Blur

jannybruck

24 minutes ago, churlie100 said:

hahaha Jockstrap performing to 80,000 Blur nostalgia fans is going to be fun.

For Reference

I like the sound of these. I was put off by the band name but that sounds great. I won't be there though. The cost of getting there etc on top of those ticket prices is way too much for me. 

Just now, gfa said:

Shock horror Suprefan comes to defend ridiculous pricing in the middle of the cost of living crisis.

piss off

Its more that you need things to be priced at your level or any artist is stealing from you if its "too high". Again, you want artists themselves to not make a living when they make next to nothing from streaming and album sales now so gigs are the only source of income. It aint just Blur getting a paycheck here. 

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

3 support acts that arent no name pub bands. Those artists have to make a living also or you need a ticket for a fiver and thats the only way youll go? How about this is also the best price they could do it because everything costs so much to produce nowadays. And youre not even going to be the victim of dynamic pricing so count your lucky stars. But youll gladly pay 100 if they do a warm up at Brixton right?

Have you ever considered just fucking off?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 7

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

I like the sound of these. I was put off by the band name but that sounds great. I won't be there though. The cost of getting there etc on top of those ticket prices is way too much for me. 

Yeah, that's another key factor. For the cost of return travel from the south west, a London hotel and the actual ticket I could've paid my Glastonbury ticket off 

3 minutes ago, leath02 said:

@gfa Obviously it's expensive. I would argue maybe that they should have the Standing £101 price as the Golden Price, and then work down the tiers from there

But you'd probably pay £30 to see either Slow Thai or Self Esteem on their own

If it was £101 for standing no gold circle that would be fine, not great but fine (obviously £100 is a mental barrier). Gold circle is straight up greedy and never justifiable in my mind and I really thought Blur weren't about that.

2 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Its more that you need things to be priced at your level or any artist is stealing from you if its "too high". Again, you want artists themselves to not make a living when they make next to nothing from streaming and album sales now so gigs are the only source of income. It aint just Blur getting a paycheck here. 

Green Day toured with FOB and Weezer, both bigger artists than Slowthai or Self Esteem (FOB especially) and weren't charging as much.

If Blur are struggling (no doubt they are not), maybe they should do more than one show!!

Edited by gfa
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, leath02 said:

@gfa Obviously it's expensive. I would argue maybe that they should have the Standing £101 price as the Golden Price, and then work down the tiers from there

But you'd probably pay £30 to see either Slow Thai or Self Esteem on their own

You're not getting a full show as a support though are you? They'll get what, 45-60 minutes each?

Stadium gigs are expensive now, I get that. Think it's the £150 golden circle that's really got my goat.

1 minute ago, gfa said:

If it was £101 for standing no gold circle that would be fine, not great but fine (obviously £100 is a mental barrier). Gold circle is straight up greedy and never justifiable in my mind and I really thought Blur weren't about that.

Green Day toured with FOB and Weezer, both bigger artists than Slowthai or Self Esteem (FOB especially) and weren't charging as much.

If Blur are struggling (no doubt they are not), maybe they should do more than one show!!

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

You're not getting a full show as a support though are you? They'll get what, 45-60 minutes each?

Stadium gigs are expensive now, I get that. Think it's the £150 golden circle that's really got my goat.

Yeah think we can all agree the Golden Circle is taking the biscuit 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

Have you ever considered just fucking off?

Have you ever considered just not going to the gig and stopped bickering? Its been an endless cycle of things costing more money right now and we know why its happening. We've all been anticipating this but apparently when its actually happening there has to be some magical immunity with a handful of gigs when it comes to your own wallet. Pay or dont go. Somebody will buy that ticket up anyway.

I would say the only criticism is there wasnt one lower price point at £40 ish. Even U2 know to have those tickets for their  stadium tours. Other than that, its priced at whats expected in the current market. But I guess only the elites are going to this gig.

14 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Let’s have Blur Vs The Prodigy Sunday night, so we can relive 2009 and I can make the correct choice this time. 

😂 Same

Hearing "ALL MY PRODIGY WARRIORS" 57 times rather than experiencing Tender is a big regret. It's not even like The Prodigy aren't fucking great, but christ. Error.

Really not sure whether to take them literally that this is the absolute only gig - if it is just the one I'd probably see what I could do about somehow getting Thursday Springsteen tickets and hopefully not losing too much money with neither of his dates being sold out. But no way of knowing til after these go on sale.

Really wishing I'd waited to book Springsteen as I'd rather see Blur

12 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yeah, that's another key factor. For the cost of return travel from the south west, a London hotel and the actual ticket I could've paid my Glastonbury ticket off 

Yep it's a shame there isn't a few more dates. If there was one in the North West I'd possibly even suck up those prices but cost of train fares for 2, hotel and dog sitting would make it as expensive as Glastonbury. 

4 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

Not a chance Blur are doing a secret set on anything but Pyramid tbh, crowding was bad enough for Wet Leg at Park.

Yep after the amount of moaning about Wet leg who are nowhere near as big and were advertised there's no way that Blur are doing a secret set there. Secret sets just aren't that secret any more. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Have you ever considered just not going to the gig and stopped bickering? Its been an endless cycle of things costing more money right now and we know why its happening. We've all been anticipating this but apparently when its actually happening there has to be some magical immunity with a handful of gigs when it comes to your own wallet. Pay or dont go. Somebody will buy that ticket up anyway.

I would say the only criticism is there wasnt one lower price point at £40 ish. Even U2 know to have those tickets for their  stadium tours. Other than that, its priced at whats expected in the current market. But I guess only the elites are going to this gig.

I don't want "magical immunity" I just don't want the prospect of £150 for golden circle.