All Points East 2024

stanh

Mitski is great. Not too keen on that undercard but if I'm in London that weekend, I might make an effort to get over. 

With that last announcement, what's the overall feeling about this year's event? Stronger/weaker than last year? 

Feels very much a case of trying to mint the next generation of headline acts in the case of Mitski, Loyle Carner, and Kaytranada. 

25 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Mitski is great. Not too keen on that undercard but if I'm in London that weekend, I might make an effort to get over. 

With that last announcement, what's the overall feeling about this year's event? Stronger/weaker than last year? 

Feels very much a case of trying to mint the next generation of headline acts in the case of Mitski, Loyle Carner, and Kaytranada. 

It's a shame about nothing on bank holiday Monday. Overall, its very dissapointing for me. I think the first weekend is really not to my taste at all. The second weekend is better but will be at Victorious, so first year I will be giving APE a miss.

For those in the NHS, I can see there being plenty of freebies on those sites but that could just be me not particulary liking the lineup and underestimating its appeal to others.

There are some decent shows on the list but Mitski clashes with PJ Harvey. It has become the mid-tier of summer concert series like BST and Somerset House. It is like booking a show at Apollo, but at a more inconvenient location.

Edited by emmanuel

1 hour ago, emmanuel said:

There are some decent shows on the list but Mitski clashes with PJ Harvey. It has become the mid-tier of summer concert series like BST and Somerset House. It is like booking a show at Apollo, but at a more inconvenient location.

I didn't clock that. Yeah, if I'm in London that weekend, I'll prob opt for PJ and Big Thief over Mitski, really. 

Taking my daughter and her friends to the mitski date. The 14-16 year old love the lineup. It's got a massive buzz at her school.

Mitski

Tv girl

Sir chloe

Arlo Parks

Beabadoobee

They see it as line up of the summer. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, thetime said:

Taking my daughter and her friends to the mitski date. The 14-16 year old love the lineup. It's got a massive buzz at her school.

Mitski

Tv girl

Sir chloe

Arlo Parks

Beabadoobee

Scratch that, just found out it's 16+

How strict are they? She will be 15. 

16 hours ago, thetime said:

Mitski

Tv girl

Sir chloe

Arlo Parks

Beabadoobee

Huh this is pretty cool - I have no experience of bringing a kid (or being 15!) to APE so I'm no help, but I hope they can make it work. What a great gig experience it would be at that age. 

15 hours ago, thetime said:

They haven't been strict with ID for field day which is 18+ when i've been

but hard to say obviously - you definitely run the risk

Pretty much all Festival lineups this year are crap, these ones included. Hopefully most of the good bands will be back next year.

Bands that should be back next year and in contention I'm thinking, Vampire Weekend, Wolf Alice, The xx, Mumford & Sons, Chappell Roan (if she continues to rise), Noah Kahan. 

37 minutes ago, Riggins said:

Pretty much all Festival lineups this year are crap, these ones included. Hopefully most of the good bands will be back next year.

Bands that should be back next year and in contention I'm thinking, Vampire Weekend, Wolf Alice, The xx, Mumford & Sons, Chappell Roan (if she continues to rise), Noah Kahan. 

reckon Noah Kahan is more of a BST level act now, let alone next year given his sales

19 hours ago, Riggins said:

Can’t wait for those good bands to be back in contention… 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Charles h said:

Is it wise to have Mitski headlining when she's doing 3 dates at hammersmith's just 3 months before? I'm expecting lots of competitions and NHS tickets this year. 

Mitski sold out GA and priority entry presale before I got through (10:04) and she's now sold out the VIP gardens allocation as well by 10:08) 

3 hours ago, Charles h said:

Is it wise to have Mitski headlining when she's doing 3 dates at hammersmith's just 3 months before? I'm expecting lots of competitions and NHS tickets this year. 

Those tickets are scarce, not even a smiff on resales or twickets.

7 hours ago, Charles h said:

Biggest grossing artist on Dead Oceans…

11 hours ago, Charles h said:

Entire European and UK tour is sold out. I'd say there's plenty of unmet demand. 

On 4/9/2024 at 6:37 PM, thetime said:

Don't take this as gospel on policies - but Mitski just posted on her Instagram that "all ages are welcome". 

So... Might be in luck. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Don't take this as gospel on policies - but Mitski just posted on her Instagram that "all ages are welcome". 

So... Might be in luck. 

Thanks for this, you've made her very happy indeed. 😄

Screenshot_20240412_173256_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1