual email confirmation of registration, still couldn’t get past. 

1 hour ago, devli said:

The problem is that this system massively favours big groups. 30 people trying for 30 people have 15 times as much chance as getting a ticket as 2 people trying for 2. 

Exactly why I would favour a lottery (and why most on here don't) 

It evens the playing field again since the inception of forum/Facebook/discord/Reddit etc. creating huge buying blocks making it near impossible for smaller groups 

1 minute ago, Badlands said:

Tell you what though, I'll never understand those who are on here at 9:05 complaining that they cannot get through. If you're not putting the graft in, dont be surprised if you dont come out with tickets on the other side.

100s of people bitching at See on Twitter at 9.05am. Not pressing F5 clearly if theyre tweeting. 

But its Seetickets/Glasto/Emilys fault.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Badlands said:

Tell you what though, I'll never understand those who are on here at 9:05 complaining that they cannot get through. If you're not putting the graft in, dont be surprised if you dont come out with tickets on the other side.

Exactly this! People on Twitter posting pics and videos of their failing attempts moaning about See Tickets instead of refreshing… idiots!