Silver hayes 2023

Crazyfool01

16 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Me and a mate wandered into that on the Friday night at about 2am. We just stood there. Some other lads wandered in and just stood there. We gave each other a nod and said alright. Then we both both wandered off. It was like an episode of Family Guy.

Which area was this hahaha

1 minute ago, deadpheasant said:

Haha snap!

They are awesome, saw them in Bristol a few weeks ago. Serious vibes and such great live show. Surprised they are playing this slot tbh as it feels quite small for them, should make it all the more special.

39 minutes ago, RossTC said:

They are awesome, saw them in Bristol a few weeks ago. Serious vibes and such great live show. Surprised they are playing this slot tbh as it feels quite small for them, should make it all the more special.

Agreed, they were great. Super funky vibes. 

15 hours ago, stanh said:

Init, absolutely love that at Glasto I can from VTSS, to Michael Bibi, to Elton John, to Lana Del Rey, to Kanda Bongo Man! Really hope we get some more heavier techno in the other dance areas too, seems promising!

The heavier stuff is always pretty under-represented at Glastonbury, at least theres the Unfairground.

Personally Im excited for More Time Records takeover. Ahadadreams recent Essential Mix was so good!

I'll admit that when SH drops I know roughly one name - Fatboy Slim. Who is ace btw, saw him headline Sziget back in 2009. But the rest is always a bit overwhelming, not sure where to start etc.

Is YouTube a better medium for listening because you get whole sets? Or Spotify and just listen to random songs?

I've just added about a hundred songs to my queue on Spotters from mentions in this thread, really liking Ben Bohmer so far.

I'm really glad for fans of the music SH puts on that the line-up seems to be so positively received this year as opposed the last few years - I've been on these boards for a while and SH always came up as an area needing a revamp, despite it only being a decade old anyway.

2 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I'll admit that when SH drops I know roughly one name - Fatboy Slim. Who is ace btw,...

And he's not on the list? That can't be right? Can it?

I can honestly say I do not know / have never heard of any of the acts mentioned.

2 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

I can honestly say I do not know / have never heard of any of the acts mentioned.

I was surprised too. Thought when it came to Glasto there were four (possibly more) guarantees.

Craig Charles/Mik Artistik/Fatboy Slim/Beans on Toast.

28 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I was surprised too. Thought when it came to Glasto there were four (possibly more) guarantees.

Craig Charles/Mik Artistik/Fatboy Slim/Beans on Toast.

... Billy Bragg, John Hegley, Phil Jupitus, at least one former member of the band Squeeze...

45 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Didn't I read somewhere that's he's trying to play every stage?(not in one year ha) So he's already done SH or does he do it every year anyway?

Edited by gazzared

3 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I'll admit that when SH drops I know roughly one name - Fatboy Slim. Who is ace btw, saw him headline Sziget back in 2009. But the rest is always a bit overwhelming, not sure where to start etc.

Is YouTube a better medium for listening because you get whole sets? Or Spotify and just listen to random songs?

SoundCloud is brilliant for finding full DJ sets, and easier to listen to on the go than YouTube.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Franky said:

But I don’t understand, where’s the KLF, The Orb, Chems, Oribital, Prodigy and of course …. Snap 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Sighs and reaches for pipe and slippers 😥

But have the KLF done a boiler room set?

Out of the list I recognize less than 10 names and only 2 of them I'm genuinely interested in; Katy B and Sub Focus. Although I'm also intrigued by Ben Bohmer and despite going to Fabric many times I've never seen a Craig Richards set so that would be cool to catch some of.

Hopefully they aren't repurposing the sonic stage tent itself because it's one of the worst music venues I've ever encountered.

9 hours ago, dcsessions said:

But have the KLF done a boiler room set?

Out of the list I recognize less than 10 names and only 2 of them I'm genuinely interested in; Katy B and Sub Focus. Although I'm also intrigued by Ben Bohmer and despite going to Fabric many times I've never seen a Craig Richards set so that would be cool to catch some of.

Hopefully they aren't repurposing the sonic stage tent itself because it's one of the worst music venues I've ever encountered.

Do you mean last year's Sonic, or the ridiculous silver family pod tent? Last year's was ok! We had a lot of fun seeing Sofia Kourtesis in there. 

Ben