2024 Stage Predictions

On 2/13/2024 at 1:04 PM, wro_lap said:

Given this another go. Can't remember whether we had a day on the info for Stevie/Coldplay. It's pretty much all based around artists who are at least vaguely touring around Glastonbury. Paolo probably isn't sub size, more 3rd down, but with Doja and Olivia likely out (probably waiting to headline in the next couple of years) I wasn't sure which sub size acts were touring so thought we may see a Royal Blood style bump up.

Some placings may be off but I hope people have some fun with it!

Fri: Bombay Bicycle Club -> Picture Parlour -> Sorry -> Rita Ora -> TBA (Catfish & The Bottlemen) -> Sister Sledge/Bleachers -> 21 Savage -> Sampha -> SZA

Sat: Newdad -> The Snuts -> Georgia -> Sigrid/Holly Humberstone -> Omar Apollo/Anne-Marie -> Troye Sivan/Ice Spice -> Pulp -> Dua Lipa/Jungle

Sun: Coach Party/Prima Queen -> Remi Wolf -> MIKA -> Olivia Dean/TBA (Liam Gallagher & John Squire) -> Shania Twain -> Coldplay/Justice

16 hours ago, stanh said:

Fri: Bombay Bicycle Club -> Picture Parlour -> Sorry -> Rita Ora -> TBA (Catfish & The Bottlemen) -> Sister Sledge/Bleachers -> 21 Savage -> Sampha -> SZA

Sat: Newdad -> The Snuts -> Georgia -> Sigrid/Holly Humberstone -> Omar Apollo/Anne-Marie -> Troye Sivan/Ice Spice -> Pulp -> Dua Lipa/Jungle

Sun: Coach Party/Prima Queen -> Remi Wolf -> MIKA -> Olivia Dean/TBA (Liam Gallagher & John Squire) -> Shania Twain -> Coldplay/Justice

Whats this weird thing with putting Bombay Bicycle Club first act?? Have I missed something somewhere were they have said thats the only slot they can play??  

15 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Love the idea of a girl power day on the Pyramid!! Although you know who's missing if they do that... 🤣

When we all still thought Madge was a sure thing I thought about that for the Sunday.

Madonna

Olivia Rodrigo 

Stevie Nicks

Shania Twain

Avril Lavigne

Jessie Ware

The Last Dinner Party

Sugababes

Gabrielle

Would be somewhat spoiled now with a dude billed above them.

1 hour ago, Havors said:

Whats this weird thing with putting Bombay Bicycle Club first act?? Have I missed something somewhere were they have said thats the only slot they can play??  

Friday Other opener is usually an indie band who once were big (the sort of size to headline festivals like Truck/Y Not etc) but are slightly on the way down and now not quite that size, if that makes sense. Bombay have self confirmed and that feels like the prefect slot for them

43 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Friday Other opener is usually an indie band who once were big (the sort of size to headline festivals like Truck/Y Not etc) but are slightly on the way down and now not quite that size, if that makes sense. Bombay have self confirmed and that feels like the prefect slot for them

Im not sure I agree they don’t have enough sing along songs/were not that big in a commercial/radio play sense in comparison to other bands that played that slot, I think they are far more likely to be in a slot like the manics were last year. 

not been keeping up but if the happy Mondays are still down to play I’d see them as far more likely 

although saying all that, last year they went for Ben Howard which doesn’t really fit either model (and was very dull in my opinion whilst being strangely packed - which probably means I’m in the minority)

33 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Sorry I think that's bonkers personally. Recent festival appearances and brand new album out beg to differ.... no idea where this on the way down idea comes from. 

They have had headline slots at Boardmasters, Latitude, Ynot etc in the last couple of years. 

14 minutes ago, Havors said:

Sorry I think that's bonkers personally. Recent festival appearances and brand new album out beg to differ.... no idea where this on the way down idea comes from. 

They have had headline slots at Boardmasters, Latitude, Ynot etc in the last couple of years. 

Yeah I don't see it either. I put them as Park headliner on my prediction. Think it's either that or 3rd/4th down Other stage.

Yeah BBC are still releasing great albums and headlining small/mid sized festivals I put them as a good slot on Other or potentially Woodsies headliner.

That said Vaccines have done it before and they are similar-ish.  I can't remember if they were a stand in for Charlatans or something.

Edited by glimmers_of_hope

11 hours ago, Havors said:

They headlined the second stage at Boardmasters, and the Thursday of Y Not. They're subbing at Tramlines this year and played as a "special guest" at Victorious. We'll see, I suppose, this is merely speculation. Wherever they play it's a win-win situation as they're great and I really like the new album