Legends Slot 2024

FuzzyDunlop

There are quite a few acts that would be ‘suitable’ and still around, though some more likely than others:

Cher 

Mariah Carey 

Spice Girls 

Duran Duran 

Shania Twain

Barry Manilow

Robbie Williams 

Stevie Nicks 

Chaka Khan 

Celine Dion 

Billy Joel

James Taylor 

Don Henley / Eagles

Grace Jones

Roxy Music 

Annie Lennox / Eurythmics 

Carole King (does she still play live?) 

That’s without going into the ones that could play again: Rod Stewart, Tom Jones, Stevie Wonder, Dolly Parton, Nile Rodgers, etc. 

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

6 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Its pretty ridiculous that somebody who  is in the elton category of having a  deep enough catalog for legends and also big enough to headline has to beg the festival to book them and they dont do it.

Robbie isn’t a glasto headliner. 

7 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Its pretty ridiculous that somebody who  is in the elton category of having a  deep enough catalog for legends and also big enough to headline has to beg the festival to book them and they dont do it.

In regard to Grace Jones, her show would be really weird in the broad daylight. So legends is kind of out of the question. But as noted she wants her bucks and you cant blame her.

also funny that theres artists now telling the festival outright they would do it cause now they see it as being the 4th headliner. But watch its another double bill next year cause something fell through or whatever.

What do you mean ‘haven’t done it’? They already had a Legend booked for this year before he said he wanted to do it.

The festival should do whatever it takes to get Kate Bush to "appear". I don't care if it is a truncated 30 mins, not on the Beeb, broadcast in from remote location or even that she might appear behind a gauze screen.

She needs to have her moment on the Pyramid.

The loss of George Michael felt on Sunday really crystalised the sentiment for me. Bend over backwards for her to perform.

Do it.

Get Kate Bush done.

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

The festival should do whatever it takes to get Kate Bush to "appear". I don't care if it is a truncated 30 mins, not on the Beeb, broadcast in from remote location or even that she might appear behind a gauze screen.

The loss of George Michael felt on Sunday really crystalised the sentiment for me. Bend over backwards for her to perform.

Do it.

Get Kate Bush done.

Emily did list her recently as one of her dream bookings. I wonder if that's an indication that some sort of conversation has been had.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Probably. Like

Emily: Name your terms and we can make it happen.

Kate Bush: Thanks but no thanks.

Probably. Would be a bit odd to publicly say she'd be a dream booking if they knew there was absolutely 0 chance, though.

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

Do it.

Get Kate Bush done.

Hard hard hard agree.  It would be an amazing moment.

Quite a lot of those suggested either don't play live any more, or don't play festivals or only play when it's sufficiently lucrative. 

I mean it's great that people would love to see them, however much it ain't gonna happen. 

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

Quite a lot of those suggested either don't play live any more, or don't play festivals or only play when it's sufficiently lucrative. 

I mean it's great that people would love to see them, however much it ain't gonna happen. 

Theyve moved mountains to get people to play before. Long history of this in fact.

5 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Do it.

Get Kate Bush done.

They had their chance 10 years ago when she even did the residency. Who says there wasnt an attempt and she said no.

28 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Because......

One, his time for being a relevant headliner has been and gone. If you look at his discography no-one's really going to know any of his songs since 2003. Stuff's generally sunk without trace, and his position at or near the top of the cultural tree has slipped massively.

Two, when he was relevant as big as was he didn't have the cultural impact or massive influence on what came after in the way that heritage headliners with limited recent output like GnR, The Cure or Elton John. 

Three, and recognising this is entirely subjective, I don't want him there.  The though of Party Like A Russian being played as part of a Pyramid headline set is making my brain bleed.

Legend slot I'd have no argument with, although it's unlikely I'd be there because he makes my teeth itch. But no way do I see him as a headliner.

• Upvote 2

We must be heading into the 80s with 'legends' some time soon, so wonder if the likes of Human League, OMD, Tears for Fears, Duran Duran, Soft Cell, Frankie goes to Hollywood, ABC, etc might be in with a shout some time soon. Most are still performing live frequently, sometimes in retro festivals and still sound really good, would go down a treat (OMD especially).