West Holts 2024

CaledonianGonzo

Think I could be at WH a fair bit this year! That playlist is stacked for me, going to take some strong competition.

The supposed headliners are not really my cup of tea this year but I've got a feeling it's going to be a chocka undercard 😱 

I'm completely obsessed with Black Pumas now.  Both albums are solid throughout, but Colors and More Than a Love Song are both STONE. COLD. BANGERS.  I haven't been this excited about a newly discovered act in ages.  Loving it.

• Upvote 1

On 2/26/2024 at 5:58 PM, gherkin8r said:

Also.... Cymande - Dove is a f**kING VIBE

The playlist is a bit meh for me overall but Cymande and Justice would be must sees for sure. 

Edited by Breeze

Not seen this mentioned anywhere. Hopefully if the leaked line up is correct he'll still be ok to play but looks like he is having surgery in May so might not be recovered sufficiently. Either way hope he recuperates fully.

image.thumb.png.74941c4ed628050780d2c50c8c9e0298.png

On 2/28/2024 at 10:40 AM, ConMan said:

Not sure it's been mentioned in another thread (wouldn't even know where to start there's so many!), but England are most likely playing at 5pm on the Sunday of Glasto (unless they don't top their group) - is there a chance this will be shown anywhere?

Apparently, the last time England had a tournament game over Glasto, it was shown on the West Holts...

they have found a field and stuck screens in it sometimes. depends how long they have to think about it i think.

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Not seen this mentioned anywhere. Hopefully if the leaked line up is correct he'll still be ok to play but looks like he is having surgery in May so might not be recovered sufficiently. Either way hope he recuperates fully.

Christ. Poor Nitin. I hope he’s still there, if he’s well enough to be. If he’s still planning to tour next month, and G24 is right at the end of June… 🤞🫶

Edited by kalifire

5 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Yeah, was awful that. A speedy recovery to him. 

On 2/23/2024 at 2:53 PM, Little Thief said:

I heard from a mate in the industry that LCD are subbing the Pyramid. Not sure which day, but they said it’s PJ Harvey - LCD - Headliner. May well have changed by now though.

Just had this info reconfirmed, but with a day. Friday apparently.

• Upvote 1

On 2/28/2024 at 2:38 PM, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Think I could be at WH a fair bit this year! That playlist is stacked for me, going to take some strong competition.

The supposed headliners are not really my cup of tea this year but I've got a feeling it's going to be a chocka undercard 😱 

Who are you most excited for BLAM?

Sugababes would be a laugh but I've seen them twice now and feel like I've got my fill. Balming Tiger is a really cool discovery and someone I wasn't aware of before.

Danny Brown is going to kill it. What a mad booking he is.

19 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Who are you most excited for BLAM?

Sugababes would be a laugh but I've seen them twice now and feel like I've got my fill. Balming Tiger is a really cool discovery and someone I wasn't aware of before.

Danny Brown is going to kill it. What a mad booking he is.

Yeh Sugababes could tempt me actually! I did catch TLC in 2022 but not Sugababes. Sneaky feeling they're gonna be a clash though! I like Noname and Black Pumas are a good discovery

Full of big acts I've never been in the right place at the right time to catch before so would love to see Nia Archives, Justice and Jungle too.

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum

Just now, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Yeh Sugababes could tempt me actually! I did catch TLC in 2022 but not Sugababes. Sneaky feeling they're gonna be a clash though! Like Noname and Black Pumas look like a good discovery

Full of big acts I've never been in the right place at the right time to catch before so would love to see Nia Archives, Justice and Jungle too.

Give this a watch if you're on the fence - they're actually sick live and their vocals are incredible. 

Nia would be great but I can imagine she'll have a few sets over the weekend which I'm gonna catch, Justice killed it last time so I'm happy about them. Will check out Black Pumas now.

Went for a walk around the festival site on Tuesday with the rumoured west holts playlist to keep me company. Cymande, Balming Tiger and Noname my top three finds I wasn’t aware of before

2 hours ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Give this a watch if you're on the fence - they're actually sick live and their vocals are incredible. 

Nia would be great but I can imagine she'll have a few sets over the weekend which I'm gonna catch, Justice killed it last time so I'm happy about them. Will check out Black Pumas now.

Black Pumas are ace.

8 hours ago, Alex DeLarge said:

We must be watching two different videos. Their vocals (in that set, at least) are average, and wobble significantly whenever they get enthusiastic or want audience participation.

I'm sure they'll go down well, because it's hard not to, but like many nostalgic acts, it's the tracks that are doing the heavy lifting.

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

We must be watching two different videos. Their vocals (in that set, at least) are average, and wobble significantly whenever they get enthusiastic or want audience participation.

Great. Would love to hear someone you think has great live vocals? 

On 3/1/2024 at 9:19 AM, 4AssedMonkey said:

I'm completely obsessed with Black Pumas now.  Both albums are solid throughout, but Colors and More Than a Love Song are both STONE. COLD. BANGERS.  I haven't been this excited about a newly discovered act in ages.  Loving it.

Oooh these are nice. I'm having this.

4 hours ago, westholtschic said:

Never heard of her before. Had a listen. Will be there. Fantastic find thank you.

Same.  4 songs in and I'm sold.  ❤️