Other Stage Headliners

airwaves

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

So, The Prodigy, Fred Again, QOTSA for this then (in that order, imo) if we’re going off our best guesses?

The whole diversity stuff would be out the window if that ends up correct, no female acts headlining the Pyramid or the Other.

7 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

I hope it's that order!!! 

Worrying Prodigy clashes with EJ

I think purely based on the type of act they are, they'd have to be either Friday or Saturday. We'd hardly be able to handle the Prodigy on a Glasto Sunday night!

5 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

The whole diversity stuff would be out the window if that ends up correct, no female acts headlining the Pyramid or the Other.

I think purely based on the type of act they are, they'd have to be either Friday or Saturday. We'd hardly be able to handle the Prodigy on a Glasto Sunday night!

Chems headlined Other on Sunday 2015

On 11/17/2022 at 1:54 PM, Sorcha17 said:

Paramore could be the Other headliner rather than the Pyramid sub people are saying they could be

I think a different spot to Other sub is likely. They would just be so different to other Pyramid subs but they don't have a gap big enough. I can see 2024 but not this year.

25 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

@Mezhyp1 has mentioned in the electronic thread that he’s been told Fred Again is headlining this. I was very much expecting him to be on Holts, but I guess given how fast he’s gone from nothing to household electronic name it’s not too surprising that they’d give him the big gig given he’ll undoubtedly fill the field. 

I think it's too early for him myself. But if he does it then Friday for me. I don't see him getting the prime Saturday slot or the closing slot. And with Guns, people may benefit from a pop act opposite rather than a dance act. Just Macca, because people don't like the older or classic rock act, doesn't mean they'll straight like dance instead. 

I think the dance act works much better against an indie rock act as it brings genres back to a familiar background if that makes sense.

18 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

Wasn’t there some info that Fred Again will be joined by Skrillex and Four Tet, Skrillex alone could easily headline other, although I guess all three together would be more likely to be on Arcadia? (With Fred on other on his own and them maybe popping up as guests)

Not now he couldn't 

24 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

So, The Prodigy, Fred Again, QOTSA for this then (in that order, imo) if we’re going off our best guesses?

20 minutes ago, sisco said:

That seems the most likely in my head however someone mentioned Sam Smith too (plus again lack of female acts).  But yeah… I’d go with it

I'm going to this to the weight of QOTSA subbing Arctics and Sam Smith joining Fred and The Prodigy. Mostly as I can see the argument for QUEENS not being against those headliners though I still say Elton would be fine. I think the festival would rather split the dance acts though.

So I'll go Fred Again, Sam Smith/Doja Cat and The Prodigy.

Queens, Doja Cat/Sam Smith and Pulp subbing main. Sam Smith isn't your kinda alternative rapper like act so he would comfortably fit on Pyramid sub and people will know him. If he does though, you have to think that Arctics or Elton have a female sub. Don't see them going for 1 female act only in a top 9 including Other.

Edited by thewayiam

6 minutes ago, HamishA. said:

Imo absolutely no way Fred Again headlines the Other this year, in any way shape or form. WH headliner, Arcadia with Fourtet and Skrillex, and popping up down the rabbit hole/naughty corner late night set is my bet 

Yeah, this is where I am with it. If Fred is headlining the Other, it means first choices have either dropped out or turned it down. There are plenty of acts more suited and deserving of the slot before Fred, and I say that as a fan

The diversity thing might be a problem with those three headliners yeah… but if the Fred Again info is true, it wouldn’t at all surprise me to learn he was stepping in for an act who’s dropped out, as I don’t believe that he’d have been the first choice when they first started putting the lineup together.

But it could also be a case that 1. The info is wrong, or 2. QOTSA aren’t on Other anymore as they could easily be on before Arctics or Elton (not GnR assuming Neil’s Lizzo/Capaldi info is true), or, y’know, just not playing at all. 

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

One of The Prodigy or QOTSA may just not be on the cards.

Be surprising if The Prodigy are out given they were lined up for ‘20 and their history with the festival. Seems like a total no brainer booking. QOTSA could have moved to sub or been dropped entirely though yeah, so I’m gonna go with that.

QOTSA subbing Arctics seems like another no-brainer tbh so just have that happen and everything fits together nicely.

Is there a reason people keep predicting Sam Smith as a Other headliner other than them being non-binary/inclusive? Not to say it isn’t a possibility - just wondering if there’s something I’ve missed?

33 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

QOTSA subbing Arctics seems like another no-brainer tbh so just have that happen and everything fits together nicely.

Yeah, especially as this is the case a week later in Belgium at Rock Werchter. Add Royal Blood as 3rd down and you'd make a lot of people (not necessarily efests) very happy.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

What female acts are touring around Glastonbury that could feasibly be Pyramid sub or Other headline? Lizzo for sure. Halsey? 

I think Becky Hill would be a great shout for Saturday night Other headliner. She has been pulling in huge festival crowds and would make a great alternative for people looking for a night of dance bangers. Several festivals had to close stages off last year because of the size of her crowd.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

I think Becky Hill would be a great shout for Saturday night Other headliner. She has been pulling in huge festival crowds and would make a great alternative for people looking for a night of dance bangers. Several festivals had to close stages off last year because of the size of her crowd.

More likely for daytime Pyramid/Other slot than headlining a stage imo.

47 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Is there a reason people keep predicting Sam Smith as a Other headliner other than them being non-binary/inclusive? Not to say it isn’t a possibility - just wondering if there’s something I’ve missed?

I’m sure I read someone saying there was info on them headlining Other a couple of months ago but I don’t know where the info came from. I think they make more sense for it this year than QOTSA, who seem perfect for an Arctic Monkeys sub as you say. 

Is it fair to say the general consensus is that QOTSA, Lewis Capaldi, Lizzo, Pulp, Sam Smith, Fred Again… and The Prodigy are all expected to play this year? I feel like there’s usually a big act that we’re expecting who doesn’t turn up (maybe Pulp?) and I think a curveball sub could happen too, though I’ve got no idea who.

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I’m sure I read someone saying there was info on them headlining Other a couple of months ago but I don’t know where the info came from. I think they make more sense for it this year than QOTSA, who seem perfect for an Arctic Monkeys sub as you say. 

Is it fair to say the general consensus is that QOTSA, Lewis Capaldi, Lizzo, Pulp, Sam Smith, Fred Again… and The Prodigy are all expected to play this year? I feel like there’s usually a big act that we’re expecting who doesn’t turn up (maybe Pulp?) and I think a curveball sub could happen too, though I’ve got no idea who.

I don’t think Pulp are gonna be there myself but I hope I’m wrong on that.

QOTSA > AM 

Capaldi > Lizzo > GnR

Pulp > Elton

That’d be a sweet top of the Pyramid for me (Capaldi ignored).

2 hours ago, Jose Pose said:

Wasn’t there some info that Fred Again will be joined by Skrillex and Four Tet, Skrillex alone could easily headline other, although I guess all three together would be more likely to be on Arcadia? (With Fred on other on his own and them maybe popping up as guests)

Not in 2023. Lets see how the album goes but right now hes very irrelevant in the UK. All 3 definitely could if together.

They are about to announce 5 shows in nyc together ala the london trio last weekend. Some larger venues though I think, not just 1-2k ish ones

----

Mezyhp said that Fred info - can't say they sounded too sure on it. I think i'll be holding off on jumping to any conclusions as of yet. Seems definite he's on the farm now at least after they completely missed out on getting him last year