Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

20 minutes ago, chilirocker said:

Looks like she’s got Coachella, Glasto and Prima gaps in her schedule. I can’t imagine her being too much more expensive than Depeche Mode/Dua Lipa, as it wouldn’t be the full stadium show production and I imagine that’s where the cost goes…

Taylor Swift would charge an arm and a leg because she's Taylor Swift. Only Glasto is likely to get away with a reduced fee.

Just arranged tentative accommodations for next year. Can't wait.

13 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Taylor Swift would charge an arm and a leg because she's Taylor Swift. Only Glasto is likely to get away with a reduced fee.

Just arranged tentative accommodations for next year. Can't wait.

She was meant to play Open’er, Nos and Mad Cool in 2020. With the Live Nation money, it’s not out of the realm of possibility. 

4 minutes ago, chilirocker said:

She was meant to play Open’er, Nos and Mad Cool in 2020. With the Live Nation money, it’s not out of the realm of possibility. 

I still don’t see it date wise. She only plays 2 nights in a row in the same city with at least 2 days in between if not. Plus: it would mean Primavera Madrid is not happening - she wouldn’t fly back to Spain from Scotland to perform on the 9th, would she?

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, chilirocker said:

She was in a career downswing in 2019/20 and had booked festivals to give her a bit of a boost. Then came covid, she released those lockdown albums and suddenly was no longer in a downswing and in fact became the biggest act on the planet. Not saying she couldn’t do festivals again at some point, but she definitely doesn’t need to, and I’d be massively surprised if she bothered with them next year in the middle of this mega tour she’s doing when she can just sell out her own dates in minutes.

Still no refund. 
i emailed the access app chat and they said as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience. 

also want to bring the PJ Harvey debate back. 
And for whoever said she’s a mid name headliner I 100% completely DISAGREE. 

When she HEADLINED in 2016 on the big stage (and obviously not in the auditorium) she KILLED it. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, ibo said:

Still no refund. 
i emailed the access app chat and they said as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience. 

When she HEADLINED in 2016 on the big stage (and obviously not in the auditorium) she KILLED it. 

It was me, and I genuinely don't see her as a 'Top 3' name anymore, not at the version of festival as it is now; 2016 was a completely different beast.

Granted the Auditori comment was a bit stupid on reflection. But in my mind, indoors is a more respectful setting for the recent stuff which can be quieter.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

45 minutes ago, ibo said:

Still no refund. 

I don't think anyone doubts her quality. 

Its just whether a festival that had Kendrick Lamar, Blur and Calvin Harris this year would see her as a suitable headliner next year. 

Its the beauty of Primavera. They probably would. But the same probably wouldn't be said about Werchter or Glastonbury or those mega fests in other countries. 

Fwiw, I don't think PJ Harvey is a banker for any fest next summer as she's doing a specific intimidate venue tour this time, so it's probably a total different production. 

But maybe by the time next summer comes around, she will have cooked up something else. 

If I was to bet today, I'd say... 

Sza, the Cure, Pulp, and The Chemical Brothers, with a Spanish language act (I'm not well versed in this area) and maybe someone quite poppy, but I don't know who. Covering a wide base. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

I don't think anyone doubts her quality. 

Its just whether a festival that had Kendrick Lamar, Blur and Calvin Harris this year would see her as a suitable headliner next year. 

Its the beauty of Primavera. They probably would. But the same probably wouldn't be said about Werchter or Glastonbury or those mega fests in other countries. 

Fwiw, I don't think PJ Harvey is a banker for any fest next summer as she's doing a specific intimidate venue tour this time, so it's probably a total different production. 

But maybe by the time next summer comes around, she will have cooked up something else. 

If I was to bet today, I'd say... 

Sza, the Cure, Pulp, and The Chemical Brothers, with a Spanish language act (I'm not well versed in this area) and maybe someone quite poppy, but I don't know who. Covering a wide base. 

Exactly this - a much better and expanded version of what I was aiming at.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, brosch said:

The line ups for the South American editions (except Sao Paulo) are out - The Cure headlining all 4, Slowdive are playing, so is Grimes.. Blur and Pet Shop Boys the big names from this years’ Barcelona/Madrid lineup

F4E83A49-434A-4D7E-9F51-D2C2D124176A.jpeg

Not many festivals where all the headliners are over 50.

• Like 2

The PJ Harvey discussion was stupid and there was really no need to bring her back.

She's absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt, early headline material and I can't really see even the slightest argument otherwise. Not to mention, previous arguments "against" her (by emmanuel) were one of the most misleading, in-bad-faith and just flat out factually wrong arguments i've ever seen here. it's all just immensely disrespectful for her really. Yeah, she won't headline Werchter or those kind of festivals (even at her peak, she never had the hits), but for Primavera it's an absolute shoe-in.

I can somehow see her doing Auditori if it was her choice - like she's choosing smaller venues in her own tour - in which case she'll likely to be the biggest auditori show ever in the festival. If not, it's Mordor for sure.

• Like 2

Considering Primavera put King Princess amongst the top line names for the 2021(?) version of the lineup purely to somewhat meet their 50/50 gender split, it’d be kind of nuts of them to get such a renowned female act like PJ and not have her as one of the smaller headliners. Like, sure she isn’t quite the name she once was and the renewed interest she gained from Let England Shake has kind of worn off, but she’s more than earned her place there.

2 hours ago, yaniv297 said:

The PJ Harvey discussion was stupid and there was really no need to bring her back.

She's absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt, early headline material and I can't really see even the slightest argument otherwise. Not to mention, previous arguments "against" her (by emmanuel) were one of the most misleading, in-bad-faith and just flat out factually wrong arguments i've ever seen here. it's all just immensely disrespectful for her really. Yeah, she won't headline Werchter or those kind of festivals (even at her peak, she never had the hits), but for Primavera it's an absolute shoe-in.

I can somehow see her doing Auditori if it was her choice - like she's choosing smaller venues in her own tour - in which case she'll likely to be the biggest auditori show ever in the festival. If not, it's Mordor for sure.

Fascinating how much of a nerve it has hit really, I was half expecting a Dorset IP address.

It is effectively transfer / draft season, there isn't much else for us to do.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

Not sure if it's been commented on already but Primavera Sound Argentina has gone from:

4 days + a stacked Ciutat programme

-> 2 days + a tiny Ciutat programme

This bodes well for the idea of a compromise at Madrid. 

I'm still not sure they would go for wholesale changes at the festival, but they've shown in south America that they're pretty willing to adapt of an event demands it. 

I didn't attend any of them this year. For next year, it's looking like Porto or Barcelona (line up dependent of course) but I just don't see the benefit to Madrid, if I'm travelling from overseas anyway. But if they changed the festival and made it a different proposition entirely, maybe I could see the reasoning.