Resale Club 2023

Jack.194

2 minutes ago, incident said:

Stating the obvious here, but precedent suggests that whichever intern is monitoring their social media won't actually know and so any answer you get back can't be trusted to be correct. Plenty examples of them assuming something and it being wrong in reality, most recently in the Campervan sale when their social media assured people it wasn't possible to buy more than one ticket.

You're right.....I've raised enquiry with Cust Services against my existing ticket ref though so hopefully might get someone a bit more clued up.

We're going to be the guinea pigs to see if the new non payment method can be utilised for the main sale. I fully expect this to be very quick indeed and plenty resorting to page monitoring in the event of secret sales taking place ater the 24 hour window to pay.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Fingerbobs said:

We're going to be the guinea pigs to see if the new non payment method can be utilised for the main sale. I fully expect this to be very quick indeed and plenty resorting to page monitoring in the event of secret sales taking place ater the 24 hour window to pay.

Yeah, if this works then I can see it being used in future main sales too.

It is unfair that people have got through and missed out due to a bank issue they can’t control. This would avoid that.

I think it would also increase the number who try to see if they can and then decide straight away not to, so could increase the resale pot.

1 minute ago, Colorblindjames said:

"A very limited number of tickets"

Does this indicate a lot less than previous years?

Just setting expectations most likely. There will still be people asking how they managed to get no tickets over 2 different onsales.

4 minutes ago, t0paz said:

Yeah, if this works then I can see it being used in future main sales too.

It is unfair that people have got through and missed out due to a bank issue they can’t control. This would avoid that.

I think it would also increase the number who try to see if they can and then decide straight away not to, so could increase the resale pot.

100% would increase the resale pot. 

Current system all tickets get sold 100% vs at least some tickets will be left like this - especially with no deposit taken.

Given people will be paying after they get a ticket in October could see this being the foundation for payment plans / paying it in full in October if you want to.

12 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

"A very limited number of tickets"

Does this indicate a lot less than previous years?

I suspect it's expectation management. 

I have a longstanding belief that any event should advertise the exact number of tickets available for any sale/presale etc before they happen in the interests of transparency, but that would be in the interests of punters not ticket sellers so will never happen. 

5 minutes ago, collectivisedfarming said:

I suspect it's expectation management. 

I have a longstanding belief that any event should advertise the exact number of tickets available for any sale/presale etc before they happen in the interests of transparency, but that would be in the interests of punters not ticket sellers so will never happen. 

I think a lower number of tickets would attract people that would not care to even go if tickets were in abundance.

I welcome the 24 hour payment window. The FOMO people get the thrill of succeeding and then have a few hours think about whether they really want to go.

2 minutes ago, king_oxymoron said:

While I can’t argue that it’s unfair (it isnt) I definitely think this is the start of the end of being able to get tickets through sheer resilience. It makes it even more of a luck game. 

They won't get a more diverse audience (and therefore be able to put on a more diverse lineup including headliners) if they don't change the audience I guess. Means a lot of us won't get chance to go every year, but that's probably not fair anyway

Edited by efcfanwirral
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

ah but was the throttling to make it not go so quick, or because too many payments at once broke the site?

They've been artificially throttling to achieve a desired sell out time for over 10 years now - most of that being before the change to implement SCA which is what introduced all the extra load.

You can now “game” the system pretty easily based on your popularity. This was limited before because you either had to share payment details, or strangers had to trust you’d pay them back.

Now, say you had a social following, get a load of them to try on your behalf and your chances increase markedly. I think we’ll see people sharing their reg details everywhere online as a result.

Edit: predicted end result for seetickets is an extremely large increase in initial traffic, causing just as many problem as they had with the payment funnel being overwhelmed. 

Edited by Radiochicken

Just now, Radiochicken said:

You can now “game” the system pretty easily based on your popularity. This was limited before because you either had to share payment details, or strangers had to trust you’d pay them back.

Now, say you had a social following, get a load of them to try on your behalf and your chances increase markedly. I think we’ll see people sharing their reg details everywhere online as a result.

What was the issue where people get locked out - is that when somebody has already got them but a group tries with them included afterwards? And that locks out the group that tried? Can't remember what the issue was - I only read about it. Anyone?

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

What was the issue where people get locked out - is that when somebody has already got them but a group tries with them included afterwards? And that locks out the group that tried? Can't remember what the issue was - I only read about it. Anyone?

That used to happen but now they just highlight the one(s) that have already had a ticket bought for them and you can delete that line and move on.