Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2024

northernringo

2 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Are Glastonbury actually going to have to start paying more? I really know nothing about the monetary value behind these things...but somehow seems like there's more discruntled acts every year like its a major kind of fair wage/exploitation problem.

Is it really like Glasto are absolutely taking the piss...or is there more of an ego problem on the artists side?

The festival heavily relies on its fantastic reputation to keep costs down, if ever that’s diminished they’ll be in big trouble. 

2 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

The festival heavily relies on its fantastic reputation to keep costs down, if ever that’s diminished they’ll be in big trouble. 

Aye, it's built itself that way now - and to be honest, there are more than enough still happy to take the cut. It's definitely not in the position where it has to chase three headliners every year, like Download seems to.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

What do we reckon?

Hope so, although those dates don’t really give much away apart from her being free the weekend. Hopefully she’s announced for something else or even her own shows at the end of June to put her in the right place at the right time. Can imagine her live show is fun as hell.

Tramlines line up came out today.. a few things I’d probably see.. Holly Humberstone was great in Woodsies the other year..  not the most inspiring set of headliners tho.

IMG_8965.jpeg

Edited by Pipine
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Pipine said:

Tramlines line up came out today.. a few things I’d probably see.. Holly Humberstone was great in Woodsies the other year..  not the most inspiring set of headliners tho.

IMG_8965.jpeg

Just saw this too. I think Snow Patrol and Paolo Nutini are due a return to Glastonbury - would love to see either of them a few down on Pyramid or higher on Other. SP haven’t been back since they cancelled due to injury in 2019 and PN did a few small sets last time. Jamie T has headlined Woodsies more recently so doubt he will be there this year. 

23 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

Not sure if this has already been posted but Parklife came out today too.

Feel like I've seen these names all over the place on the same line-ups over the past few years: Sugababes, Eliza Rose, Four Tet, Skream, Hybrid Minds, Nia Archives, Camelphat, Barry Can't Swim and Folamour. Maybe that's perfect for Parklife because it's everyone under 25 wants to see but it is a bit weird.

@emily book Kaytranada you square.

I feel that Sunday headliner for Kendall may just be Snow Patrol and it wasn't updated by that time.

I think Keane and Reytons will play. I think Feeder, The K's, The Vaccines and The Kooks are likely options. I can see Softplay getting an early Other stage slot or similar slot to what Turnstile did in John Peel based on the superstruct crossover. Katy B and Johnny Marr plus James. Johnny I think will be Sunday....probably clashing with Shania Twain lol. Shania, Johnny Marr, Olivia, Coldplay would be a solid Sunday.

7 hours ago, northernangel said:

I feel that Sunday headliner for Kendall may just be Snow Patrol and it wasn't updated by that time.

I think Keane and Reytons will play. I think Feeder, The K's, The Vaccines and The Kooks are likely options. I can see Softplay getting an early Other stage slot or similar slot to what Turnstile did in John Peel based on the superstruct crossover. Katy B and Johnny Marr plus James. Johnny I think will be Sunday....probably clashing with Shania Twain lol. Shania, Johnny Marr, Olivia, Coldplay would be a solid Sunday.

Would be happy with all of the above! 

12 minutes ago, Drinky said:

Gary Neville B2B Tim Burgess, Stonebridge Bar 1am

Yeah I've got a feeling Neville is going to appear there, it's not like Neville is never at Glastonbury either. He's often mentioned about Charlatans, Happy Mondays and Inspirals before. He's a Stone Roses fan too but Manchester culture. 

22 minutes ago, Drinky said:

Gary Neville B2B Tim Burgess, Stonebridge Bar 1am

Yeah I've got a feeling Neville is going to appear there, it's not like Neville is never at Glastonbury either. He's often mentioned about Charlatans, Happy Mondays and Inspirals before. He's a Stone Roses fan too but Manchester culture. 

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Would be happy with all of the above! 

I think Biffy Clyro are to play too, that's my hunch. Not playing any other superstructure event, not that I expected your ynots or such like to get them anyway. Not  exclusive to Victorious and I don't believe will play APE. I don't think APE and Victorious have ever shared.

As annoying as it is, based on what we have been told, I think Sting, Pulp and Biffy Clyro is more likely right now with them two as their only festivals. Their longest gap, Glastonbury is exactly what Biffy Clyro need right now as well. Even as an option for Other I think The National would stop is being them too. They aren't similar but I feel Glastonbury would rather have a dance and female act alongside. They won't have only one female act with the top 9 acts.