Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2024

northernringo

3 minutes ago, mnightjamalan said:

Is there a chance, and might also explain the delay in any announcement as if it ain't Madonna or Stevie Wonder, it's not worth an early announcement before first poster, that KOL are the big American artist, and the shoe-in now for Friday night?

No

4 hours ago, adequate8 said:

Sigrid not on the farm this year

Ah damn but thanks for confirming. Any news on Avril? 

3 hours ago, gfa said:

I don't think a churnups slot is a given by any means

Its clearly not something they can keep up consistently and they will be worried about doing it 2 years running as it sets an early precedent.

No way are KOL agreeing to it btw - they love the dosh i think

I agree. I’m not saying there will defo be a Churnups slot but if there is it’ll be Green Day, The Killers or KOL but agreed that KOL will only really care about the money so extremely unlikely however The Killers love the fest and I could see Green Day doing it as Billie Joe was on site in 2019 and Green Day are partial to a secret set. 

3 hours ago, Mcbatesman said:

Pearl jam 👀👀

Would love it but not a chance they do that 😂

19 hours ago, foolee said:

I don’t think it’s Tre or Mike and they don’t play Green Day songs. Fronted by Billie Joe though and play covers so would be wicked to see but not a Churnups slot unless it’s actually Green Day. Think the slot will be between Green Day, KOL and The Killers looking who is about. 

Could do something similar to Rick Astley and Blossoms this year however -  obviously not just focusing on one bands music but an hour or so of good anthems somewhere billed as a tbc.

Edited by Monty Pythagoras

15 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

IMG_2311.png

good lord alive, the state of his barnet. Perhaps he has a real thing for medieval haircuts! He should get a lute on his next record and go all out for that look and sound, and chew on a roasted pigeon breast as he does so 

17 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

good lord alive, the state of his barnet. Perhaps he has a real thing for medieval haircuts! He should get a lute on his next record and go all out for that look and sound, and chew on a roasted pigeon breast as he does so 

th-2727562416.jpg

• Upvote 1

Surely this locks in Kings of Leon for Glastonbury the way the dates have fallen for this tour....plus they hinted at it on their Instagram I think. Other Stage headliner? Would be a huge get for that but don't know whether they would accept it!? Would split the crowd versus a Dua Lipa.

image.thumb.png.67f26dd761588f429f9e9a9119a89157.png

47 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Actually- that poster is missing a date in Linz on the 27th.

I'd say that pelts the possibility with the pigeon sh*t of reality.

It's this date which is why I'm less sure of them being at this or not. Those UK shows are unquestionably GSH-shaped but while there's a few European dates announced for July, if there's a yet to be announced date for the 28th somewhere on the mainland, then that would rule them out.

Edited by charlierc

54 minutes ago, foolee said:

I would honestly take them as other stage headliner but don’t think they’d accept it. I’d probably go over Dua though. The Vaccines would be a nice addition, new album is class. 

Tbf Vaccines support, I can get behind and could persuade me to trot along to one of the shows. Even if, as I think I said elsewhere, I'd have been more enamoured if Hyde Park had somebody in the next step of the indie echelons like Franz Ferdinand.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Actually- that poster is missing a date in Linz on the 27th.

I'd say that pelts the possibility with the pigeon sh*t of reality.

Looks like they allow a little gap if crossing borders too? 

Hard to see they would risk compromising their Sunday show for an event likely in a slot they don't prefer and for a lesser fee? 

Edited by clarkete