Acts Ruled Out Of Glastonbury 2024

stanh

5 hours ago, stuie said:

I do agree with your point - I mentioned earlier in the thread that they got signed by Universal after their show in Rum Shack. I imagine it’s a difficult thing to quantify and therefore as artists progress the 10% for 2 shows becomes less appealing. 

Yeah as an artist increases in size but still doesnt break into the main stages it becomes less and less worthwhile, agreed

greg wilson did a whole blog about it from a dj perspective. Then he came back a few years later 😂

Gutted. Still one of the most special moments of my life seeing George in the 80’s playing live. Would have been amazing on the farm.

George Benson UK Tour  
June 26th thru July 3rd, 2024

On the advice of George Benson's medical team, we must cancel his upcoming UK tour.

Unfortunately, it's now the end of a lifetime of bringing his unique music and exciting performances internationally.

With a heavy heart and much consideration, George has accepted that the strain of long distance travel is too difficult to endure at this point in his life.

We are all terribly sorry to disappoint all his fans, especially those holding tickets in the UK.

Please go back to your point of purchase to obtain a refund.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2024 at 3:42 PM, Mcbatesman said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned but future islands are touring America that weekend 

Well, that's a relief.

16 hours ago, turkey twizzler said:

I'm not sure if it's appropriate to post this here, as it's more heard through a pal rather than tangible evidence. But I have a friend who does marketing for Chase and Status and says they're not playing.

I'm probably overthinking this but just a little question on this. Assuming a C&S hire an external company to do marketing. 

While I can see why for their own gigs said marketing company would need to be involved.

Said marketing company will not be involved in any marketing activity for a Glastonbury appearance. 

Tour managers, booking people would probably know if they were playing. 

But if it's an external marketing company is it possible that they are just not on the "need to know list"  assuming the Glastonbury team insist on keeping line up news quiet. 

Happy to accept any comment on this theory???? 

Can you share the name of the company the person works for?

Edited by Ben7amin_

Have seen Noname on many people's fake line up posters. Listened to an interview she did where she said that she wouldn't perform for a predominantly white crowd (obviously a few years after all the media coverage where she said she was retiring because she didn't want to perform for white people anymore), which may explain her choice only to tour in London and Manchester. So doubt she'll be at the G, especially not for the low fee.

29 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

I'm probably overthinking this but just a little question on this. Assuming a C&S hire an external company to do marketing. 

While I can see why for their own gigs said marketing company would need to be involved.

Said marketing company will not be involved in any marketing activity for a Glastonbury appearance. 

Tour managers, booking people would probably know if they were playing. 

But if it's an external marketing company is it possible that they are just not on the "need to know list"  assuming the Glastonbury team insist on keeping line up news quiet. 

Happy to accept any comment on this theory???? 

Can you share the name of the company the person works for?

A lot of that will depend on what marketing specifically means.

If it's as simple as "putting ads on social media for upcoming shows" then yeah they may not know all the dates.

If it's a wider strategy that involves promoting an album, or designing a tour t-shirt, then they probably will.

6 minutes ago, incident said:

A lot of that will depend on what marketing specifically means.

If it's as simple as "putting ads on social media for upcoming shows" then yeah they may not know all the dates.

If it's a wider strategy that involves promoting an album, or designing a tour t-shirt, then they probably will.

Thanks...... hmmm..

Might be nice if Turkey elaborated on "does marketing".....

33 minutes ago, max98 said:

Have seen Noname on many people's fake line up posters. Listened to an interview she did where she said that she wouldn't perform for a predominantly white crowd (obviously a few years after all the media coverage where she said she was retiring because she didn't want to perform for white people anymore), which may explain her choice only to tour in London and Manchester. So doubt she'll be at the G, especially not for the low fee.

Well that's a relief as nobody likes a racist

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, max98 said:

Oh no, now she won't be halfway down the Park for 6music dad's to stroke their beards at. Now they'll have to flock to Loyle Carner for the "wow, I'm not actually into hip-hop but this is really interesting" crowd.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, max98 said:

Wouldn't say that's enough reason to rule her out for the G. She's playing Roskilde and Open'er this summer in Denmark and Poland and i'm not sure if you've been but I think the big G is pretty diverse in comparison...

I doubt that's the reason she only played London and Manchester too, I think it's just because she wouldn't sell enough tickets on a full UK tour. 

I actually think she's quite likely to play Glastonbury cause she's actually less about the money and more about the values which I think she aligns with the festival on for the most part.

Edited by Acid_Haze

2 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Thanks...... hmmm..

Might be nice if Turkey elaborated on "does marketing".....

I'll fess up I'm not confident on the exact job role, marketing sprung to mind. He's actually a pal of my girlfriend's. But he works at EMI for their dance music acts. He's said there's a few of their artists who he knows are playing, and that he'd know if C&S were playing - but as far as he's aware they're not.

Apologies it's not the most concrete evidence! What I've been told though so thought worth sharing.

19 minutes ago, turkey twizzler said:

I'll fess up I'm not confident on the exact job role, marketing sprung to mind. He's actually a pal of my girlfriend's. But he works at EMI for their dance music acts. He's said there's a few of their artists who he knows are playing, and that he'd know if C&S were playing - but as far as he's aware they're not.

Apologies it's not the most concrete evidence! What I've been told though so thought worth sharing.

Ooh now you've whetted our appetite for the other side of your equation. 

We can keep a secret guv, honest 😉

Edited by clarkete
  • Like 1