Volunteering 2024

Chazwozza

Just now, deadponyclub said:

keeping everything crossed!

You trying for Oxfam tomorrow as a back up? I'm in two minds... I don't want want an Oxfam role. But would that be better than not being there? (I've basically discounted any possibility of a resale ticket even though that's what I'm desperate for) 

32 minutes ago, Talcroft said:

You trying for Oxfam tomorrow as a back up? I'm in two minds... I don't want want an Oxfam role. But would that be better than not being there? (I've basically discounted any possibility of a resale ticket even though that's what I'm desperate for) 

Yup that’s the plan!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pinhead said:

First year was Glasto 2005. I feel so old .. . 

That was my 1st year volunteering too. But had a few years off for various reasons. This year will be my 9th time

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Hopefully there will be a Crew Bar at Bearded this year. Last year it didn't last beyond Wed B4 it was abandoned. Made do with the Maui Waui crew bar instead but wondered if it was a cut that came with the new organisers....

I know someone who was involved in the crew bars there, and said they were really badly supported, so maybe wont be there this year

4 hours ago, Talcroft said:

Update to my pal today from Avalon. Ballot closed today. 

IMG-20240131-WA0007~2.jpg

Was the ballot a public thing? I registered my interest on the website (that's still live) but don't recall an option to enter a ballot

36 minutes ago, Mr. B said:

Can anyone kindly confirm which page we need to be refreshing? Thanks!

You need to be logged in here:

https://myfestivals.oxfam.org.uk/Account/Login

and refresh this page until the list of festivals appear:

IMG_0963.thumb.jpeg.fab0edc9ac2f5189ce2924d1709ee333.jpeg

Edited by stuie
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

The GFEL online stewarding portal goes live again today. Lots of excitement amongst my friends, who'll be back once more 

Not for another 10 hours though 😟

Aye... good luck all.  

One more point, Oxfam aren't always 100% on point with this - I would be trying from about 10:45 just in case it goes live early. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, stuie said:

Aye... good luck all.  

One more point, Oxfam aren't always 100% on point with this - I would be trying from about 10:45 just in case it goes live early. 

Thanks will make sure I'm on early! How long do you recommend trying for afterwards? I'm technically meant to be in a meeting at 11am but have said I'll be 10 minutes late 😅

Just now, thewomble said:

Thanks will make sure I'm on early! How long do you recommend trying for afterwards? I'm technically meant to be in a meeting at 11am but have said I'll be 10 minutes late 😅

Have had success 20mins after and four hours after in the last few years.

2 minutes ago, TheBoz said:

I thought it would be a 11:05 done and dusted job 😬

The system (quite rightly to avoid overbooking) may hold places which never complete.  Also, because of the way the payment system works, it's possible that people may accidentally book two spots (especially if they have multiple people trying for them).

These places tend to be dropped back onto the system pretty quickly as the office team resolves them during the morning.

• Thanks 1