Resale Club 2023

Jack.194

8 minutes ago, incident said:

Yes that's exactly what it is.

SCA tripped them up big time in the November sales, especially the Main Sale, to the extent that it's thought there was 10 minutes or so where no transactions went through (and loads of people reported getting tickets after the "sold out" messages went up, after failed transactions were released back into the pool).

I think anyone looking for a deeper reason than that probably isn't going to find one.

I would imagine outside of the real fanatics on here and on Twitter, no one has even noticed this change (nor will they they if it changes for the main sale). 

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Two scenarios:

1. Lead booker has to pay all of the tickets (this is more likely with the main sale, as its just deposits not entire ticket price i.e. a lot) - randomer isn't going to put all that money down for someone on a whim

2. Everyone pays separately - random person who entered someone else's details isn't even going to get any kind of confirmation email are they? Ticket buyer says "Actually Bob got mine not you, no finder's fee for you sorry."

I can't see this being as big an issue as some are making out. Timed out payments is certainly a much larger issue.

And in theory they have the technology to do 2 already - it's just reusing the facility that does the balance payments but adding the additional £50. That would be the smart way to do it and involves much less faff with individuals spending huge sums. Though possibly quadruples the numbers of declined cards, fraud, etc! 

1 hour ago, StoneCircle said:

It has already been tested by people who have booked either car parking or a campervan pass for the Accessible area. I didn't hear of any issues with the system. 😃

Good to hear it has worked previously and hope this continues to be the case 👍

1 hour ago, mufcok said:

So hard to say with numbers. A good few of ours have dropped out.

I sorted 2 mates in the resale last year pretty easily, but I feel like last year was an anomaly - given the time that had passed since the original sale

Surely last year would have been more difficult due to time lapse between 2019 and 2022?

I didn`t have to try in the resale as I got one in the main sale in 2019 so not sure.

3 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

I don’t like this, feels like it benefits the lesser organised

Agree

3 hours ago, goonerben said:

The more I think about the new payment system, the more it sucks. 

Technologically it's a step backwards, and a lot of gymnasics to avoid the obvious answer of building the tech capacity to do payments in real time.

Also risks being massively unfair - what stops people with a decent following, offering a finders' fee to anybody who can put a booking through on their reg?  So we are effectively now into auctioning tickets, with none of the "premium" going to Glastonbury or the charity partners.  If you have a following and can offer a finders' fee, welcome to the party!  

Fair point but the tech capacity of doing it in real time just might not be possible / realistic for seetickets.

2 hours ago, mufcok said:

I went to get a Chemical Brothers ticket on Ticketmaster last week - £65, £17 of which was fees. Sacked it off, beyond ridiculous

I don't like Ticketmaster as much as the next person but this is straight up not true. Here's my order:

image.png.0ca269585fe7de7346e7a6832fe58402.png

£9 each with 4 people. £2.50+2.75+5.80 is just over £11. Hardly £17 of fees that.

7 minutes ago, gfa said:

Agree

Fair point but the tech capacity of doing it in real time just might not be possible / realistic for seetickets.

I don't like Ticketmaster as much as the next person but this is straight up not true. Here's my order:

image.png.0ca269585fe7de7346e7a6832fe58402.png

£9 each with 4 people. £2.50+2.75+5.80 is just over £11. Hardly £17 of fees that.

I can assure you it is. I was only ordering one for myself, so I don't know if that changes things? I've even gone back to my message in a group I'm in from the morning of the sale (general, not pre-sale) and it was £16 fees. So £16, not £17.

I selected standing in Manchester will the full intention of buying - the breakdown said £49 for the ticket then gave me the breakdown of fees which came to £16. If it read like yours does - I probably would have just bought the ticket.

Edited by mufcok

5 minutes ago, JB3 said:

Surely last year would have been more difficult due to time lapse between 2019 and 2022?

I didn`t have to try in the resale as I got one in the main sale in 2019 so not sure.

Yeah, depends which way you look at it I guess.

my thinking was that people's circumstances may have changed a lot over those 3 years. Who knows

6 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Yeah, depends which way you look at it I guess.

my thinking was that people's circumstances may have changed a lot over those 3 years. Who knows

Definitely would have been more tickets available than usual in the resale last year - three years is a huge amount of time for people's circumstances to change.

3 minutes ago, duke88 said:

Definitely would have been more tickets available than usual in the resale last year - three years is a huge amount of time for people's circumstances to change.

anecdotal and ive posted this a few times so apologies for repetition .... glastobation ran a poll with 5000 responses and 17% was the return rate this year ..... previously same poll had been at 12% returns  for previous 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, mufcok said:

I can assure you it is. I was only ordering one for myself, so I don't know if that changes things? I've even gone back to my message in a group I'm in from the morning of the sale (general, not pre-sale) and it was £16 fees. So £16, not £17.

I selected standing in Manchester will the full intention of buying - the breakdown said £49 for the ticket then gave me the breakdown of fees which came to £16. If it read like yours does - I probably would have just bought the ticket.

I wrote it and meant to delete the straight up not true thing! See etc are not much better anyway, maybe a pound or two at best.

^^ huge amount of success last year, 70/71 or something ridiculous like that for resale in the group i'm in

35 minutes ago, JB3 said:

Last year was relatively easier to get resale tickets , success rate on here was high,  I reckon folks circumstances both personal and financial had changed over the covid years and prevented them going. This year maybe different,   It’s obvious see tickets have recognised the problem with authorising bank payments and made this change to the system.  

anyway best of luck to all on here who are trying!🤞

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

Judging by Glastobation's poll, there could be about 29k tickets left in the pot.

That's based off 175k tickets though, I can't remember the actual amount.

Just double checked, think there was 142k sold in November. So could be around 24k left in the pot. 

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

I’m going to post our resale group spreadsheet (in read-only form) to this thread on Thursday just before 6pm and on Sunday just before 9am, if anyone is about to help then we will be eternally grateful for any successful ticket transactions ♥️ hope that’s ok!

Wasn’t going to do this before due to the payment situation, but as it’s been changed that’s less of an issue now luckily!

• Like 3

having never got a Coach Ticket before, I am now trying for my daughter....

It states "The Ticket + Coach travel options, provided by See Tickets, will be from the locations listed here." but doesnt actually say anything...

Is it this lot from the regular Info page ?

and can you really book singles.?? thumbnail_Coach-Prices-2023-1.jpeg

13 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

It states "The Ticket + Coach travel options, provided by See Tickets, will be from the locations listed here." but doesnt actually say anything...

yep ive got a single from Taunton .... do you mean specifically where are the collections points within those towns / cities ? which ones are you looking at ? edit yep misread ... those are the  departure points 

Edited by Crazyfool01
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Do coach times show up when you’re selecting tickets, or do you get sent them at a later date?

for london / bristol you pick as theres so much choice, elsewhere sent later i think?

50 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

If you need the location of the drop off just say which city, theres people on here who will know and be able to tell you. Guessing your Cambridge - if anyone can help?

Singles do exist yep

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, henry bear said:

Given that I, and others in my group, got as far as the payment page in October and ended up with fuck all, I’m quite glad they’re trying it this way. Naturally, if I end up with fuck all again I’ll think it the worst idea ever

Same happened to me and a friend in October, so if we’re lucky enough to get through this will hopefully make things easier and mean more places popping into the queue 🤞