BBC Coverage 2023

gooner1990

Just now, Meerkat said:

That’s surely the biggest pyramid crowd ever right?

how does that compare to the stones for those who went?

I stood at the back for the Stones, and there was loads of empty field back there.

It's not even close, this is 10s of thousands more, especially given the whole of Row Mead campsite has been removed this year and is filled with people.

Just now, Meerkat said:

That’s surely the biggest pyramid crowd ever right?

how does that compare to the stones for those who went?

Stones was rammed, but the field was smaller than as there was camping at the back of the field, thats been removed this year and it still full, so id say this is bigger than the stones

2 minutes ago, sedra said:

well well I don’t think anyone will complain about his vocals or enthusiasm- sounds great on telly 😀

He looked a bit frail walking on stage but absolutely solid opening.  The overhead crowd shots are insane, biggest crowd I've ever seen there, topping the stones by some distance I'd imagine.

15 minutes ago, trust1878 said:

War on  Drugs were great. One of the sets I've seen on iplayer that made me wish I was there.

Now catching up on Caroline Polachek. Never heard of her before but she has a great voice.

You know the band Chairlift? That was her old band for 10 years before they broke up and she went solo

Just now, sedra said:

well well I don’t think anyone will complain about his vocals or enthusiasm- sounds great on telly 😀

Hmm - volume & enthusiasm, definitely yes. Pronunciation, probably not. I need subtitles to make out what he's singing! 

Not really knocking him, it sounds pretty good - probably better than I thought to be fair.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Already with the ‘might be my last show in England’. You’re never f**king retiring Elton, just admit it. 

The touring apsect is gone. He will easily do a benefit gig at wembley for one of his charities down the line i bet. That will be the appeal of popping up every once in a while, can cash in for a good cause.