BBC Coverage 2023

gooner1990

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Got a feeling all the rumours of Eminems, Harry Styles and Britneys are gonna prove to be bollocks and all (or at least most) of Elton’s guests are gonna be smaller acts already on site.

Maybe one big one, probably Dua…

Agreed, Jacob, Dua, maybe Rina & one other (Kiki Dee?) would be my guess

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Got a feeling all the rumours of Eminems, Harry Styles and Britneys are gonna prove to be bollocks and all (or at least most) of Elton’s guests are gonna be smaller acts already on site.

Maybe one big one, probably Dua…

Well yeah. Usually the norm just for tba slots. Remember everyone thought Green Day was playing last year?  

5 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Why do you say that ? What do you think the blocker would be ?

Might want the paycheck. He is finishing his residency at MSG this year. And his tour with Stevie Knicks he just did was all stadiums and they sold out.  Legends list is getting thin so itll be interesting if they dip their toes into somebody slightly younger. Remember Kylie was only 50. Theres a few acts in their 40's that would do well. Gwen Stefani has all the No Doubt bangers and her solo songs. Christina Aguilera would go down well and she can still belt it. Shania Twain would be a nice one.

Maybe theyll go after Justin Timberlake. New album coming. He can put on a show. No N sync songs though

Edited by Suprefan

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Why do you say that ? What do you think the blocker would be ?

Don’t think he’s done a gig or festival where he didn’t headline in like.. forever, plus I can imagine he’d want the big pay. I’m sure the festival has gone after him and maybe one year he’ll cave, but must be a reason it’s not happened yet as he’s such an obvious act for that slot.

I'd have given my right leg to see Bob Marley headline Glastonbury whilst we are talking about legendary headliners. Died before I was even born and I still love his music. He'd have got a huge crowd no doubt. 

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Doubt she’d draw this kind of crowd. Think a lot of people see her as a bit naff these days, especially with her constant clawing to retain her youth and such. 

Also has a big potential to be a train wreck. 

Depends how the Hits tour goes later this year? If she smashes those shows, I imagine it would be quite something.

1 minute ago, Benjsh said:

I'd have given my right leg to see Bob Marley headline Glastonbury whilst we are talking about legendary headliners. Died before I was even born and I still love his music. He'd have got a huge crowd no doubt. 

Actually thats one to think of if they hadnt passed too early. The Clash. Surely wouldve happened.

1 minute ago, st dan said:

Just flicked QOTSA on .. decent enough crowd given the circumstances and they’re sounding great. Crowd up for it .. could/would have been a mega set I think if in a different slot.

Yeah looking better than Elton did, Homme is on top form atm