Self Confirms 2023

Gnomicide

Individually I like all of those things. I'll leave it at that.

EDIT: was going to say odd that they didn't mention Andy Bell's role in, you know, his main band that he's known for.

Also, is Starkey a "90s legend"?

Edited by Quark

13 hours ago, Quark said:

Individually I like all of those things. I'll leave it at that.

EDIT: was going to say odd that they didn't mention Andy Bell's role in, you know, his main band that he's known for.

Also, is Starkey a "90s legend"?

It's an MSN repost of a Daily Mail article. Most of those readers have not heard of RIDE, but have heard of all the other acts mentioned.

Incidentally, Andy Bell's debut solo album from a couple of years ago was pretty good. Somehow, I only just realised he recorded a second one last year.

Edit: no, Starkey is not a 90s legend, but he did have quite a good reputation as a touring drummer the next decade. To be honest, there's shit loads of great musicians around joining existing bands and playing live* with them, but since they don't have a famous dad, nobody has heard of them.

* I'm sure he's done recording too, but I'm not aware of a single Zak Starkey drum part in a classic song.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

27 minutes ago, Olshansky said:

Katy J Pearson told me tonight that she'll be there , but the only gig she's playing is a 'secret solo set' in a one of the tents. 

Ooooh. That's exciting! I'll defo be there for her for that. Need to get some intel! Just loved her set on Park last year. 

Ben

Just had a little listen to Lisa O'Neil while I've been getting ready this morning after seeing the recommendations on the thread. Was enjoying it and thinking, yeh this could be a great set to have a sit down and chill of an afternoon. Then the kids came in and said, "mummy can you turn this music off its really annoying." So that's a no then....

9 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Incidentally, Andy Bell's debut solo album from a couple of years ago was pretty good. Somehow, I only just realised he recorded a second one last year.

I like the fact that he did one that was vaguely RIDE-ish, then thought "bored now" and did some bleepy electronica. Enjoyed both tbh!

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

If indeed this is true then it’s a massive case of the festival disappearing up its own arse.

Fucking rubbish.

Extra £50 a ticket / £6million overall and the ship looks like it’s sinking.

That's a bit of a reach, Joey. We don't know the reasons why yet. I get that he's become a festival staple but it's Mik Artistik