Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

its not that i don't like them, its that i think its a dreadful booking for glastonbury to make i think most people expect better, just think of the slagging cochella would be getting here if they booked gnr.

I do think this too, but I have made my peace with it because I know that when they're playing I'll be several ciders deep and probably stood at West Holts anyway.

Also I realised that some people are quite excited to see them, and I think I'd get pissed quite quickly if everyone kept shitting on a band I was looking forward to.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Neil said:

its not that i don't like them, its that i think its a dreadful booking for glastonbury to make i think most people expect better, just think of the slagging cochella would be getting here if they booked gnr.

Point made. Multiple times. It's literally worth one comment in this thread. Nothing more. WE. KNOW. WHAT. YOU. THINK. ABOUT. GNR. 

4 hours ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Apparently Reg hasn't been playing Lion King stuff, shocking. Hope he pulls out Can You Feel the Love Tonight at least.

I would absolutely love this but it seems the chances are slim. I guess it depends on how bothered he is by making the Glastonbury set different to the rest of his tour. My guess would be "not very".

45 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

All I wanna know is, do they usually play Sweet Child of mine/welcome to the jungle at the beginning or the end? Cos they're the only ones I wanna be there for...

This is my thinking too, a mini set of Sweet Child of Mine, Welcome To The Jungle, Paradise City, You Could Be Mine, and a couple of others and it would be a festival highlight. Sitting through 15 other numbers I'm not greatly interested in puts me off...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I would absolutely love this but it seems the chances are slim. I guess it depends on how bothered he is by making the Glastonbury set different to the rest of his tour. My guess would be "not very".

I'm guessing we'll have a guest or two (Homme, Dua Lipa or something)

1 minute ago, Avalon_Fields said:

This is my thinking too, a mini set of Sweet Child of Mine, Welcome To The Jungle, Paradise City, You Could Be Mine, and a couple of others and it would be a festival highlight. Sitting through 15 other numbers I'm not greatly interested in puts me off...

That’s my worry. I did a Playlist from a recent gig and there was easily 10-12 I’d like to hear, but a lot of filler. Apparently they normally do about three hours which presumably (and hopefully) will have to be significantly reduced for Glastonbury with the big hitters staying in.

3 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

This is exactly where I'm at with them. No issue with them headlining but for me I'm not sure I can justify 2+ hours for 4 or 5 songs. If they could kindly agree to do them all in the last half an hour that would be fantastic 🙂 

59 minutes ago, Neil said:

yes, but people don't want my opinion to exist, which is why i keep restating it.

Nobody is saying that, you’re as welcome to your opinion as anyone else. It’s just that’s all it is, an opinion. Most people know where they stand on GNR and are unlikely to have that swayed by someone on a Message Board.

4 minutes ago, fullfathom5 said:

I've never read a better article. 

Waddayameanthedailymashisntserious! Course they are, it's all true!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

I can’t imagine what that Wichita Lineman cover is like. That will be a toilet break if they do that.

If you want to combine a meal with your toilet break then go during November Rain.  And I would much rather having AC/DC sing whole lotta Rosie 😉😊

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

For all the complaints about trolls there is only one person who repetitively trolls this thread with the same tired nonsense....

I don't disagree that it's tiresome for Neil to keep bringing up that he dislikes GnR every time they are mentioned, but it's no more tiresome and repetitive than people going "no, it's GnR and Arctic Monkeys" every time someone else throws out headliner possibilities. 

We already know that Neil does like GnR.

We already know that 50% of the posters in here think it's Arctics, GnR and Elton (a good half of whom were doing "Arctics, Taylor, Elton" since last year)

I mean there's not much point left to this thread. We can discuss what we think of the three headliners we are expecting, in which case of course the GnR discussion will keep coming up, or we can discuss other possibilities, in which case the "but you're wrong" thing keeps coming up.

(It's interesting when it gets a bit off track though!)

• Upvote 3