The churnups

a6l6e6x

5 hours ago, DeanoL said:

It's the latter that makes me think it isn't. This isn't a secret set in the Park or Woodsies which a fraction of the festival get to see. It's literally the same stage. You don't play this slot and then come back next year and headline. It'll literally be the same band on the same stage playing the same songs but a few hours later.

Now if it's some sort of Taylor tribute with guests or some sort of supergroup mash-up then maybe you get away with it. But that's the big difference with Pulp and Foos for me - Foos will want to come back and headline in the next three years. And the festival will want to book them. Pulp will be gone for good this time next year, at least in this incarnation.

Is there any reason Foos wouldn't be announced if it were them? I know Pulp have some big London dates on sale on Friday.

(The hour changeover makes me wonder if it's something with a more elaborate set-up also, ie. act with orchestra)

I assume whoever just isn't being announced for the novelty value. But you're right, it is the weird thing for a seventy-five minute set before a return shortly after.

1 minute ago, Xeph1995 said:

I low-key think it would actually be hilarious if they came in late and Axl stormed off 30 mins in. 

Would genuinely be a Glastonbury moment for sure. 

At Reading 2010 they came on an hour late, the promoters cut their sound off and then they staged a "protest" onstage.

Just now, GrumpyRaver said:

Is there any thread on this site that can't be hijacked by this utterly stale, tedious argument?

there is no argument, few people think its a great booking.

Trying to bring the thread back on topic, what happened to the poll between FF and Pulp?

The last time I looked it was clearly a win for Pulp.  The vote was split, I think, about 70/30 in favour of Pulp.  

The results were heavily in favour of Pulp being the mostly likely outcome and Pulp being the most desired.

13 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Resist the urge... resist the urge and it might go away...

Even Emily felt the need to give a story about how they weren't first choice.

10 minutes ago, johnny-yen said:

Trying to bring the thread back on topic, what happened to the poll between FF and Pulp?

The last time I looked it was clearly a win for Pulp.  The vote was split, I think, about 70/30 in favour of Pulp.  

The results were heavily in favour of Pulp being the mostly likely outcome and Pulp being the most desired.

yeah still leaning that way 

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

Even Emily felt the need to give a story about how they weren't first choice.

The whole "pipeline" line got a rundown from a few people, such as this one - https://www.euronews.com/culture/2023/03/08/the-glastonbury-problem-why-european-festivals-arent-struggling-with-female-headliners

Just now, glimmers_of_hope said:

Yeah looks like the Friday gig has moved to the Sunday. 

This could also mean the Waeve could do a secret set somewhere, you'd be a bit pissed off if they moved a sold out show for either that or Blur to do a secret set if you had tix for Dublin though

Just now, NorthernSoul52 said:

Emily's story was hardly flattering guns 

1 minute ago, Neil said:

Emily's story was hardly flattering guns 

Shut up. Please. Even if few people think it's a good booking even fewer want any more discourse on Guns n Roses in threads not about Guns n Roses.

I just popped in to see if it was Pulp or Foos and now it's Blur.

• Upvote 1