West holts lineup

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, Punisher said:

Park headliner? Only conflict is she played in 2019 and hasn’t released an album since then. One is on the way though.

Think Janelle would be high Other if she played again any time soon. Would be a great booking and her dates are very convenient but tbh I’m not expecting her, if only because it would be such a great booking and I’m lowering my expectations. 

2 hours ago, clasher said:

So what's the best way to get from Candi to Elton we reckon? Jetpack, monorail?

Hmm....personally I think I'd get a spot for Candi stage right near the path to Cabaret. I'd then head to Cabaret, left into Bellas, up through Theatre then across into Acoustic along the path and left across Muddy Lane into Kidney Mead and Pyramid. 

It's a long way round but is still likely to be quicker than heading through market, Williams Green etc. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Hmm....personally I think I'd get a spot for Candi stage right near the path to Cabaret. I'd then head to Cabaret, left into Bellas, up through Theatre then across into Acoustic along the path and left across Muddy Lane into Kidney Mead and Pyramid. 

It's a long way round but is still likely to be quicker than heading through market, Williams Green etc. 

Part of me (the selfish part) resents you making this public knowledge..... I’ve been getting to busy headliners via Acoustic for years, then working my way forward from the path through Big Ground.... the fewer people know about this the better!

9 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

After staring at the map for about 10 minutes that's exactly what I came up with. Thanks!

Although on Sunday I'll be likely so knackered I'll just nap through Lil Nas X instead of catching Candi 😂

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I’m totally fucking mesmerised by them, watching a gig they played in Belgium! 

Have you got a link? 
Also what day do people think they’ll be playing and what slot? Really hoping they don’t clash with anyone 

3 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Part of me (the selfish part) resents you making this public knowledge..... I’ve been getting to busy headliners via Acoustic for years, then working my way forward from the path through Big Ground.... the fewer people know about this the better!

Definitely the best route. Otherwise it’s a nightmare approach past the cider bus area. It’s always a surprisingly quiet path via Acoustic (up to now!)

I really don’t want to miss Young Hearts Run Free but it looks like she often finishes with other songs so it should be ok to get to Elton.

Just now, a6l6e6x said:

Didn’t expect to see this today. Rudimental will struggle against elton

plan to see the hu and gabriels

Rudimental surely gonna have one of the smallest WH crowds in recent memory. Not only are they a weak choice to begin with, but I can’t  imagine many of their fans wouldn’t just be at Elton instead. 

Thinking about how early this announcement was compared to every other Glastonbury festival, I'm wondering if they are going to try and get all of the stage posters released before the full lineup/schedule this time. Williams Green, John Peel, Greenpeace, Truth and several smaller stages all had their posters come out after everyone on them was already officially confirmed last year (according to the Thingy).

1 minute ago, FrankieX said:

Thinking about how early this announcement was compared to every other Glastonbury festival, I'm wondering if they are going to try and get all of the stage posters released before the full lineup/schedule this time. Williams Green, John Peel, Greenpeace, Truth and several smaller stages all had their posters come out after everyone on them was already officially confirmed last year (according to the Thingy).

Im fully on board for them getting things out asap - but we’ll see how it goes

given its a fairly weak lineup overall this year compared to recent festivals, getting a few of the the areas out before balances might help keep the % of returned tickets as low as possible. I suspect it will be higher than average this year due to price, cost of living and perceived weaker lineup. Tbf without elton and carly rae its a borderline stinker so far

27 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Just stumbled across them on you tube the Hu live at AB Ancienne Belgique.  Havnt a clue what slot they have. 

Just found that video and watched the first 3 songs. Looks mesmerising as you say! I’ve got to try and see this clash depending 

10 minutes ago, DL50 said:

Just found that video and watched the first 3 songs. Looks mesmerising as you say! I’ve got to try and see this clash depending 

Gets even better towards the end of the gig. Like Led Zeps  Kashmir.  Clashes are going to be inevitable, and I’m going to need some powers of persuasion and diplomacy to get Mrs C to see them😉

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

3 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Think my Friday night is sorted. Young Fathers on West Holts, followed by a slow walk up to Park for Manics, and spend the rest of the night up in that area of the site.

Ooh do we have info that Manics are headlining the Park on Friday?  Because YF-> Manics turns Friday into a very good day indeed for me.