Slam Dunk 2024

Dukey

I really like it, but I don't like having to pay £120 for it.

Think the missus booked last year so I'll.have her check for discount details. If it was like £90 I'd probably bite your hand off since I've never seen AAR, BLG, or Head Automatica. Set It Off, Pale Waves, We The Kings, he'll even YMAS as boring and safe a booking as it is.

50 minutes ago, foolee said:

Assuming Avril will be at Download under FOB but happy with The All American Rejects, I Prevail, Funeral for a Friend, The Interrupters & Palaye Royale however I’d miss at least one of these through clashes which is a shame. Genuinely shocked by YMAS being the main headliner though, so boring. Also happy with Bob Vylan, LS Dunes & One Step Closer. Probably enough for me to justify a ticket. 

Anyone fancy making a mock up clash finder based on last year please? Just to see potential clashes if only lower acts are announced. 

I think Avril might be 3rd under The Offspring and FOB with Sum 41 on second stage a separate day. 

At that price I actually this has got a chance of really struggling. That's a lineup worth £70 tops. I don't even have an undercard really to fill out.

It's a bit underwhelming- I'd normally drift to the Interrupters stage....and it's full of bands I like, but they had the Ints & Pennywise there last year,  Goldfinger & the Skints have played a lot too. It's decent, but there's no WOW about it. Esp if the price is going up. Feels like a big downgrade on the last few years.

I know music is subjective so it's different for everyone, but for me personally, I think this is the worst line up they have ever had. Personal circumstances mean I have to be selective about which fesitvals I can do next year and so far this isn't it. Based on last year there are about 30 bands left to announce, so it would have to get a hell of a lot better to get me to go.

1 hour ago, shedrovemetodaytimetv said:

I know music is subjective so it's different for everyone, but for me personally, I think this is the worst line up they have ever had. Personal circumstances mean I have to be selective about which fesitvals I can do next year and so far this isn't it. Based on last year there are about 30 bands left to announce, so it would have to get a hell of a lot better to get me to go.

Myself too, I don't see anything being added to part the cash.

Either they've really stumped it or my Slam Dunk days have seen all I need to. I'm fine not to return.

I feel it was clear a while back they may be struggling with the delay and piece of info output, that just replacing and restructure for a year out would have been a better idea.

Not fully taken in by this lineup but probably enough there so far to keep me interested. Definitely feels like a downgrade on last year and the price hike is a bit excessive, it'll be interesting to see the discount given for last year's ticket holders.

I do wonder if they've missed out on a lot of bands if the rumours of Blink at R&L and FOB at DL are true and they festivals have booked the usual SD bands to cater more to the headline bands for a day.

8 minutes ago, Rusty Spoon said:

Not fully taken in by this lineup but probably enough there so far to keep me interested. Definitely feels like a downgrade on last year and the price hike is a bit excessive, it'll be interesting to see the discount given for last year's ticket holders.

I do wonder if they've missed out on a lot of bands if the rumours of Blink at R&L and FOB at DL are true and they festivals have booked the usual SD bands to cater more to the headline bands for a day.

I think Green Day have taken Rancid for their tour and expecting them to be announced on a UK run as well. That run needs to be early summer though to coincide which I feel they'll be doing the like of Werchter so will be. I had doubts over Rancid when GD announced the tour as last time they kept as many together as possible with TSP naturally the exception that won't happen this time.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Nice to Michu said:

When you compare this to the stacked 2019 card 🤷‍♂️

Surprised we didn’t see Hot Milk or Hot Mull on the announcement.

I'd imagine them not being announced means Trees has them both. Not that they're against sharing bands. I did see the guy who books Trees at Hot Mulligan and Spanish Love Songs in Bristol.

1 hour ago, sacred shape said:

£98 for the discount tickets from going last year. £10 off early bird and £20 off GA. Still not sure the lineup is worth £98 atm though

I'd pay £60 for it probably and then I just wouldn't. I would entertainment 4 acts on the lineup, two of which I saw in the last few years on the same stage. 

• Downvote 1

It's poor in general and the price is high. They won't sell out and can see it struggle so I may see if I can get a cheap ticket closer to the time, mainly for the The Interrupters stage.

Download will have a Fall Out Boy day, R&L will have a Blink-182 day and Green Day are going to be touring and day tickets will be cheaper than SD. Offspring are at Download so if they're on FOB day that's me sorted. Avril Lavigne will likely show up at one of them which would be a good time. I think SD are very much at the mercy of other shows and people having limited choice so hopefully they don't pay too heavy a price for it. 

I wasn't going to be able to make this year anyway as we're going on holiday but kind of relieved based on the lineup. There's nobody "bad" but nobody that's setting my world on fire. 

I'm keen to see Sum 41 again before they break up forever (slag book and goon crew 4eva) and if we don't get glastonbury tickets I'll be tempted to look at Download. 

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, slamtastic said:

new artists announced next week.

who we betting on?

I honestly can’t think of who we’ll get. Download have probably got most of what I may have expected and there’s not loads from other festivals in Europe that we could see coming. Maybe James and the Cold Gun, Underoath and Hot Milk? Would like to see Higher Power announced. Soft Play would be cool too but think they’re more likely for R&L. 

Who is everyone hoping for/expecting?