Line Up Announced

CaledonianGonzo

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

He's a stadium act.

OK, only one stadium, but it puts him in a bigger league than most Other Stage headliners.

a half sold out tottenham stadium is about 1.5 o2

11 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

Hardly looks like a "festival of contemporary arts" either. 

It will when the other 1,000 artists are added to the mere 54 announced

there is comedy / clowning, circus, poetry amongst many other disciplines. 

what we have now is probably less than 1% of the billed acts for the festival

Edited by Memory Man

Just now, Colorblindjames said:

Are there not Butlins festivals for this kinda thing?

plenty of other acts on the lineup ? I'm 21 these acts are hardly for me but theres plenty of acts for younger people!

I usually only end up only seeing about three acts that are on the poster. There is plenty I want to see on there this year. Måneskin is my must-see. Saw them in Brussels last night. Please may it be Pyramid.

Other than that, I'd love to see Tinariwen, Sparks, Blondie, Guns'n Roses, Ezra Collective, Cat Stevens, the War On Drugs... Plenty.

12 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Speaking of stale bookings, Alt-J, Royal Blood and Warpaint are giving very 2014 vibes.

Was just thinking there was a bit of crossover with 2014. Royal Blood, Warpaint, Lana, Manics, Blondie, Chvrches, War on Drugs, Young Fathers, Goldfrapp, Rudimental... Can't say I'm too fussed as I was a big fan of the 2014 lineup

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

They were announced by the Guardian and then removed - remains to be seen if that’s because they’re coming later or because they’ve dropped out.

guardian says :  wrongly included in the initial lineup by Glastonbury organisers.

1 minute ago, Colorblindjames said:

Within a month people will be describing GnR as a grime artist in order to justify the all male line up. 

Maybe we need a butlins stage? Or is that what Avalon covers?

They won’t, as they aren’t Grime. They do have non-White and Female band members though. And the line up is 48% ‘female’ acts 

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

guardian says :  wrongly included in the initial lineup by Glastonbury organisers.

Can we read too much into that wording? The inclusion of "initial" indicating they will be in the full?

I'm clutching at straws here give me anything.

3 hours ago, Furq said:

Played last year, as others may have mentioned in the thread. Still pretty rare to be invited to play two in a row.

I mean, Confidence Man should be playing too, really - they're playing most other festivals in 2023 - but they did last year, and the one before Covid, I think. Gotta mix-up the line-up.

You make a good point - it would be a bit boring to have the same people playing year after year. 

I’m joining the delighted camp! I quite literally gasped when I saw they’d gone and booked Carly. 

I am just gonna need her to be announced for Friday so I don’t have to worry about clashes with Lizzo or getting a good spot for Elton.

anyone with any intel on her with regards day, or even if it’s a lower big stage slot or a higher small stage one? 

Others I’m delighted to see are Chrvches, Maneskin, Lil Nas X, Rina and Christine