West Holts 2024

CaledonianGonzo

On 8/10/2023 at 4:59 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Let's all do a thread where we predict and / or suggest who could end up playing the best stage at the fest!

Been listening to Jalen Ngonda - he's out of the Daptones stable but I think he's actually based in the UK.  Debut album coming soon, and due to see him in Glasgow in the Autumn.

Definitely some Marvin Gaye vibes on this one

This is some good sh*t

On 8/10/2023 at 8:41 AM, Monty Pythagoras said:

Nu Genea with the live band

- may be one for the park but could see them having a nice early afternoon slot

Yes, would be all about this

22 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Forever wanting, but Theivery Corporation would be absolutely brilliant on that stage

They make so much sense, agreed, amazing live act too

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Maybe slightly too conventional pop for WH, but I don't see why they shouldn't have Alté / Afrobeats acts in their sights.

Wouldn't say she's too pop when you've had the likes of Mahalia, TLC and Lizzo play the stage in recent years.

Just checked, and Thievery Corporation have never played a UK show outside London. Would be a huge get - Nightmares On Wax last year felt like a good one to bag so hopefully they'll be able to go one further.

Also, if The Hu can play West Holts then so can Bob Vylan. That would be mega

1 hour ago, wro_lap said:

Also, if The Hu can play West Holts then so can Bob Vylan. That would be mega

I completely agree, but he is pretty much perfect for the Truth stage too (which is where he was last year, in 22) 

putting him second  to Run The Jewels is the stuff dream evenings are made of! 

On 8/15/2023 at 1:37 PM, balti-pie said:

I completely agree, but he is pretty much perfect for the Truth stage too (which is where he was last year, in 22) 

putting him second  to Run The Jewels is the stuff dream evenings are made of! 

Whack him on opposite the legend slot. He'll have something to say no doubt

On 8/15/2023 at 12:19 PM, wro_lap said:

Just checked, and Thievery Corporation have never played a UK show outside London

yes they have, i saw them at womad in wiltshire a few years ago.

1 minute ago, Neil said:

yes they have, i saw them at womad in wiltshire a few years ago.

just double checked that was 2018

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/bands.php?t=p&b=1876

also played the big chill in herefordshire  in 2008, and apparently glasto in 2002 according to the efests data(which i guess is screwed somehow).

On 8/10/2023 at 11:15 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

They lost a lot of pace, but I've been consistently impressed by everything that Jungle have been releasing recently.

Maybe not quite at headline level, but could smash a choice slot.

Headliner for me.... although i've not forgiven them for kicking Rudi Salmon into touch..

Edited by BlueDaze
because i is stoopit

11 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Fair enough, were they good live? Wonder what sort of slot they'd play on WH

i enjoyed them, west holts booker steve would have seen them too, cos he goes to womad.

(sometimes (but not often), acts from womad are on the next west holts line-up,  kanda bongo man this year. was possibly inspired by steve seeing bongo man last year at womad(i saw him too, was fabulous, and worthy of a west holts booking off the back of that womad performance).

21 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Erykah Badu would be the perfect headliner. 

dunno about perfect, a bit too downbeat, not 'party' enough. a great act for the bill, not necessarily headliner, but prolly headliner if booked.

On 8/18/2023 at 12:21 AM, wro_lap said:

Fair enough, were they good live? Wonder what sort of slot they'd play on WH

i remember i enjoyed them, can't remember if i thought they were good. - if they were booked for WH then i reckon they'd be headliner.

Where do people think Björk could fit on a glastonbury lineup if she played? She's touring and definitely playing a bit more of her old "hits". She played Coachella last year and hardly played any new songs. She may well be a name that ends up surpising us all when the lineup drops. Thinking she would suit headlining Park stage but is she still a bit too big for that? She's playing big arenas on her tour at the moment - could even be big enough to headline Other stage. Maybe West Holts?

Edited by Acid_Haze