Your Favourite On-Site Bar/Pub?

Jacko45

What’s the name of the bar near the ribbon tower, further up than Bimble and Park but not as far up as Crow’s Nest and Tricketts.  Right by the BBC studio. Built around a tree (or am I imagining that?).  Did it replace treehouse cafe?  If not it’s very nearby.  It’s driving me mad that I can’t remember.  Might have been new for 2022….

1 hour ago, Stu Pidboy said:

What’s the name of the bar near the ribbon tower, further up than Bimble and Park but not as far up as Crow’s Nest and Tricketts.  Right by the BBC studio. Built around a tree (or am I imagining that?).  Did it replace treehouse cafe?  If not it’s very nearby.  It’s driving me mad that I can’t remember.  Might have been new for 2022….

Feel like that was there since a number of years ago

2 hours ago, Stu Pidboy said:

Used to be treehouse cafe but then there was the wormhole there for 1 year (2019 maybe?) didn't return last year I think.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2023 at 7:46 PM, Stu Pidboy said:

For anyone still wondering, it’s The Spinney, and very nice it remains…..

On 6/8/2023 at 1:29 PM, paulshane said:

Avalon Inn every time, as it has an upstrairs 🙂 which is somehow magical at glastonbury, no idea why, it just is 🙂

Weird isn't it. The stuff that gets built for the festival is incredible but for some reason I'm really impressed by the fact there's a bar with an upstairs

2 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

New favourite The Crows Nest. With superb weather and a set by the Mary Wallopers just now it’s ideal.

IMG_1087.jpeg

Mary wallopers were fantastic in acoustic earlier. Missed crows nest but hopefully making it to their next set for my first ever visit to the "secret" bar

• 5 months later...
10 hours ago, Lunaticum said:

San Remo and Avalon Inn are indeed gems – the vibes and effort put into their design make for an unforgettable experience. As for my personal favorite, it's gotta be JAY KAY'S CAFÉ in Dublin. Picture this: a cozy spot in the heart of the city serving up breakfast, brunch, and lunch all day long.

Hi Jay

1 hour ago, Popsider75 said:

Favourite bar is my back pack with cool quality ales not the poor fayre offered at top prices on site generally. 

Had plenty of Fyne ales and Oakham Citra this year. 

What’s the atmosphere like in there? 

7 hours ago, marathonsteve said:

I agree as we have just come back from holiday in Achill island and Westport where people just turn up to play 

Lucky you I could spend weeks on Achill alone, I’m guessing you’ve taken a trip to Matt Molloy too?

Yea if there were somewhere like that I think it would go down a storm