The onsite Co-op

moogdroog

First trip to the festival since 2014 and first time taking the kids (young teens), so we're needing to compromise a bit on space/costs and wondering if the onsite Co-op might solve a few of our problems for breakfasts/lunches/drinks (not booze).

Was it well stocked? Are the queues horrendous? Any other intell?

Ta!

From what I remember, the store was quite basic in what it sold but had huge amounts of everything. Sandwiches, canned drinks and single items of fruit were the main things I remember purchasing. Queues were busier between 9-12 I believe, reconvened getting there earlier or later in the day when the music is on. 

As others have said, it is busy in the morning (you will likely queue for 15mins or so to get in). 

Stock-wise, they have sandwiches, fruit, biscuits, crisps, soft drinks etc - so you could easily pick up lunch there - and seems to always have most stuff in stock.

I found it works very well when watching acts on the Other Stage - it's less than 5mins walk from the back of that field.  

54 minutes ago, cellar said:

Agreed with everything above, and also worth mentioning is that they sell bagged ice.

Queues do get big at the times mentioned, but they do go down pretty fast (it's deceptively big inside).

We tried to get ice multiple times last year and it was always sold out. I wouldn't go under the impression it's definitely available and just consider it a bonus if you can get some (if you are expecting to use it to keep a coolbox cold for example). 

Edited by concerned

1 minute ago, concerned said:

We tried to get ice multiple times last year and it was always sold out. I wouldn't go under the impression it's definitely available and just consider it a bonus if you can get some (if you are expecting to use it to keep a coolbox cold for example). 

Ahh yeah it does sell out sometimes - but as you say, if its there it's just a bonus 🙂 

3 hours ago, moogdroog said:

First trip to the festival since 2014 and first time taking the kids (young teens), so we're needing to compromise a bit on space/costs and wondering if the onsite Co-op might solve a few of our problems for breakfasts/lunches/drinks (not booze).

Was it well stocked? Are the queues horrendous? Any other intell?

Ta!

The queues always looked bad but never took that long. 

It actually stocked quite a lot of stuff. Basically a normal co-op just without the aisles selling booze or jarred sauces, rice pasta etc with bigger aisles for the grab and go, fruit and soft drinks. 

54 minutes ago, concerned said:

They do restock several times a day, but the other shops are now selling ice at the same price as the co-op.

Thanks everyone for the info. Sounds like a pretty good addition to the festival and I reckon it'll probably be very useful for keeping costs down a bit - we used to blow the budget when it was just two of us going, but 4 of us buying 3 meals a day will need us to remortgage!

I hope they have Pot Noodles! 😀