West Holts 2024

CaledonianGonzo

Let's all do a thread where we predict and / or suggest who could end up playing the best stage at the fest!

Been listening to Jalen Ngonda - he's out of the Daptones stable but I think he's actually based in the UK.  Debut album coming soon, and due to see him in Glasgow in the Autumn.

Definitely some Marvin Gaye vibes on this one

I can see Sampha getting a prominent slot now that he’s back. Probably subheadliner, but I wouldn’t be that surprised to see him getting the big gig either.

Also Justice returning to headline.

In terms of a hip hop headliner, Run the Jewels or Kano would be my best guesses. Nas would be a great booking too given that he’s had a bit of a resurgence in the past few years.

I'd love Denzel Curry, Paris Texas, NxWorries, Channel Tres, Steve Lacy, Sad Night Dynamite, JPEGMAFIA & Danny Brown  Sampha, Kano, Run the Jewels and/or Killer Mike, and Wesley Joseph. After going to Bluedot, they should do anything they can to get Grace Jones & I'd always take Roisin back.

21 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They lost a lot of pace, but I've been consistently impressed by everything that Jungle have been releasing recently.

Maybe not quite at headline level, but could smash a choice slot.

Tbf they're headlining APE this year, which would surely put them at WH headliner level when you compare the other acts headlining that. They're even being subbed by Erykah Badu who is often touted as a potential WH headliner by many here (including myself).

23 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They lost a lot of pace, but I've been consistently impressed by everything that Jungle have been releasing recently.

Maybe not quite at headline level, but could smash a choice slot.

They’re headlining APE this year. Granted, they seem like they’ve been drafted in last minute due to them not being able to get anybody else, but I think they’d definitely warrant a WH headline slot at this pont.

edit: yeah what they said ^^

Edited by FloorFiller

5 hours ago, LiamMcMillen said:

I'd love Denzel Curry, Paris Texas, NxWorries, Channel Tres, Steve Lacy, Sad Night Dynamite, JPEGMAFIA & Danny Brown  Sampha, Kano, Run the Jewels and/or Killer Mike, and Wesley Joseph. After going to Bluedot, they should do anything they can to get Grace Jones & I'd always take Roisin back.

Odd fact and may you know but guys from Sad Night Dynamite are from Pilton, well at least one if them, as it was only the one that mentioned it to me. They often play down there. But yes would be good to see somewhere

6 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Let's all do a thread where we predict and / or suggest who could end up playing the best stage at the fest!

Been listening to Jalen Ngonda - he's out of the Daptones stable but I think he's actually based in the UK.  Debut album coming soon, and due to see him in Glasgow in the Autumn.

Definitely some Marvin Gaye vibes on this one

Thanks, know someone who will be all over this