Resale Club 2023

Jack.194

1 minute ago, st dan said:

I feel like the new system just encourages loads of extra traffic that makes it much more difficult. Those who aren't even that bothered about going but may as well try and have 24 hours to decide etc. Loads of people helping for their mates etc. There is no advantage to any extra prep.

As always, if you were successful the system seems fair, and if you're not then it doesn't work. Sadly I'm in the latter camp again!

It makes bots very viable unfortunately. Not having to run any payment details or authorisations makes it a bot farms dream

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, st dan said:

I feel like the new system just encourages loads of extra traffic that makes it much more difficult. Those who aren't even that bothered about going but may as well try and have 24 hours to decide etc. Loads of people helping for their mates etc. There is no advantage to any extra prep.

As always, if you were successful the system seems fair, and if you're not then it doesn't work. Sadly I'm in the latter camp again!

I didn't get through either, but to be fair think this way of doing things is much less stressful. I got through to the payment page 5 times in the main sale in November, at least this way there was none of that massive adrenaline rush and then disappointment/anger when the payment failed. 

The new system seems much fairer / less stressful. If you do get through to the point of entering your registration number you haven't got the extra faff of putting in your payment details or it failing at the last step. Very disappointing for people who were not successful but it's simply demand. The actual ticket sale process is probably the fairest system there is. None of this dynamite ticketing nonsense, tickets are all the same price and no tickets being sold on secondary ticket sites afterwards. It's simply a case of clicking the link and hoping for the best. Could not be fairer. It could be the worst line up ever and would still sell out in minutes. So many people want to attend these days and that number will simply increase year on year. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Peroni said:

Yeah the odd seems stacked against, vs the strongest prevailing.  I think last years 22 2nd resale had an unannounced coach sale about 20 mins later.... so will probably try for next 30 mins or so.

really ? that's the first I've heard about this!

Just now, Havors said:

It makes bots very viable unfortunately. Not having to run any payment details or authorisations makes it a bot farms dream

My thoughts exactly- by removing the payment stage / authentication it now just seems you just need to run code that will enter 2 bits of info, and anyone techy and/or rich enough could have thousands of bots doing that. At least the old system often rewarded perseverance.

(I have a ticket, btw, but a bunch of us were trying for friends and never got past holding).

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ProperTea said:

I didn't get through either, but to be fair think this way of doing things is much less stressful. I got through to the payment page 5 times in the main sale in November, at least this way there was none of that massive adrenaline rush and then disappointment/anger when the payment failed. 

Same, had banking details page crash twice on me in November...that was way more brutal...this way I just feel pretty meh.

Some payments may fail within the 24 hour payment window and some people may decide, on reflection, that they don't want to pay all that money for a ticket, which could possibly lead to some secret resales. 

The entitlement on display from some on here whining about not getting lucky in what is the fairest possible system.   No doubt the same ones who have been 20 years in a row (and crying about how the festival has sold out or some such bollocks) - let others have their chance ffs 🤣

• Upvote 1

There's been years of people saying ' remove the payment bit because that's crashed for me' now they have, it goes quicker and people are still upset. Which is understandable. The fact of the matter is, no matter how 'fair' they make it, people will always lose out.

1 minute ago, DavidFriio said:

The entitlement on display from some on here whining about not getting lucky in what is the fairest possible system.   No doubt the same ones who have been 20 years in a row (and crying about how the festival has sold out or some such bollocks) - let others have their chance ffs 🤣

Agree that it should be open to all, but also agree that it should be a truly equal chance for everyone which is why an offline raffle gets my vote.

2 minutes ago, sime said:

Some payments may fail within the 24 hour payment window and some people may decide, on reflection, that they don't want to pay all that money for a ticket, which could possibly lead to some secret resales. 

Hopefully, the festival might just allocate more hospitality tickets though  make alot more money that way

One likely difference if this payment system is used in the next main sale is that it will be the quickest Glastonbury sale on record. The server load from taking 10,000s of card transactions simultaneously, the tickets going back into the pot after the page times out, and the payment issues some banks might have all contributed to make these things last longer. Take them away, and I could see it being done and dusted in 15 minutes.