Could be a coincidence but I'm listening to the radio at work and it's already the 3rd Beatles/McCartney song they put on Nostalgie this morning... It's not a Flemish radio partner of Werchter like StuBru but who knows... or I just have too much imaginaiton right now.

8 minutes ago, Archi said:

Could be a coincidence but I'm listening to the radio at work and it's already the 3rd Beatles/McCartney song they put on Nostalgie this morning... It's not a Flemish radio partner of Werchter like StuBru but who knows... or I just have too much imaginaiton right now.

Gearing up for the debut of the "new" Beatles song this afternoon I'd imagine: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-67285117, although obviously you can't rule him out 100% for RW (and certainly not TW Classic)

22 minutes ago, polnico said:

No Belgian dates for Green Day, but it looks like the EU/UK tour ends of 29th of June, which would mean no Werchter. Disappointed with this one, would have been a nice first headliner. My optimistic side says to not rule them out yet, but looking unlikely.

As Green Day is my favourite band ever and Foo Fighters / Pearl Jam are in top ten, I really would like to keep some optimism about Rock Werchter.

UPD: There's also sweet Nova Rock-sized gap in Green Day's schedule, tomorrow we'll see if there are some festivals which announce it separately.

Edited by Mondo-kun

5 hours ago, Archi said:

That would truly make my day if Macca shows up. Here's hoping! 

11 minutes ago, SweetJesus said:

I think we miss @Ken19 a lot. He really knows who will be on Werchter/Graspop, while jimmywe is…meh. He said few times that announcement is coming and guess what…still nothing.

The only person we've had who REALLY knew what was going on was @Jazebel a few years ago. Manifesting...

Edited by ThijsDB
  • Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, SweetJesus said:

I think we miss @Ken19 a lot. He really knows who will be on Werchter/Graspop, while jimmywe is…meh. He said few times that announcement is coming and guess what…still nothing.

Jimmy did say already that his posts are a mix of things he heard from reliable sources + estimated guesses.

He's given enough info to be considered credible, but you shouldn't take everything he says as 100% fact.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, maesydderwen said:

At the end of their Instagram post they have written that they are headlining a bunch of festivals in Europe over the summer. 

Already announced:

O Son Do Camino, Rock Im Park, Rock Am Ring, Greenfield, Nova Rock (tomorrow), iDays, Isle Of Wight.

Edited by SweetJesus

7 minutes ago, The Black said:

I don't know who I need to strangle if RW confirms Dua Lipa when they could have booked Green Day.

Dua Lipa is not the kind of headliner RW would normally book and it will be a huge surprise if they do. I don't understand why everyone keeps suggesting that...

Edited by Floyd_Ams
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Floyd_Ams said:

Dua Lipa is not the kind of headliner RW would normally book and it will be a huge surprise if they do. I don't understand why everyone keeps suggesting that...

Different from what they used to book. But Werchter like many other festivals really need some changes, some fresh names. I'd love to have Dua Lipa headlining RW honestly!

2 hours ago, P.bintein said:

New prediction

Boutique : Ed Sheeran

TW : Paul McCartney 

RW: Maneskin/Dua Lipa, Bruno Mars, The Cure, Foo Fighters. 

If Maneskin even comes remotely close to headlining anything of this size, then music is dead and I'll stay home to hug my pillow...

• Upvote 4