The Park 2023

stuie

2 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Hoping that Confidence Man have a proper set on The Other rather than just this as the only appearance. 

Also, Stonebridge always has ace line ups, but it's impossible to get into unless you arrive hours early, shame. 

Can somebody please give me a run down on the busyness of stonebridge. Like is it busy all the time in the evening and night regardless of acts? What time does it usually start getting too busy? Ive been to glasto 4 times before and never been in there

• Upvote 1

1st big clash of the weekend confirmed - GNR & Fatboy. 

FBS confirmed on social media a couple of weeks ago he was playing The Park on Saturday night then in The Temple later that night -   also be playing Greenpeace on the Sunday

3 minutes ago, Isaaclk said:

Can somebody please give me a run down on the busyness of stonebridge. Like is it busy all the time in the evening and night regardless of acts? What time does it usually start getting too busy? Ive been to glasto 4 times before and never been in there

Depends who is on. I was dancing round on my own last year to the Flying Mojito Bros. Mid Sunday afternoon I think. 

• Like 1

Daniel Avery is playing twice across the weekend. Recently did a single with Confidence Man, might be a B2B in the offing. 

Strong Park line up for me. 

The Stonebridge line up along shows how strong the glasto line up is this year.

Wall to wall to clashes all over the site which personally I rather like. You end going with the flow on the day and having a great old time. Spoilt for choice. 

First impression is that the main stage line up is very meh.  Assume The Manics are therefore faves for opening the Other?

Stonebridge and Rabbit Hole line ups are stellar, but will both be bursting at the seems.  DJ Yoda 50 years of Hip Hop sounds fucking great.  Shame I won't get anywhere near it.

4 minutes ago, NikNik said:

Unknown Mortal Orchestra; that’s made my day. Their new album is my fav thing I’ve heard this year, now to pray no clashes. Any science in what day or how high?

Yeah that's made my day too. They were really good last time. I think they were early afternoon. I would expect late afternoon. That's what I'm hoping for. 

14 minutes ago, GetGorgeForGlasto said:

First timer here - are headliners not usually in day order?

No idea what order the stonebrige bar is listed. Baggy Mondays is always on a thursday, and last year I'm sure eats everything history of rave was on just before them

Not sure if we already suspected this or not, and I know you can't always predict based on previous lineups, but I think we're missing at least 1 park stage act.

Fri - ? acts
Sat - ? acts
Sun - ? acts
Total - 25

Fri - 9 acts
Sat - 9 acts
Sun - 8 acts
Total - 26

Fri - 9 acts
Sat - 9 acts
Sun - 9 acts
Total - 27

Fri - 10 acts
Sat - 10 acts
Sun - 9 acts
Total - 29

14 minutes ago, Isaaclk said:

Daytime can be OK but a big act in the night will be ridiculous - tried to get into Mark Ronson there in 2019 and the queue was all the way down the hill. 

17 minutes ago, Isaaclk said:

Any big name act or perennial fave (Like Baggy Mondays) will be 20 deep outside the tent.

6 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Both Stonebridge and Rabbit Hole impossible to get into for anything I ever want to see and this year I dont think I will even bother. Sad though, I love guilty pleasures. Stick it on in Woodsies instead and earlier!

Yes thats the problem. Williams Green was packed for Guilty Pleasures the Rabbit Hole is smaller. 

23 minutes ago, NikNik said:

Unknown Mortal Orchestra; that’s made my day. Their new album is my fav thing I’ve heard this year, now to pray no clashes. Any science in what day or how high?

Just get high every day and you'll be reet

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Yeah that's made my day too. They were really good last time. I think they were early afternoon. I would expect late afternoon. That's what I'm hoping for. 

Sunday seems to be too busy, so more likely Friday or Saturday. Fingers crossed Saturday as mine is quite sparse at the minute.

26 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

DJ Yoda 50 years of Hip Hop sounds fucking great.  Shame I won't get anywhere near it.

That'll be one to get in there some time before to enjoy.

I've never made it into Stonebridge and mulling around the outskirts of the crowd who can't get in has never been appealing.