Best / Worst Food

FuzzyDunlop

9 hours ago, eatingglitter said:

Worsr was the jerk place next door. It smelt amazing but my husbands goat curry was watery and bland and my chicken had no flavour at all. There wasn’t even a dash of spice at all. And the salad was bitter. 😞

Disappointed here too - the grill and smoke flavour on the chicken was good but where was the spice?! I had rice and peas with jerk gravy on it but I was searching for that scotch bonnet kick 🫤

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, cheesey_toastie said:

Best: Leons Lebanese Veggie platter (Saturdays only apparently). £15 but everything was amazing. I might go as far as saying it's the best veggie thing I've had eating out in years. 

Worst: A falafel wrap from that cafe in the camping behind woodsies but to be fair even that was serviceable. 

Special shout out to the £6 pasty, chips and beans deal. That provided a few quick meals.

Leon platter on Saturday was the best thing I had too. Walked from there to WH with it, and it looked so good that I was stopped by 3 people asking where it was from! Mackerel Goan dhal at WH was also delicious.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, wro_lap said:

Anyone else notice that ironically the cheaper food was better than the expensive stuff on the whole? I'm not sure if it's psychological, that you feel you've got value for money... But the £6 dirty fries near WH and hotdogs near the T&C have my heart

Agreed, I like to shop around for a good deal and these were it - £6 hotdog and £6 beans and chips.

Both of which would leave you full and I actually couldn't finish the chips on my own! 

Best: mushroom kebab at West Holts and Indonesian coconut curry by BBC intro.

Worst: bland, tepid vegan chilli from the run between woodsies and san remo. Also, the woman at crumble shack gave me ice cream when I'd asked for custard 😟

i had loads of tofu Poke bowls from that place opposite car henge - which i greatly enjoyed.

mac n cheese from that place in acoustic field, also nice.

egg roll for breakfast and then a cake from the bakery near acoustic field entrance - very nice.

actually i wasnt very adventurous foodwise this year - i didnt have anything i didnt like tho.

11 hours ago, fat_man_joe said:

Worst:

• Chicken tenders from some pretty vacant chicken place I think on the stretch between the pyramid and theatre/circus fields.
  • Thai green curry from a similar area.

I think I had the same thai curry - went in the bin after one mouthful.

Easily the best was the taste of tibet curry from the top of WH field.

17 hours ago, Sasperella2 said:

Damnit! My friend took a picture of this stall and when he was walking past and we forgot to go back. Had Yassa for the first time a few months ago and its deeelicious! 

ive  found a recipe and I am making it this weekend!! ha ha

50 minutes ago, gorfield said:

Another place I thought was great was the Croissant neuf café.. we spend a good hour in there in Thursday eating a massive  meal with loads of fresh salad on CROCKERY!!! really nice food and vibe and only a pound for a juice.

My friend said that place was great and I intended to try it but never ended up around there when hungry unfortunately

Best were probably:

- Spicy calamari and chips (I think it must have been near cabaret as that’s where I ended up eating it… amazed how you all remember where you got your food from as most details are pretty hazy for me 😳).

- Really simple humous with pitta and salad from veggie cafe in Croissant Neuf (not the one with proper crockery, the other one!) - it was exactly what I needed at that moment and was delicious.

- Goats cheese pizza from T&C (I think opposite Astrolabe perhaps 🤷‍♀️) - wasn’t hoping for much as usually festival pizza is mediocre at best, but it was actually lovely and didn’t have to wait long for it at all

Worst:

- Amazed to see so many raving about the dosa place by car henge.  I had a paneer dosa with onion bhaji - the dosa was incredibly bland and the bhaji was burnt.

- This one was my own fault and knew it would be crap when I ordered but was in a hurry so looked for the shortest queue by the Other stage. A really revolting sausage bap which was 97% fat and gristle. What a waste of a meal opportunity 😩

- Crepe from the top of the hill at Pyramid whilst waiting for Elton - all the other stalls up there were out of food and we didn’t want to chance venturing further afield and carrying food for five all through the crowd! Took the best part of an hour to get it, they told us what we initially ordered wasn’t available (but then saw them making the same thing up for others) and my “mozzarella, tomato and pesto” crepe was actually “cheddar, tomato, and such a tiny drop of pesto I couldn’t actually taste it.

I didn't have a bad meal, helped by previous recommendations on here and some tried and tested favourites from the farm and other festivals.

Highlights were the kebabs from Fusion Fire & Spice next to Brother's Bar at West Holts which are always top drawer; Bunnyman's Bunnychow hot chilli opposite the Taphouse on the way from Leftfield to West Holts; £6 breakfast brioche from Eat The Farm next to the cashpoints on the same run; and Paletas Mexican Ice Lollies on the left hand side as you enter West Holts.

Free curry from Hare Krishna at the top of Pennards was nicer than I expected and a lovely atmosphere in the shade on a hot Thursday. Not all that dissimilar to the curry (plus momo) I had from Taste Tibet near Paletas. That was decent but not as tasty as the curries I've had previously from Tibetan Kitchen or Indonesian Coconut Curries.

Banana Milkshake from Fruit Cup on way from Williams Green to West Holts; and Mango Lassi from Groovy Smoothies on way from BBC Introducing to Other were both lovely with my added Chairman's Reserve spiced rum.

Cherry crumble with roasted nuts and custard from Crumbleshack between Bread & Roses and Leftfield hit the spot. My teenagers enjoyed a great baked cheesecake and chocolate fudge cake from Just Desserts opposite the Pharmacy on the way from Bread & Roses to Circus but I limited myself to a bite of each.

I got home and found that I'd somehow lost a kilo in weight from before the festival.

IMG_20230621_134030.jpg

I had my best food ever at Glastonbury! Including ...

- Twice at the cafe next to Croissant Neuf
- Masala dosa at Carhenge
- Mac n cheese at Acoustic
- Spicy chicken and rice at West Holts
- Burrito in Cabaret field
- a Duck wrap
- 2 different pad thais

Worst was some momos I got which were like bricks. Between Other and Silver Hayes maybe? They weren't bad, but not as amazing as momos can be.

Edited by Little Andy

2 hours ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

I got home and found that I'd somehow lost a kilo in weight from before the festival.

IMG_20230621_134030.jpg

I think I found it. For the first time ever I put on 2.8lb's over the festival. I think it was going from eating very healthily to surviving on basically bread, potato and cheese for a week.

42 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I think I found it. For the first time ever I put on 2.8lb's over the festival. I think it was going from eating very healthily to surviving on basically bread, potato and cheese for a week.

A perfect Glastonbury diet - not too much fibre or roughage

I had some lovely food from No Bones Jones, and there was a lovely family run Jerk Place nearby the same area - had curried goat and the meat was so tender..

Worst was from a BBQ / Chicken place - cant quite remember where exactly but it was fairly near a green double decker breakfast bus. I was actually outraged - a tepid chicken breast that had been done in a pan, chunky chips and a traders BBQ sauce that you had to add on yourself - alongside "salad" which was just watery coleslaw.  I am still bitter.

Another vote for the Bayou, West Holtd

Another vote for the chicken Yassa, Senegalese stand on drag from cider bus to meeting point 

Also had a really good, juicy burger but can't remember name of stand - Rad  Burgers, maybe?? 

Edited by airwaves
Correction

All the food was nice although got called a 'tight sod' for having the £6 meal deal from the hot dog stand between the pyramid stage and left field. 

It was £6 for a chip cob and a can of pop which was great value, maybe he regretted offering it or was having a bad day....

Best sweet thing I had..

Waffles from the strip between Pyramid & San Remo.

Shame the woman serving was horrible. Not to me mind you, but to the lady in behind me with 3 kids. She was Pretty nasty to her about "where you need to stand". 

The waffles, strawberries, choc sauce & ice cream were absolutely top though. 

5 hours ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

I didn't have a bad meal, helped by previous recommendations on here and some tried and tested favourites from the farm and other festivals.

Highlights were the kebabs from Fusion Fire & Spice next to Brother's Bar at West Holts which are always top drawer; Bunnyman's Bunnychow hot chilli opposite the Taphouse on the way from Leftfield to West Holts; £6 breakfast brioche from Eat The Farm next to the cashpoints on the same run; and Paletas Mexican Ice Lollies on the left hand side as you enter West Holts.

Free curry from Hare Krishna at the top of Pennards was nicer than I expected and a lovely atmosphere in the shade on a hot Thursday. Not all that dissimilar to the curry (plus momo) I had from Taste Tibet near Paletas. That was decent but not as tasty as the curries I've had previously from Tibetan Kitchen or Indonesian Coconut Curries.

Banana Milkshake from Fruit Cup on way from Williams Green to West Holts; and Mango Lassi from Groovy Smoothies on way from BBC Introducing to Other were both lovely with my added Chairman's Reserve spiced rum.

Cherry crumble with roasted nuts and custard from Crumbleshack between Bread & Roses and Leftfield hit the spot. My teenagers enjoyed a great baked cheesecake and chocolate fudge cake from Just Desserts opposite the Pharmacy on the way from Bread & Roses to Circus but I limited myself to a bite of each.

IMG_20230621_134030.jpg

Open Sesame are the dog's danglies, local too and my go to at EOTR, they are so, so good.