Elton v Fred clash poll

gfa

Elton John v Fred Again clash  

319 members have voted

1. 1. If they were to clash who would win for you?

• Elton John
    • Fred Again
    • Probably wouldn't see either

55 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

You’ll never get a chance to see Elton on the greatest stage in the world ever again.

If Fred Again is the messiah that everyone seems to think he is then you’ll get to see him as many times as you want for years to come, both at Glastonbury and elsewhere. His show at Glastonbury won’t be anything better or different to the other shows he’ll be doing this summer, whereas Elton on the Pyramid cannot be replicated.

When Elton is dead and Fred is the new disclosure, who will you regret having missed?

Yep this. If Fred again will be around for ever then there'll be plenty of opportunities to see him in the future. Elton is a one and done. 

If Fred delivers a Boiler Room type experience, he’d be worthy of consideration. But his albums have two or three great tracks and the rest are skips. Footage of his live gigs I’ve seen recently have looked very average to me. He’s probably someone I’d see if there were no clashes. 

21 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Is there a specific reason this is a question? Is Fred Again rumoured for the Sunday or just a bit of idle speculation?

I don't think there's any specific info for Fred on Sunday, but it's some peoples worst case scenario I think.

Maybe thinking it's a similar booking to last years Sunday, Bicep?

23 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Is there a specific reason this is a question? Is Fred Again rumoured for the Sunday or just a bit of idle speculation?

vs. GNR or AM would be a very boring poll on this forum, we already know there's loads not interested in them where Fred is very popular

55 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Better to put Fred on against the Arctic Monkeys. Feels like a Friday night vibe.

I agree - bicep suited sunday but fred is that first day of proper music hype

12 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

vs. GNR or AM would be a very boring poll on this forum, we already know there's loads not interested in them where Fred is very popular

I don't know, I think it would be interesting. These boards can seem very skewed one way because that is what the most vocal are thinking, whereas some people who are more lurkers/occasional posters may have a different view. Big names are easier to shoot down too.

I've no interest in the Fred fella so stay out of the topic, I can't see the point in going into a thread on a specific artist I don't like to tell a load of people who do like them that they are wrong (though I may have done it in the past before someone goes looking). GnR mainly being discussed in the headliners thread means you are going to get more people having a pop. 

Whatever the outcome of a poll on here, come the festival, if GnR are up against Fred Again on The Other or West Holts, the much bigger crowd will be at the Pyramid. 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I think Fred will be against GNR but tbh I could see myself going for a bit of Elton then leaving to Fred.

Can’t really say I’m a gigantic fan of Fred, but he’s clearly an act on to gigantic things. Might as well see him now.

So you'd see someone you're not a big fan of purely cos they're seemingly gonna be a bigger deal in the future? Seems a completely bizarre way of looking at things. Especially when talking about missing the end of a musical legend's Glastonbury debut and last ever gig. Mental.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Agreed except bold

would pick prodigy over fred too

Probably less into dance music vs overall attendees? Made this poll on a bit of a whim after reading the talk in thread again but now feel a bit silly!

I'd say this forum is more into dance music vs overall. The SE corner gets a lot of discussion here but reality is that it can maybe fit, what, 20k at most? 10% of those on site? I'd say well over half of festival punters never make it there (other than maybe a curious wonder round during the day) - possibly even much higher.

Whereas in this forum the majority view is it's a major draw.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

I think part idle speculation and part terror that Fred might clash with Elton.  They might have to bump Fred downwards to a smaller stage than WH the way this is going, or maybe if he's supporting on Other/WH then people will be able to see both.

I've got Fred included in what I'm listening to at the moment, not personally seeing the cause of the hype yet but plenty of time...

11 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

I'd say this forum is more into dance music vs overall. The SE corner gets a lot of discussion here but reality is that it can maybe fit, what, 20k at most? 10% of those on site? I'd say well over half of festival punters never make it there (other than maybe a curious wonder round during the day) - possibly even much higher.

Whereas in this forum the majority view is it's a major draw.

See years passim when people were confidently predicting that acts like Stormzy, Adele and Beyonce would play to empty fields.