Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

That’s NME picked up on it now so you’d imagine it’ll be shared pretty widely by the end of the day.

I realise even the GnR enthusiasts among us aren’t likely to be listening to their bassist’s radio show but it is quite funny if this happened a couple of weeks ago and none of us noticed, especially after also missing the rocket on the webcam for Elton’s announcement. 

I'll put faith in Emily and co to populate the rest of the line up with diverse and interesting acts and just accept that this year there isn't anyone to give the headline slot to that would make it a bit less like like a sausage fest. Lack of a suitable female headliner the whole festival music business has an issue with because of not giving people the smaller slots and scaling them up over the years. I think Glastonbury helps remedy this by booking diverse acts across the line up and not just the top-line. 

Hopefully in a few years this conversation just disappears as it just becomes the norm to see more women billing the top line.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

That’s NME picked up on it now so you’d imagine it’ll be shared pretty widely by the end of the day.

I realise even the GnR enthusiasts among us aren’t likely to be listening to their bassist’s radio show but it is quite funny if this happened a couple of weeks ago and none of us noticed, especially after also missing the rocket on the webcam for Elton’s announcement. 

Standards around here have slipped.

9 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah cause booking the most popular artist in the world right now is certainly seen as a bad thing nowadays. Gotta appeal to the lawn chair punters.

Let's get one thing straight, when it comes to 'music', Bad Bunny is not the most popular artist in the world. In your head he is because of your bias towards American music, events and your inability to accept anything out of this scenario.

I'm not a lawn chair punter lol, I've never taken a chair to prop up a main stage. I go to Slam Dunk etc, I'm in the pit.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Radiochicken said:

Tbh I’d be surprised if they get their own announcement. They scream “reveal with the poster” so the whole thing can be seen in context.

Is their Hyde park show sold out?

Nope. I'd hazard a guess that it probably won't either without either some strong supports announced or reduced priced tickets.

1 minute ago, Radiochicken said:

Tbh I’d be surprised if they get their own announcement. They scream “reveal with the poster” so the whole thing can be seen in context.

Maybe that was the plan, but now the band have leaked it and it's getting shared around in the press, you'd imagine Glasto HQ have to do something 

RE BST - General Admission is sold out

image.png.4ec85b1c1e0cecf9576047279a423c4f.png

2 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

Do wonder if this was an accidental slip from Duff, wouldn't have expected them to be announced for a while with that BST date to sell.

17 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah this is very funny. I'm pretty excited about seeing them tbh, although I'm leaving some potential for being elsewhere when that lineup drops.

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

Nope. I'd hazard a guess that it probably won't either without either some strong supports announced or reduced priced tickets.

For what it's worth, certain people will say the lack of selling out Hyde Park tells you everything....even after multiple sold out stadium shows.

The realistic side is that Hyde Park is shite lol. Sound is usually shit unless you hit the right spot, it's up there with Ally Pally as an indoor arena as a venue I just wouldn't go unless I had to.