Acoustic Stage

Colorblindjames

I’ve only been in there for a couple of acts, and it’s been a little cliquey - there’s clearly a fair amount of people there for large tracts of the day with their little seats and their picnic blankets, and they’re a tadge resentful of people popping in for a set or two and then trampling out.
Anecdotally, of course, and I’ve always popped in for a couple of pints at the ale bar on the Thursday before the music starts, and that’s been fine and very non-cliquey! 

8 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

there’s clearly a fair amount of people there for large tracts of the day with their little seats and their picnic blankets

Presumably also wearing sandals with socks, drinking ale from pewter tankards, sporting large beards and reading the Guardian between acts.

• Like 1

We always seem to plan to see several bands in the acoustic but usually never make it as there are clashes elsewhere.
Mate of mine was so drunk he wandered into the acoustic when he was trying to head to see Radiohead on the pyramid. Spent an hour watching the acoustic status quo and couldn’t understand why Radiohead had an accordionist. finally stumbled along the path to the pyramid, bought four doughnuts and caught the end of Radiohead.

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, angelin said:

It would be nice of they could turn it into a club disco after. Im really going to miss my motown/Northern Soul/Guilty Pleasures etc from Williams Green on the way home after the bands. Its such a shame.

Family camping right behind I doubt that’ll happen. 

1 hour ago, angelin said:

It would be nice of they could turn it into a club disco after. Im really going to miss my motown/Northern Soul/Guilty Pleasures etc from Williams Green on the way home after the bands. Its such a shame.

I really hope the Williams Green DJ sets you mention above will pop up elsewhere this year!  Williams Green was a perfect central location though.  Gutted it's gone - had a fun time there after Reef last year on the Friday night!

• Upvote 1

For years what I did mostly was go back and forth between the Acoustic and Pyramid.  Have been there a bit less in recent years, and it can suffer from sound overspill when the Pyramid is loud. 

Seems to be the only major stage that still hasn't been announced??

4 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

For years what I did mostly was go back and forth between the Acoustic and Pyramid.  Have been there a bit less in recent years, and it can suffer from sound overspill when the Pyramid is loud. 

Seems to be the only major stage that still hasn't been announced??

The park hasn’t ( unless I missed it) 

3 hours ago, balti-pie said:

I’ve only been in there for a couple of acts, and it’s been a little cliquey - there’s clearly a fair amount of people there for large tracts of the day with their little seats and their picnic blankets, and they’re a tadge resentful of people popping in for a set or two and then trampling out.
Anecdotally, of course, and I’ve always popped in for a couple of pints at the ale bar on the Thursday before the music starts, and that’s been fine and very non-cliquey! 

I got tutted at when in 2016 I dared step on the edge of a blanket in my muddy boots and then tripped over a chair (when it clearly says no chairs in the tent)  There were so many in a line I could hardly find my way through,  Worth it though to be down the front for Art Garfunkel.

Always pop into Acoustic each year, lovely spot away from the craziness elsewhere. And some real ale is always a welcome bonus to accompany a visit!

My best moment was below - hopefully I can post it ok - we were right in the middle of the tent! RIP Chas 💙

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I’m in the acoustic tent for 2-3 acts each festival, the bar is good and often without queues, I tend to drop in as I’m passing, as I come in via Gate C sometimes it’s to check out the first act on. When it’s got real quality like Suzanne Vega it’s a good place to be. 

10 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I got tutted at when in 2016 I dared step on the edge of a blanket in my muddy boots and then tripped over a chair (when it clearly says no chairs in the tent)  There were so many in a line I could hardly find my way through,  Worth it though to be down the front for Art Garfunkel.

The exact same set they were tutting at me for daring to stand for 🤣 it was a great set though, the fella next to me was in peals of tears for Bright Eyes and absolutely bawled when I told him it was no.1 the day I was born 🤣🤣 we had a beer and a great big hug after the set, he was a lovely soggy man 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

The exact same set they were tutting at me for daring to stand for 🤣 it was a great set though, the fella next to me was in peals of tears for Bright Eyes and absolutely bawled when I told him it was no.1 the day I was born 🤣🤣 we had a beer and a great big hug after the set, he was a lovely soggy man 

🤣 The thing is that because it is so "civilised" (if you can ignore tutting), it does mean you can get a really good view if there is someone you want to see.  Art will go down as one of my favourites.  I had to do a presentation at work recently on any subject of my choice.  Obviously I chose Glasto and Art got a mention (in the context of the depth of things that aren't shown on TV coverage).  

But he was bonkers wasn't he?

21 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

🤣 The thing is that because it is so "civilised" (if you can ignore tutting), it does mean you can get a really good view if there is someone you want to see.  Art will go down as one of my favourites.  I had to do a presentation at work recently on any subject of my choice.  Obviously I chose Glasto and Art got a mention (in the context of the depth of things that aren't shown on TV coverage).  

But he was bonkers wasn't he?

He seemed like a really decent fella. The poetry was a bit leftfield but having his son with him, and the worries about his voice lasting through Bridge over troubled water, it made him really human and vulnerable. It was a fantastic thing to be at such close quarters to. 

13 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

He seemed like a really decent fella. The poetry was a bit leftfield but having his son with him, and the worries about his voice lasting through Bridge over troubled water, it made him really human and vulnerable. It was a fantastic thing to be at such close quarters to. 

He really did seem decent.  But yeah, I meant the poetry.  His voice was surprisingly good I thought - far better than I'd expected.  Wish I could relive it in full as my memory is awful!

4 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

He really did seem decent.  But yeah, I meant the poetry.  His voice was surprisingly good I thought - far better than I'd expected.  Wish I could relive it in full as my memory is awful!

Loved Art Garfunkel and his voice was so much better than i expected, worked really well in a tent that size. Only spoilt by the guy in front bellowing out the sound of silence (I did not come to hear you slaughter it!). The poetry was however, dire.

10 minutes ago, Wherethewildthingsare2 said:

Loved Art Garfunkel and his voice was so much better than i expected, worked really well in a tent that size. Only spoilt by the guy in front bellowing out the sound of silence (I did not come to hear you slaughter it!). The poetry was however, dire.

A very fair review!  And I think only at Glasto would Art Garfunkel be on the nth stage (I don't know where it rates but certainly not top tier)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mario man said:

Always pop into Acoustic each year, lovely spot away from the craziness elsewhere. And some real ale is always a welcome bonus to accompany a visit!

My best moment was below - hopefully I can post it ok - we were right in the middle of the tent! RIP Chas 💙

This is still one of my all time Glastonbury experiences, and by far and away the busiest I've ever seen the Acoustic stage