Unpopular Opinions - Glasto Edition

Justcalledtosay

1 minute ago, T-Mouse said:

This is the hottest take yet. How???

I think there's a certain camaraderie when it's muddy, a 'we're all in this together' spirit and the belief that we don't care about that state of the ground and we're gonna party anyway, and party harder - this just isn't there when it isn't muddy. Maybe this comes form 1998 being my first festival, it's never muddy like it was then these days - literally seas of mud absolutely everywhere. Rain can sod off though, mud's ok but rain is just depressing.  

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

I think there's a certain camaraderie when it's muddy, a 'we're all in this together' spirit and the belief that we don't care about that state of the ground and we're gonna party anyway, and party harder - this just isn't there when it isn't muddy. Maybe this comes form 1998 being my first festival, it's never muddy like it was then these days - literally seas of mud absolutely everywhere. Rain can sod off though, mud's ok but rain is just depressing.  

I do somewhat agree with you but I think we can get a little of the same can do attitude when it's super hot and we're all melting, but at least in the evening you can sit on the ground lol (just cant bring myself to see anything good in having rain hahah)

4 minutes ago, donthaveacoolname said:

I do somewhat agree with you but I think we can get a little of the same can do attitude when it's super hot and we're all melting, but at least in the evening you can sit on the ground lol (just cant bring myself to see anything good in having rain hahah)

I'd also rather have mud than that chunky wood chip they had down everywhere last year that made my feet hurt.

7 minutes ago, Leon_Anthony said:

This is all an awful read for someone who hasn’t been haha

My unpopular opinion is that the demographic for this site (usually older, usually "veterans") creates the perfect atmosphere for complaining about things that don't matter.

You'll have the time of your life (as will the people complaining).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, squareheadz said:

My unpopular opinion is that the demographic for this site (usually older, usually "veterans") creates the perfect atmosphere for complaining about things that don't matter.

complaining about things that don't matter is half the fun of the run up to the festival! 😀

1 minute ago, squareheadz said:

That's not so much an opinion as concrete fact (says the grumbling old man) 😂

43 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It'll be a crying shame if we have venues that disappear and no secret sets from now on due to people complaining about crowds.

Would be ace if secret sets were genuinely a secret, not sure it's doable in this day and age mind.