Volunteering 2024

Chazwozza

1 hour ago, oakdown said:

Ooh yet to try those pizzas! Must have eaten one out of the Tow & Hitch every day though, they were crackin

1 hour ago, stuie said:

See also: Tow & Hitch for the banging pizzas! 

Agreed 👍 

4 hours ago, JayDiesel said:

In terms of someone (me) who is volunteering purely to be at Glastonbury, what is the worst case scenario for shifts? I went last year as a punter, and feel like I'd be content with working pretty much anytime as long as I had a mix of shifts - i.e., I wouldn't want to work 2-10 on all three proper days of the fest!

I'm firmly of the belief that there aren't bad shift patterns for Glastonbury with Oxfam. It just shifts when you can have your fun. E.g. If you're on Shift D then you miss Friday but can have a big Thursday night etc (and you also tend to finish early at on the Sunday instead of 10pm).

2 hours ago, oakdown said:

There are a few bars (Maceos at Bloc 9, Acoustic) that I know do paper wristbands that can make it easier to get in for the rest of the week, but they're still not a sure bet if it's busy. Having said that I've only ever been knocked back from Theatre & Circus and Park which are both locked down to their specific crews afaik.

What kind of wristbands do Recycling Crew get? I assume not an EPO since they're camped inside the fence.

I remember seeing the wristband guides the security had at a couple of the crew bars, it posted that areas and had hand written on it "all other crew bands, use your own discretion".

46 minutes ago, oakdown said:

I definitely felt the crawl helped my first few years, seeing as I was solo and didn't know where anything was. It got out of hand last year for sure though, which was unfortunate seeing as the cancelled crawl was fundraising for a very deserving cause.

51 minutes ago, Festival Sounds Podcast said:

I get it for the walk down to the pyramid for a photo. After that being on one big group is a hindrance.

There is plenty of opportunity to break up into smaller groups, for newbies to find an a friendly face to tag along with and head in every direction. Even in SE corner, Shangri La and Unfairground bars are great. No need to all head to Maceos all at once.

And if people are around on the Monday the last couple of years I normally organise an efests crew meet up on the Monday night at the Tow and Hitch. All welcome!

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, dondo said:

And if people are around on the Monday the last couple of years I normally organise an efests crew meet up on the Monday night at the Tow and Hitch. All welcome!

I"m up for that, shifts permitting

• Upvote 1

what a pleasure this thread is to read .... likeminded people helping each other .... for anyone new reading please jump in and ask your questions dont be shy theres an absolute wealth of experience here . for those that missed out on Oxfam today there will be other chances along with the resale so stick around this page usually is a good sign of when more places drop in 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

We were really lucky with our shifts last year.

We ticked that we were happy to work a late shift (i.e the Monday) and ended up with Thursday 1400-2200, Saturday 0600-1400 and Monday 0600-1400.

The early start was hard on the Saturday (especially as we were at Sticklinch) but went to bed after Kelis in the knowledge that we could go hard on Saturday night!

Tanked at Oxfam this morning. Got through to the payment page but it declined as it was sold out. I’ve applied for Wateraid, In the ballot for Avalon bar and on the reserves list for Bin painting❤️🤞🎨. Hopefully I’ll get lucky but feeling so deflated today 😭💔 

If anyone knows of any other creative volunteer opportunities let me know. Happy to paint anything for ticket 😂

53 minutes ago, BillieBobs said:

Tanked at Oxfam this morning. Got through to the payment page but it declined as it was sold out. I’ve applied for Wateraid, In the ballot for Avalon bar and on the reserves list for Bin painting❤️🤞🎨. Hopefully I’ll get lucky but feeling so deflated today 😭💔 

If anyone knows of any other creative volunteer opportunities let me know. Happy to paint anything for ticket 😂

Keep an eye out over the next few days as double bookings, and those who got through but their mates didn’t, re-appear.

you can keep checking back in general for cancellations. There are key points that have already been listed, but they can just appear at any time.

Don’t give up, there’s still a pretty good chance you’ll find a spot.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, amfy said:

Keep an eye out over the next few days as double bookings, and those who got through but their mates didn’t, re-appear.

you can keep checking back in general for cancellations. There are key points that have already been listed, but they can just appear at any time.

Don’t give up, there’s still a pretty good chance you’ll find a spot.

Thank you so much. I’ll be sure to keep checking. I’m lucky to have a flexible job so I can make time to sit and refresh at regular intervals 😆 Feeling more hopeful now so thank you for cheering me up! 😊

8 minutes ago, tarw said:

I think it’s above the farmhouse by where VG1 is on the map. @Jay Pee can probably give you a definitive answer 

Sorry, did not have my specs on for first comment. Yes tarw it is pretty much next to VG1 which we used for packing up Wateraid camp after festival. It's a couple of minute walk from Wateraid campsite to VG1.

Nearest regular entrance is Ped Gate B

Edited by Jay Pee
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BillieBobs said:

Thank you so much. I’ll be sure to keep checking. I’m lucky to have a flexible job so I can make time to sit and refresh at regular intervals 😆 Feeling more hopeful now so thank you for cheering me up! 😊

Just after the ticket resale, just before the cancellation deadline, & especially in the last few weeks before the festival when unexpected issues arise that prevent people from going. People have got places up to a few days before the festival - but as I say, keep a general eye out. Don’t lose hope! 

6 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

We were really lucky with our shifts last year.

We ticked that we were happy to work a late shift (i.e the Monday) and ended up with Thursday 1400-2200, Saturday 0600-1400 and Monday 0600-1400.

The early start was hard on the Saturday (especially as we were at Sticklinch) but went to bed after Kelis in the knowledge that we could go hard on Saturday night!

Have had similar, but with a night on the Thursday instead of the late. Great set of shifts, got to see all headliners of choice. Boy, was that early on the Monday difficult though🤣

• Upvote 1