Who's Playing Where '23

mike46

18 minutes ago, clasher said:

Where do we put Candi Staton and Rudimental? Would love a 1-2 of life affirming dance-y bangers.

Candi Staton early-ish Pyramid.

Rudimental are a tough one as they could easily play a few of the main stages… mid Pyramid, mid/high Other or, I’m fearing, headlining West Holts. 

11 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

If Hot Chip are headlining Woodsies (surely if they're on there, they headline...?) that'll be three headline sets on three different mainstages in 8 years! (WH, Park, Woodsies)

What's the 'record' for a band/artist headlining the most of the five main stages?

Ben

I was thinking about this earlier. 

They’ve subbed The Other too, so only The Pyramid to tick off to have played all 5 main stages. 

4 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Where do we think Manics will play? I’ve seen a few line up guesses putting them as headlining Park on Friday, but do we have anything concrete on this (day or stage)?

Nah literally no info on them other than them being lined up to headline the Park in ‘20, but tbh that might not mean much as Lana is coming back in a different place than she was due that year and the same for some other acts last/this year. Just a best guess at this point.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Nah literally no info on them other than them being lined up to headline the Park in ‘20, but tbh that might not mean much as Lana is coming back in a different place than she was due that year and the same for some other acts last/this year. Just a best guess at this point.

I hope they're not headlining the Park because (a) they're really not a Park act, for me (!) and (b) I really need some more positive headliner news! 

I wondered if Phoenix might be one of the park headliners...

Ben

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I’m hoping Friday night Park headline comes to pass, as I don’t have a known headliner on the Friday yet, and they’d fit the bill nicely. I’ve said as much in the Headliner thread, but thought I’d put it in here, because the headliner thread has become like the land of Mordor. Where the shadows lie, full of fire, ash and dust.

One does not simply walk into the headliner thread. Its black gates are guarded by more than just orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand men could you do this. It is folly.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, chemica said:

I’m not being silly but are Pulp too big to headline the Park?

Not being silly at all (it’s  a shame posters are feeling the need to be defensive around genuine curiosity) but I’d say yes. A secret set perhaps, against something big elsewhere, but as an announced act, I’d expect them to be on a bigger stage, but who knows. Fingers crossed.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

The manics could headline the field they're tarmaccing over. 

4 minutes ago, JackPortch said:

Where’s the information coming from about QOTSA headlining Other at the same time as Elton? I’m seeing it on here and on twitter.

horrendous clash if true

i think it was published on some articles that they were playing despite them not being on the poster from what i've heard others say

8 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

i think it was published on some articles that they were playing despite them not being on the poster from what i've heard others say

I’m sure it was the Guardian, it was quickly removed and amended! 

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

If Hot Chip are headlining Woodsies (surely if they're on there, they headline...?) that'll be three headline sets on three different mainstages in 8 years! (WH, Park, Woodsies)

What's the 'record' for a band/artist headlining the most of the five main stages?

Ben

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

I was thinking about this earlier. 

They’ve subbed The Other too, so only The Pyramid to tick off to have played all 5 main stages. 

Stumped on how to figure this one out.

My thinking would be an act who did one of the big 2 years ago and has slipped down

foals have subbed 3 stages!

I don't think anyone is beating 3

--

Bit of research. Primal Scream have done 3 as well but did pyramid and other so a more impressive 3. I can't figure any others who have done 3.

Might be a few more if you count front men doing it with bands / solo. Damon, Jarvis, both gallaghers all turned up nothing.

I was using https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glastonbury_Festival_line-ups and using the search function to check where each artist had played

• Upvote 1