2. 2. What time do you wake up?

• Before 7
    • 7-8
    • 8-9
    • 9-10
    • 10-11
    • 11-12
    • After 12

Always head back to my van after the last venue in SE corner closes (excluding Maceos which never seems to shut and Guerilla Bar, which often doesn't shut till about 10am). It's only about a 2 to 5 minute walk, depending on which route I chose. May be delayed in getting to bed if I end up chatting with mates on my way back.

Wake up around 11 - 12, may get out of bed if I need the loo.

Edited by Skip997

I used to power through to  around 4am-6am most nights and not rise until past 10-11am but the last couple of years that's been the exception rather than the rule.  

These days, I'm running out of steam at 3am but still try and sleep until 10am because I need my beauty sleep.  

I can still do a 6am finish but it requires a bit of planning and acceptance that the next day will be mostly written off as I recover from the night before.

It's probably 40min walk from late night areas back to CV fields. Need another good half hour (minimum) after the walk to unwind before bed. So even leaving at 2am makes for a late finish.

In bed before 5am, up after 10am seems to work for me.

Sunday can be hard work but if you're not pushing it, why are you even there? We've got 51 weeks for a slower pace, festival week is for living 110%. I might grab a power nap during the legends slot ready for the peak Sunday evening finishing party....

For me it can all depend on the night, the mood and especially the weather...... but I reckon these days the average would be between 3 and 4, still have a 7 am finish in my on the right night, but that would be a once off unlike years past.....

As for getting up, I've tried everything but I just cant seem to be able to stay in the tent much past 10 the heat usually drives me out by the latest 10:15

18 minutes ago, donthaveacoolname said:

For me it can all depend on the night, the mood and especially the weather...... but I reckon these days the average would be between 3 and 4, still have a 7 am finish in my on the right night, but that would be a once off unlike years past.....

As for getting up, I've tried everything but I just cant seem to be able to stay in the tent much past 10 the heat usually drives me out by the latest 10:15

You have a fresh n black tent, right?

19 minutes ago, donthaveacoolname said:

not yet.... when my tent needs replacing one of them is on my list, but can't justify a new tent when the old one is still perfect.... Do you have one? do they work??

yes they work well

maybe sell your existing tent on ebay and use the funds to contribute to one. its a gamechanger

massive thread on them here

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Always head back to my van after the last venue in SE corner closes (excluding Maceos which never seems to shut and Guerilla Bar, which often doesn't shut till about 10am). It's only about a 2 to 5 minute walk, depending on which route I chose. May be delayed in getting to bed if I end up chatting with mates on my way back.

Wake up around 11 - 12, may get out of bed if I need the loo.

Pretty sure maceos _doesn't_ close the whole time! 

Where is Guerilla bar though? 🤔

For me, normally 2ish to bed, 5.30 up for a recycling shift! Could never cope with that in the real world but works fine for glasto- combined with a post -shift nap anyway!

After a couple of festivals, I realised that pushing myself to try and get every moment of the festival out of every hour it was happening was a sure-fire way to spend the last couple of days bleary eyed and absent in the moment.

My sweet spot seems to be hitting the hay at around 2:30am. I can sleep soundly until around 9am, which suits me fine. By 10am I'm up, 'washed', packed, fed, and ready to begin another brilliant day.

The only exception to that is Wednesday night. Last year, I crashed straight after the fireworks. I get next to no sleep on Tuesday night, up at 3am for that magical journey to the little queue at PGA, with a token nap at Wednesday lunchtime. By mid-evening, I'm knackered so I get a nice long sleep in at that point.

Edited by kalifire

8 hours ago, LeeHC said:

Pretty sure maceos _doesn't_ close the whole time! 

Where is Guerilla bar though? 🤔

For me, normally 2ish to bed, 5.30 up for a recycling shift! Could never cope with that in the real world but works fine for glasto- combined with a post -shift nap anyway!

Behind Truth Stage. Only accessible with a "members" card.

2 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

For me it’s not so much ‘going to sleep and waking up’, it’s more ‘falling unconscious and coming round’

Fantastic 😄 

I think I’m probably 3-4am to sleep on average with 8-9am wake up. Thought that can sometimes be 9-10. A lot of it depends on my friends as if I hear them planning something good for breakfast I’ll get up and join them. Normally find I’m fully back with it around 11-12, just in time for the next days music.

This year will be my 7th and I’m wondering if it’ll be the year I finally realise going way too hard on the Wednesday isn’t the best idea..

back in the day i used to maybe grab a couple hours sleep over the course of the whole festival.

these days its an entirely different story - last year there was only one night i was up later than the headliners, which was friday, and even then i think i was back about 2am or something.

i'm much more of a daytime person in my old age - much happier getting to bed early and getting up early(ish).

what was also different last year was that every day when i left the camp i stayed out all day long - i have NEVER done that before in my 30 festivals - it certainly wasn't a conscious thing, it just sort of happened that way.