Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

12 minutes ago, brosch said:

Auditori is ways too small. I saw her ages ago at a festival in front of a 10k crowd - it works (very, very well). So excited to see her again 21 years later

hey man, what did she play? Was it all solo stuff or was there some Portishead in there? 

21 minutes ago, Valbork said:

My musical dreams are in tatters as is my 10 year relationship with Primavera Sound after that awful line up reveal of an awful line up. Yes, awful. OK we can all feel disappointed if the names we wanted are not there, but my issue with this line up is its incredible lack of variety and imagination. There are some interesting things here but there is also a lot of very generation specific mediocrity. Nearly all of those larger font names are well past their sell by date, but more importantly where is the stuff that will keep young people interested in the brand and therefore keep it sustainable? Where is the good reggaeton/trap/Latin stuff? Where is the good pop stuff? Where is the Afrobeats? the K Pop? the J Pop? Where is the unexpected legend? or even the unexpected wrong fit curveball? I'm sorry but I just find this line up so monotone, unadventurous and so unPrimavera.

Saying that the lineup is awful is a bit of an exaggeration and at least there is nothing on the level of Calvin Harris or Maneskin this year, but I do see where you are coming from, it's definitely lacking a bit as there no interesting Japanese/Korean, Latin etc. artists, it would have been nice to have some more unexpected names.. It's still a solid lineup for me, even if not amazing by Primavera standards. Curious to see the ciutat names, there might be some good additions there

6 minutes ago, kitkat129 said:

Saying that the lineup is awful is a bit of an exaggeration and at least there is nothing on the level of Calvin Harris or Maneskin this year, but I do see where you are coming from, it's definitely lacking a bit as there no interesting Japanese/Korean, Latin etc. artists, it would have been nice to have some more unexpected names.. It's still a solid lineup for me, even if not amazing by Primavera standards. Curious to see the ciutat names, there might be some good additions there

You already know there are no Japanese/Korean names? I'm still just on the surface and I actually count on discovering some J/K-pop name. So... I shouldn't, apparently.

Having digested the lineup, it’s good just not spectacular. It’s missing a lot of older, classic acts, like your Sparks, Swans, John Cale, etc from this year. No big reformed bands like Pavement or The Moldy Peaches. I’ll enjoy myself and it’s still better than every other lineup next year so far, it’s just as someone else put it - whelming. 

Is it only me or the lineup looks unfinished? At least for me I counted the amount of artists I want or wouldn't mind to see and this year it's half of the ones from last year. I don't even dare to compare with 2022 or 2018, cause then it will be one third or even less. Although, overall I think that this lineup is not bad. Idk the undercard is good but still feels like a lot of names are missing. Idk if they are not touring. I'm talking about the likes of Danny Brown, The Smile, Killer Mike, Genesis Owusu, Sampha and many more. And then the bigger names, I expected something more also, don't feel like Pulp is that big to headline. I expected either something bigger like The Cure or something more commercial like Bad Bunny, Karol G or Kylie Minogue. Idk 300+ euros seems a bit too much for this. I bought it on early bird for 200 so I feel that it's not that much, but for sure I wouldn't pay more than that. Plus many of those names will cancel like in the previous years, so idk what it's gonna be. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Is it only me or the lineup looks unfinished? At least for me I counted the amount of artists I want or wouldn't mind to see and this year it's half of the ones from last year. I don't even dare to compare with 2022 or 2018, cause then it will be one third or even less. Although, overall I think that this lineup is not bad. Idk the undercard is good but still feels like a lot of names are missing. Idk if they are not touring. I'm talking about the likes of Danny Brown, The Smile, Killer Mike, Genesis Owusu, Sampha and many more. And then the bigger names, I expected something more also, don't feel like Pulp is that big to headline. I expected either something bigger like The Cure or something more commercial like Bad Bunny, Karol G or Kylie Minogue. Idk 300+ euros seems a bit too much for this. I bought it on early bird for 200 so I feel that it's not that much, but for sure I wouldn't pay more than that. Plus many of those names will cancel like in the previous years, so idk what it's gonna be. 

150 names. does seems a bit less than usual

but they have enough headliners, don't see anything added there, and also the second level seems to be complete

maybe they're back to the old way, when they later added bits/hidden stage/ other additional names

5 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

It feels that way to me. I guess we got New Order late last year, maybe there's a big name still to come in Jan? It feels like it's missing one big name and a few second line names, for me. Hard to tell without seeing it broken down day by day but it feels like less than we're used to.

2 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

150 names. does seems a bit less than usual

but they have enough headliners, don't see anything added there, and also the second level seems to be complete

maybe they're back to the old way, when they later added bits/hidden stage/ other additional names

I think they only had one bigger late addition this year with New Order and 2 in 2022 - M.I.A and The Smile, so maybe there are a couple more second lines to add,

1 minute ago, chilirocker said:

I think they only had one bigger late addition this year with New Order and 2 in 2022 - M.I.A and The Smile, so maybe there are a couple more second lines to add,

Phoenix and Warpaint *I think* were late additions in 2022 but I might be wrong