Resale Club 2023

Jack.194

3 minutes ago, DavidFriio said:

The entitlement on display from some on here whining about not getting lucky in what is the fairest possible system.   No doubt the same ones who have been 20 years in a row (and crying about how the festival has sold out or some such bollocks) - let others have their chance ffs 🤣

It's not entitlement to point out that the new system is less fair.

Without needing up front payment anyone can enter any details and off they go. It's a much less fairer system, I'm surprised people seem to struggle to comprehend this.

Just now, Traco said:

I'm still holding - just letting do its thing. No hope I reckon but will let it run

It's over - I was on the booking screen which said "All tickets have been allocated" and was refreshing that - which is as far as I got for friends (my own two having gone back in the pot due to baby due just a couple weeks before!).

Now the event page has been totally removed.

10 minutes ago, Isaact said:

To be totally fair it would be a ballot.

The current system is still gameable - if you have social media clout you can recruit help. Influencers will have a better chance of getting tickets.

I get that but if they have social media clout they would also effectively have to dox themselves to do this as everyone would have their postcode

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kurosagi said:

Agree that it should be open to all, but also agree that it should be a truly equal chance for everyone which is why an offline raffle gets my vote.

Honestly, this is like saying "I am happy to go one year in five, as long as I can save a bit of stress on ticket day."

5 minutes ago, ProperTea said:

I didn't get through either, but to be fair think this way of doing things is much less stressful. I got through to the payment page 5 times in the main sale in November, at least this way there was none of that massive adrenaline rush and then disappointment/anger when the payment failed. 

It's still kind of happening. I got through to the coach departure selection page on Thursday serveral times before it crapped out. This morning, I got all the way to final page with our reg details in, choose if you want a water bottle etc, then it crapped out clicking 'proceed'.

It's so cruel.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Ah well I had a good run. Maybe I’ll spend the £400 I would’ve used for a ticket on 100 chocolate bars…

1. Buy all that chocolate

2. Get amazing at chocolate sculpting using said supplies

3. Get your own chocolate sculpting TV show and rise to stardom

4. Get rich

5. Buy a hospitality ticket or get invited by the Eavii for your incredible talent

You can do it!

• Upvote 1

First time I've never gotten one, the system has not been broken until this year, where I've now decided it is 🤣

In seriousness I think this system would only work for the resale as it requires a full balance payment for all of the tickets.  The main sale should either remain how it was for the first sale or turn into a ballot system for all sales where you pay deposits upfront to reduce chancers.  You can only enter the ballot once and you can be in groups of up to 6.

I think any other way benefits computer nerds

Just now, lukemack said:

Hopefully, the festival might just allocate more hospitality tickets though  make alot more money that way

Good point. Fingers crossed for everyone that there is a resale or two but yeah, could go either way. 

I was lucky enough to get tickets in the main sale but was trying for friends today, to no avail.

The system is fair, I’d rather this than get booted off the payment page multiple times. 

Today has simply made me realise that we’ll have to start looking at alternatives because failing to get tickets is going to happen to all of us sooner rather than later. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, sime said:

Some payments may fail within the 24 hour payment window and some people may decide, on reflection, that they don't want to pay all that money for a ticket, which could possibly lead to some secret resales. 

Can't see it myself. Why would they get up early on a Sunday and put themselves through this. And then put the ticket back in the pot a few days later. I think the term is 'clutching at straws'.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, briddj said:

I've been told there was only 2k tickets in the resale. Blimey.

Insane if true. I think those two years of no Glastonbury have made tickets even more of a sought after thing now and people realise they’d be insane to let them go outside of their hand being forced.

3 minutes ago, FrankieX said:

One likely difference if this payment system is used in the next main sale is that it will be the quickest Glastonbury sale on record. The server load from taking 10,000s of card transactions simultaneously, the tickets going back into the pot after the page times out, and the payment issues some banks might have all contributed to make these things last longer. Take them away, and I could see it being done and dusted in 15 minutes.

Especially as everyone will be using bots with such a simple system. Might be over in 2 seconds. 

Going to make the most of this year as I feel it's a lot more likely that it'll be a few years before going back. 

As much as I'm personally gutted about this, it's 100% the right thing.

It's never been fair that we've all been able to get through because of persistence and therefore the same people go every year. 

To truly meet demand and secure the future of the festival, it needs this 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hacky said:

The main sale should either remain how it was for the first sale or turn into a ballot system for all sales where you pay deposits upfront to reduce chancers.  You can only enter the ballot once and you can be in groups of up to 6.

Yep this. Like this.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

1. Buy all that chocolate

2. Get amazing at chocolate sculpting using said supplies

3. Get your own chocolate sculpting TV show and rise to stardom

4. Get rich

5. Buy a hospitality ticket or get invited by the Eavii for your incredible talent

You can do it!

Damn, went to buy more and it’s all gone. Guess I better put all my hope in to the five I ordered a couple of days ago.