Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

Honestly don't know why people are still on this forum. I pop on every now and then and see the same old arguments.

Is it some sort of Stockholm syndrome? Masochism? Neil repeatedly suggests he doesn't give a shit who helps him or uses the site, he quite obviously doesn't care about anybody on it, he's desperate to get rid. How loud of a message do people need for it to sink in that they'e not actually wanted?

There are alternatives where people just really like Glastonbury and want to talk about it.

Tiny Dancer and Rocket Man will be the magic moments for me.

I’d dearly love it if he found some room for some rarities. At Bestival we got Grey Seal and Levon in the set, but what I wouldn’t give for the likes of Amoreena, Holiday Inn, Captain Fantastic or Someone saved my life tonight. 

Just now, FrancisH said:

Honestly don't know why people are still on this forum. I pop on every now and then and see the same old arguments.

Is it some sort of Stockholm syndrome? Masochism? Neil repeatedly suggests he doesn't give a shit who helps him or uses the site, he quite obviously doesn't care about anybody on it, he's desperate to get rid. How loud of a message do people need for it to sink in that they'e not actually wanted?

There are alternatives where people just really like Glastonbury and want to talk about it.

I quit Twitter recently due to the rising levels of toxicity. This is one of the remaining places I visit for ‘social’ content. Although clearly not everyone wants or respects all users, there are plenty of us here who enjoy the discussions when it stays healthy and fun.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

DFF0CFC5-C64D-4C55-8FDE-FF7AAF437159.jpeg

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, FrancisH said:

People just stick around with what’s familiar and are able to see that Neil’s had a major life changing event … I guess my hope is that the sale goes through and that neil is happy after . That’s why I still mod here to help a human out . And no I don’t agree with Neil’s posts far from it but I also believe efests still has a core of great people and the grass isn’t always greener 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 14

6 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

Im so with you on this mate. Used to be on this site  a lot and the lineup rumours page is still helpful but I scroll through the forums occasionally to see if there are any useful nuggets of info and it’s just a load of argumentative shite. I prefer the Glastonbury Reddit thread these days.

18 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

People just stick around with what’s familiar and are able to see that Neil’s had a major life changing event … I guess my hope is that the sale goes through and that neil is happy after . That’s why I still mod here to help a human out . And no I don’t agree with Neil’s posts far from it but I also believe efests still has a core of great people and the grass isn’t always greener 

That's great, and sincerely I do hope Neil is happy eventually too, it is clear that the sooner he shifts this site the better for himself - But I don't think it's right to basically just laugh at people that financially chipped in to help him out.

Also with the greatest respect, It's terrible that Neil has had a major life changing event, but I've been a member on here for almost a decade and always found Neil extremely stubborn and argumentative with other users.

Edited by FrancisH
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, FrancisH said:

That's great, and sincerely I do hope Neil is happy eventually too, it is clear that the sooner he shifts this site the better for himself - But I don't think it's right to basically just laugh at people that financially chipped in to help him out.

Also with the greatest respect, It's terrible that Neil has had a major life changing event, but I've been a member on here for almost a decade and always found Neil extremely stubborn and argumentative with other users.

Yeah me also … I don’t disagree but I’m also aware of stuff he does for the stroke association that casts him In much better light than some of his posts of late that frankly defy any logic whatsoever .  I’ve always tried to see the best in people and I see these posts as nonsense tbh 

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Yeah me also … I don’t disagree but I’m also aware of stuff he does for the stroke association that casts him In much better light than some of his posts of late that frankly defy any logic whatsoever .  I’ve always tried to see the best in people and I see these posts as nonsense tbh 

Not stroke association but a different stroke charity. 

2 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

What's any of this got to do with headliners at the Glastonbury Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts?

Because as soon as anyone mentions one of the likely headliners of Glastonbury festival of contemporary performing arts… this happens 

45 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Just to remind everyone there is an 'other other fests'ival place that covers all things music festivals, particularly Glastonbury, were the runners will not con you into giving them money and then insult you for doing so.

The conversations are much more varied and the general discor(d)se is much better, way more chilled.

Even the resident American is much nicer than the resident American on here.

😘

1 hour ago, maelzoid said:

Tiny Dancer and Rocket Man will be the magic moments for me.

I’d dearly love it if he found some room for some rarities. At Bestival we got Grey Seal and Levon in the set, but what I wouldn’t give for the likes of Amoreena, Holiday Inn, Captain Fantastic or Someone saved my life tonight. 

Oh man, 'Amoreena' is easily my #1 Elton song. Ever since watching the opening credits to Dog Day Afternoon 😅

From the likely setlist, most looking forward to 'I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues'

36 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

What's any of this got to do with headliners at the Glastonbury Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts?

Nothing. Who are they? Is it pretty much a sealed deal? I've heard GnR and Arctic Monkeys?

1 hour ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

were the runners will not con you into giving them money and then insult you for doing so.

No one was conned out of any money @Crazyfool01could step in here and explain how he took it upon himself to fund raise with the help of @Sawdusty surfer to raise money to help with Neil's disability because they thought he should be able to go to Glastonbury. Neil didn't ask them to. 

Clarification please @Crazyfool01

• Like 1

Just now, Kizzie said:

No one was conned out of any money @Crazyfool01could step in here and explain how he took it upon himself to fund raise with the help of @Sawdusty surfer to raise money to help with Neil's disability because they thought he should be able to go to Glastonbury. Neil didn't ask them to. 

as was made clear at the time, the money raised was spent on a battery pack and solar charger, to keep my toys powered, and i was thankful for it, how many times do some special people need to be thanked.

2 minutes ago, Kizzie said:

Yeah absolutely this … neil had no knowledge and refused this fundraiser I setup initially