What is your arrival strategy ?

Crazyfool01

17 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

In the very privileged position of an easy arrival on the Sunday afternoon, no queues no hassle, CV already registered for access, do some work Monday & Tuesday and explore the crew bars for the very first time. Who knows, it may never happen again, so I'd like to get round as many of them as I can!

Me too - will start going onsite from the evening thursday 20th, set up all my gear on Friday Saturday, then start ferrying teams gear in Sunday Monday, pretty much stay onsite Monday 24th to-Monday 1st - then up and out, off site by 0730 monday morning at home by 0830 for bath and snooze

Will be my first Thursday arrival since 2008 (!) and I'm...weirdly looking forward to it? Knowing the gates won't be chaos and pretty much not having to worry about rushing to save space in our normal spot as it will already be rammed really takes the pressure off things a bit. So my guess is, depending on our coach time, we'll roll onto site Thursday morning/afternoon and stroll in to somewhere like Dairy Ground then straight to Brothers...

Coming via a SeeTickets coach from London for the first time this year, got a 12:00 Weds departure. Trying to work out if I camp with my mates in CV East Quiet or if I want to camp in general population, I imagine i'll go for CV as I can get my mates to take most of my stuff rather than me carry it all.

• 1 month later...

Roof box and bars have been booked to hire, being fitted on the Tues PM and returned Tues PM a week later, cost £95 so £22.50 each split between four of us.

Thanks to everyone suggesting it on here. 🙂 

Edited by gooner1990
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Roll the old banger down to Somerset on Monday morning 24th (my birthday woop). Little wander around the town before checking into hotel. Birthday Spa treatments and dinner. 

Tuesday morning: everything bath, breakfast and roll the caravan onto site early doors. Set up by lunchtime ready to host some efests friends for dinner on their way to the gate c queue 👍🏼

Sorted! 

1 hour ago, Euphoricape said:

I live in Cornwall but I have to get the train up to Leeds on the Tuesday in order to catch the coach down to glasto on the Wednesday.. small price to pay for the best week of the year.

Small price to pay! Thats a hefty train fare and a very long train journey. But good on you if thats the only route you could take. 

1 hour ago, Euphoricape said:

I live in Cornwall but I have to get the train up to Leeds on the Tuesday in order to catch the coach down to glasto on the Wednesday.. small price to pay for the best week of the year.

Would seriously consider chancing it as the box office - although fair play!

Guessing you've got a mate's to stay at or something in Leeds and theres a few of you on the coach?

1 minute ago, gfa said:

Would seriously consider chancing it as the box office - although fair play!

Guessing you've got a mate's to stay at or something in Leeds and theres a few of you on the coach?

My brother lives up in Leeds, whose getting the coach down with me. Is there a good chance of getting your tickets from the box office? I thought the only way was on the coach. If its guaranteed then I will definitely do that!

6 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

My brother lives up in Leeds, whose getting the coach down with me. Is there a good chance of getting your tickets from the box office? I thought the only way was on the coach. If its guaranteed then I will definitely do that!

Their official line is no but it seems to be if the ticket is not collected on the coach they hand it into the box office for collection. I don’t think I’d be brave enough to risk it unless I actually couldn’t make the coach and wouldn’t be going otherwise 

• Thanks 1

Getting excited today as the sun is out in London. On the 5.30 coach from Victoria with 2 mates and then other 3 making their own way there from various parts of the country. If it all goes as well as last year with the exact same arrangement I hope tent is up and beer is in hand before midday, then once we have all stopped sweating from the walk/setup it’s up to the sign for an hour or two then who knows

53 minutes ago, Barneym said:

Their official line is no but it seems to be if the ticket is not collected on the coach they hand it into the box office for collection. I don’t think I’d be brave enough to risk it unless I actually couldn’t make the coach and wouldn’t be going otherwise 

Not worth the risk, I quite like a train ride anyway other than the cost obviously..

2 hours ago, al_coholic said:

I am thinking of heading down to Weston or Burnham on Tuesday 25th for a night by the seaside before heading to the site on Wednesday morning

We’re in Burnham travelodge the Tuesday.

Probably already said it here but we're a group of 3 all arriving separately. Me on coach, one in car and one tbd (hoping they're gonna lift share but they don't actually know each other,I'm the common factor) 

I arrive about half 2 on Wednesday. No idea when they'll get to the farm.

Then begins the attempt to meet each other and get camp sorted. Yet to decide on a camping area...

Watch this space for tedious updates!

Midnight coach from Liverpool for me, so in the queue sometime between 5 and 6am. Big group of us camp just inside Gate A, so with a bit of luck I'll be in, pitched and cracking open a celebratory breakfast cider by 9! 🍻

On 4/12/2024 at 12:34 PM, gooner1990 said:

Roof box and bars have been booked to hire, being fitted on the Tues PM and returned Tues PM a week later, cost £95 so £22.50 each split between four of us.

Thanks to everyone suggesting it on here. 🙂 

we borrowed one off a mates dad when there were 4 of us in car one year… made so much difference. 

how much are they to buy though I wonder? 

Me and my best mate are meeting at 8am Monday and setting off, should hit the m25 just after rush hour and have a smooth journey up to Somerset. Stopping for lunch somewhere close to the farm, arriving early afternoon. Set up my van, register, head off to South East Corner early evening! 😀

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Wonder where stewards will direct us when we cycle down main road toward gate A before gates open … it’s a few years since we’ve done this . 

On weds morning? 
you coming by bike? 

7 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Yep from the carpark 😂

Haha brilliant! People that see you will think you’ve arrived on them!