Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

Is Taylor that popular in Spain/Europe? In the US, gotta say this Eras tour has been basically a cultural event. Regular people are paying high hundreds to thousands for single tickets to shows in huge stadiums where she plays multiple nights, people lining up and watching outside the stadium, etc.

I think she might just be too big for this fest. Why play Prima if you can sell out a stadium on your own in a day? Then again- I’m sure Rosalia could easily do this in BCN and she seems to play the fest every album cycle 

Just now, bobhoward said:

Is Taylor that popular in Spain/Europe? In the US, gotta say this Eras tour has been basically a cultural event. Regular people are paying high hundreds to thousands for single tickets to shows in huge stadiums where she plays multiple nights, people lining up and watching outside the stadium, etc.

I think she might just be too big for this fest. Why play Prima if you can sell out a stadium on your own in a day? Then again- I’m sure Rosalia could easily do this in BCN and she seems to play the fest every album cycle 

Taylor Swift is EASILY too big for this festival. She's easily the biggest artist in the world touring right now. 

Rosalia is different I think due to her history with the festival and being from Barcelona. She also does big Barcelona shows alongside Primavera so it's not a one or the other for her. 

image.thumb.png.2af21f3fe1935e9a6e5f111c9aef5515.png

Taylor Swift is currently the biggest act on the planet and there’s zero chance she’s playing Primavera, especially whilst not doing any other festival dates. If it was ever gonna happen it would’ve been 2020 when she was booked for a ton of festivals, but Mad Cool got her instead. If she ever decides to rebook her prior festival dates that didn’t get to go ahead, then maybe Primavera could get her, but tbh I think she’s just too big for it outright and Mad Cool would throw money to get her back (but I could also see her just not rebooking those festival dates, because why would she?)

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Taylor Swift is EASILY too big for this festival. She's easily the biggest artist in the world touring right now. 

Rosalia is different I think due to her history with the festival and being from Barcelona. She also does big Barcelona shows alongside Primavera so it's not a one or the other for her. 

image.thumb.png.2af21f3fe1935e9a6e5f111c9aef5515.png

It’s true. She is TOO big, but in the last couple of years, it seems like Prima are punting on bigger acts - this year Depeche Mode only played stadiums and Prima, Calvin Harris - although not to every(any)one’s taste is arguably bigger than Prima, also last year Dua Lipa was selling out arenas and stadiums across the world and played. 

It’s just weird that she’s only doing 1 night in Spain, compared to 2 in Portugal and Austria and 3 in Poland. 

5 minutes ago, chilirocker said:

It’s true. She is TOO big, but in the last couple of years, it seems like Prima are punting on bigger acts - this year Depeche Mode only played stadiums and Prima, Calvin Harris - although not to every(any)one’s taste is arguably bigger than Prima, also last year Dua Lipa was selling out arenas and stadiums across the world and played. 

It’s just weird that she’s only doing 1 night in Spain, compared to 2 in Portugal and Austria and 3 in Poland. 

Sorry but Depeche Mode, Calvin Harris and Dua Lipa are nowhere near as big as Taylor Swift currently is. It's one thing saying the fest is going for big acts, but Taylor is literally the biggest right now.

• Upvote 3

> It’s just weird that she’s only doing 1 night in Spain, compared to 2 in Portugal and Austria and 3 in Poland. 

I do not think this is weird, or at the very least I do no think this makes Primavera any more likely. There are many Barcelona-sized cities in the world where she is not playing.

• Upvote 1

I agree she's a bit too big and I really hope she's not booked because from what I've seen and heard, her fans would camp in front of the main stage all day to see her and would likely show no respect to artists playing before her. 

I think the big pop star is more likely to be Billie Eilish or Olivia Rodrigo. SZA would be nice.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

How about she plays on the Wednesday in the Olympic Stadium and it's billed as a Primavera Sound special show, not part of the lineup, but priority access to ticketholders for an extra 70 euros or so?

Why would she bother with all that nonsense? She's just not playing Barcelona.

• Upvote 3

On 8/4/2023 at 2:48 PM, UsernameHere said:

I agree she's a bit too big and I really hope she's not booked because from what I've seen and heard, her fans would camp in front of the main stage all day to see her and would likely show no respect to artists playing before her. 

I think the big pop star is more likely to be Billie Eilish or Olivia Rodrigo. SZA would be nice.

Agreed, the tides of folk departing Mordor pre-Pavement, after tame impalas 6th set of the last 8 years :-), was sad enough to see in terms of the festival crowd changing hahahaha

• Like 1

In prepping for Green Man, I stumbled across the following two personal discoveries - Plastic Mermaids and strangely named - Salami Rose Joe Louis. Few other great names from GM '23 that could potentially be added to PS '24 are Say She She, Alabaster DePlume (Auditori?), Hagop Tchaparian (Fourtet collaborator, great for late night set), Clipping (experimental hip hop) and Rozi Plain.

Personally much more interested in PS' undercard curation than whether Taylor Swift or the Killers play Mordor.

Edited by Etaish
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Tom Waits last tour in 2018 was two nights at Auditori Fòrum CCIB in the middle of July. I can't see evidence he ever played festival shows since 1987 on setlist.fm. Possible, as Leonard Cohen did, but very very unlikely.

Edited by emmanuel

25 minutes ago, emmanuel said:

Tom Waits last tour in 2018 was two nights at Auditori Fòrum CCIB in the middle of July. I can't see evidence he ever played festival shows since 1987 on setlist.fm. Possible, as Leonard Cohen did, but very very unlikely.

Sure you are right...on the other hand I could see Primavera pulling out all the stops for him and could be a special booking pushed through by the organisers. 

He does fit (or certainly did with the old Primavera).

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Sure you are right...on the other hand I could see Primavera pulling out all the stops for him and could be a special booking pushed through by the organisers. 

He does fit (or certainly did with the old Primavera).

If he did play I don't see it being a large festival appearance. Even if it's auditori.

I'm skeptical if they'd bring Travis Scott. Musically he'd sure be a good fit, but the (Barcelona) Audience at PS has quite high moral standards and that has been reflected in the bookings. They'd never book Arcade Fire right now, considering the accusations against Win Butler and they've also skipped acts like Sun Kil Moon, although they were around and very good fits for PS. And Whilst Travis Scott faces no such accusations atm, his close attachment to Kanye feels like a recipe for disaster. 

On 8/9/2023 at 2:59 PM, xxialac said:

RIP Rodriguez.

Was going to be one of the highlights of PS13 but he had to reschedule his tour last minute so never got to see him grace the stage.

Gutted too that he dropped out in 2013, but luckily saw him in 2018 at Royal Albert Hall. Was looking frail, but was great to see him live.

• Upvote 1