Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

11 hours ago, Whos3000_ said:

Are talking heads really that unbielevable in a year when probably there are no huge surprises in rap to spend money on? We can dream 

we still need to see/hear more about this reunion beyond them getting on a stage together. but i think it looks promising. not trying to get my hopes up though

Names i'd throw into the pot on the basis of what i saw at Green Man a couple of weeks ago - Young Fathers (absolutely phenomenal live show), Last Dinner Party (the next Wet Leg?), Squid, Anna B Savage, Uh, Goat and Say She She. And on the DJ sets - Marie Davidson and Hagop Tcharparian both killed it (despite the muddy conditions)

16 hours ago, Whos3000_ said:

Are talking heads really that unbielevable in a year when probably there are no huge surprises in rap to spend money on? We can dream 

It's not impossible but we don't really have anything to go off yet. It could just be a Q&A to promote the re-release of Stop Making Sense. Personally I'm refusing to be drawn into thinking there's any decent chance unless we see a European tour.

5 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

we still need to see/hear more about this reunion beyond them getting on a stage together. but i think it looks promising. not trying to get my hopes up though

one clue there would be... next year is the fiftieth anniversary of the band's founding...

1 hour ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Playboi Carti could also get the bump to headliner.

Do you think he's big enough over here? I was surprised at how small the crowd was at the Rayban in 2022. He was clashing with Dua Lipa which maybe explains it to an extent but then again I wouldn't have thought those fanbases have much crossover.

2 hours ago, chilirocker said:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/talking-heads-jerry-harrison-says-stop-making-sense-rerelease-was-a-healing-experience-3491540

Apparently further announcements are coming from the band! I will lose my mind if Talking Heads headline. 

Man I truly never thought them reforming would be a possibility and I’m ready to be majorly let down when these further announcements turn out to just be more re-releases or some sh*t, but it sure does feel like they’re maybe building up to more than that. So hype. 

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

FWIW Arcade Fire played out of their skins last night in Spain and a set with zero filler. Rightly or wrongly, I think as time goes by, concerns around booking them again will fade and wouldn't be surprised if they make a new album and play.

Sure some people have decided they would continue to follow them, but headlining at Primavera should be a privilege and not a reward for abuse, not refunding tickets and playing a set that looks near identical to previous tours. I would have been fired from my job if I did what he did. Concerns do not fade and victims do not disappear, but sure people stop protesting because don't just ignore them. Maybe that's what I should do, sorry!

This is not directed to you, but I don't quite understand those on this forum who wants a band to play the same setlist over and over with zero filler and no deep cut. This is fairly boring to me and I would rather skip a festival than seeing the same headliners playing the same songs over and over again.

• Upvote 2

On 8/30/2023 at 7:46 PM, Fabrizzo said:

and Portishead Dummy turns 30 next year... Dream dream dream 😌

Portishead are my favourite of all the bands I haven't seen live yet. My dream booking 

This is super wishful thinking but if they did perform primavera and it coincided with Massive Attack retaking their 2022 slot.... 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Drums Please Fab said:

Seen them at Cala Mijas on Thursday and it was one of the best gigs I’ve ever been to.

I had a look and 11 of their 17 songs are the same as Primavera 2017, so it is great that two people here really liked them but I'm sure I see the implication for Primavera? Did they suddenly become better than in the last ten years? I doubt.

11 hours ago, emmanuel said:

I had a look and 11 of their 17 songs are the same as Primavera 2017, so it is great that two people here really liked them but I'm sure I see the implication for Primavera? Did they suddenly become better than in the last ten years? I doubt.

There are only so many headline bands and it’s unrealistic to think Primavera won’t end up repeating. They already do. How often do we get Tame Impala, The National etc.

You’re right that their setlist doesnt change much but (and headliners dont play deep cuts at festivals anyway) the point was that they are a very entertaining live act and everyone I spoke to absolutely loved their show on Friday. And whilst it seems an odd thought given how ubiquitous they are, there are still plenty who have never seen them. 

On 7/21/2023 at 4:30 PM, UsernameHere said:

This year we're adamant on a hotel very close to the site next year. Any suggestions? Diagonal Mar and Princess seem to have nothing available or aren't taking bookings yet.

The hotel where I was this year - Vincci Bit, not even 10min walk from Forum, was great - is taking reservations now. 5 nights/2 guests = €1.400.